Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
and uberjuggle? count me in for that!

I learnt a new trick today that i dont know the name or ss for. its sort of like a 423 but the 3 ball changes each time, it's swapped for one of the 4s but im not sure what this is.

This is it i'm afraid, been spinning poi mostly in preparation for uberpoi so havent really picked up my juggling balls!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Rob you make me sick.

uber juggle may be good, but you may have to wait a while unless u all want to come to Italy?

At last...i found a place to bounce juggle today. bounce2

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol
yesterday i tried that, and couldn't even catch the pirouette. i think it'll be many years before that one is solid...

but at least 744 now runs for upwards of 45 catches on a few occasions every time i go out.

uberjuggle will have to wait til early next year i think, so you should be ok.

biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
yay...did my first 10 catches of a 5b cascade yeaterday..i did say i wouldn't try 5 till i knew more 4b stuff but got bored

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
ok its not impressive but ive just learnt to juggle four ball as i didnt realise that they didnt have to cross over and so i can now do it.

yay for me

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
5b in air to 5b bounced by dropping three into bounce pattern. Tis rather nice if a little dangerous.

Mini love the avatar smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
hi guys, its been a while since i've done any posting so here goes,

got 534 and 504 nice and solid, both lurvely patterns, just getting started doing them backwards... might take a while,

5551 has been going well, works every time from my right hand site, but cant quite pump it out or to long on my right, 55514 looks slightly more realistice than it has done it the past.

55550 solid, and 5 ball cascade has come on leaps and bounds.

4 ball mills..... its getting there, as yet no arrival time scheduled

441 mills are starting to work, got the one starting on the U ball solid the others are getting there (starting on the 1 ball is hard) that and 444033 messes.

got started on piroettes (hope thats the right spelling)
that and throwing balls behind my back and turning round, all very fun :-)

loonking forward to seeing everyone soon, is anyone here going to the bristol juggling convention?

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
1up pirouettes with clubs and balls
35 catches of 5 balls

5 balls is taking me a long long time to learn. frown

"Take that, math!"

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I juggled fire torches for the first time yesterday, and then i juggled them for my circle show, which is commin on nicely.

yay me!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
KiwiBex ubblove can now juggle 3 clubs smile

We are going to pass soon bounce2

5b force bounce cascade coming along nicely.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
5b force bounce is megalywegaly hard eek

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
and now Ive passed fire clubs for the first time!
woooo

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well after not having picked up balls in about six months I learnt Mill's Mess, Mike's Mess and the windmill. Maybe I might actually have a play with them more often now... wink

"Moo," said the happy cow.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
bloody jugglers rolleyes wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, perhaps I should change that! ubblol

"Moo," said the happy cow.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
regularly getting 3b cascade past 20 catches now. I feel so far behind..

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
you and me both MiG. but nice one. im glad its coming along.

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i got three catches juggling 3 playing cards today. im ever so gradually getting there, but its like going from balls to clubs, you need to learn to throw and catch them again.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
https://www.barnesy.org/juggletween2/

This is worth a look...[from rec.juggling]

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Hey there guys

New one for me yesterday, a sync 53 in a 531 mills (u ball is the 5) with the 5 caught behind the head same hand. Humm...... well i think thats how to discribe it? Reverse lukes lobotomy and lukes lobotomy with the 4 caught behind the head still doing my nut.

Juggle on.......and on.......and on.........

Ads

Is that magnets!?

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I'm working on a 3 ball column with a 2 ball multiplex cross over start. i think that's how it would work, anyway.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
was working on 744 and 645 starting with my left hand last night but i'm still rubbish at 5b stuff.
my cascade is wonky and invariably falls apart at around 60 catches.
must remember to keep working on form as this seems to be the best remedy.

playing with some 3 ball pirouettes.
me multiplex one works lovely now smile
3up out of a shower i caught a few times but its still hard frown
the 75300 piro looks just like the multiplex one but is *really* hard - for some reason i want to be able to do this one far more than the others rolleyes

overhead 423's and 531 worked and 4b fountain is getting closer...

played with a bit of contact and body wobbling but you lot don't wanna know about that i'm sure wink

tis safe to say that juggling is back on the agenda biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
been playing around with clubs in the wall plane since falmouth so far managed 441, 423 but haven't thought of a nice 2 in the wall pane yet (any ideas?) and one up two ( (4,4),(0,4),(4,4),(4,0) for all you side swap geeks) with the two up in wall plane and the one up normal.

also having fun with half pirouettes singual and double spins and from 4 sync smile

yep juggling is back on but it's all about clubs (well at least till I get fustrated with back crosses again mad )

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
badass tim - i love wallplane stuff too biggrin
i also hate backcrosses mad wink

nice 423: wallplane 4's as 1.5 spins, 3's as wallplane flats (like in wallplane showers), 2's then become wallplane halves by necessity (like ohshits) - it ain't easy though!

wallplane inverse throws are gorgeous but still tend to lose me.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
that's really nice would never of thourght of that by myself beerchug

so far managed 6 revs but that with the 3's as sandard singles. Think I'll wait till my 1.5 are at a proper 4 height (or my 4's are proper 1.5 confused ) till i try adding the flats

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
hi guys, managed some solid 55514's yesterday, can anyone think of any other nice 4ball async siteswaps, i'd like to get started chucking some 6s about i've tried 642 and 633 but they is both very scarysome,

managed to chuck a few 7531s up but they were mega-floopy lookin', 74414 remains a mystery:-)

happy jugglin' and stuff

pat

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
552 is a nice one and good practice for 5b or 4b burkes barrage (all throws cross and it's left, right, right, left, left, right, right, left, left...)

other to try 534, 55550, 6622, 6631, 66611 (nice for experenting with one's) , 666600, 23456 (start with the 4), 615 (from cold start with 6[22]5625, but it's abit tough). A nice syc one to keep you busy is (x6,4)(4,x2) then reverse (little tip in syc throw x2's as if they were 1's)

That's about all I can think of at the moment but I reckon it'll keep you busy for a wheil smile

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
cheers T&B, i've already got 552 and 55550 sorted, was thinking of getting them to go into 53, i've got 534 solid as well, all those 6s look wicked i hadden't thought of 6631, 66611 is gonna be hard, looks like a bit of a jump up from 5511, and 66161 looks like its gonna be a nightmare, 23456, erm, scary :-)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: Megafish

can anyone think of any other nice 4ball async siteswaps, i'd like to get started chucking some 6s about i've tried 642 and 633 but they is both very scarysome

pat

1960 (put it into a simulator, looks ubblove but there's no way i'm trying it...)

534 with 3 in reverse cascade

534633 is rather nice too

(6x2x) (2x6x) is quite cool too, but sync.

juggle

Written by: coleman

my cascade is wonky and invariably falls apart at around 60 catches.

Cole - Stop counting, should help smile
EDITED_BY: Hexagonic (1122644384)

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
cheers will, the computer has got quite good at doing all of those ones already, might take me a little bit longer, when are you back in the UK? i could do with coming down to spitz and having my brain done in for a while:-)

Page: ......