Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hiya all, has anyone tried juggling pixi-sticks? ie really short staves that burn at both ends?

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
juggle lalalalalala sunny

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Ok give them to me at Synergy and I'll let you know...

Are they really that bad? Or just cheap?

But at 135g they must be better than samballs, but prlly not as good as globalls, heavy b@$t@rds...

U taking your red nose TomTom?

Williwi

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well I've got the first half of a Mill's Mess going from left side to right, coming back the other way is a bit trickier lol. Probably because my left hand throwing from right to left still sucks smile

Working on a few more odds and sods, been a wee bit slack the last week though...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yes!
yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!

tomohawktomhawkbackcrossbackcrosstomohawktomohawkbackcrossbackcross
ad nauseam.

YES!

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: spiralx

Well I've got the first half of a Mill's Mess going from left side to right, coming back the other way is a bit trickier lol. Probably because my left hand throwing from right to left still sucks smile

Working on a few more odds and sods, been a wee bit slack the last week though...

i found last night i was having a prob with throwing back across and continously due to i was grabbing the ball in teh air, and end up pointing them down to teh flaw instead of up into teh air, whatch your hands....

i didnt notice , until i was really peeved, im going to attck it again soon, hopfully it wils ink into my mind!

Step (el-nombrie)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i haven't been online enough lately so can't remember what i've learnt. got a one handed three ball multiplex and catch last night tho. biggrin also been getting into club passing, five balls getting nicer, as are four. an cole, i'm finally gonna buy some new balls! gonna get 7 or 8 mr.babache but can't decide on colours still. may get some new clubs but dunno wether to get one or two more beard circus or go all out for some henry's classics.... hmmm... umm

i've also tried getting on a wheel but can't get very far at the moment... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Erm got my backcrosses solid on 3 clubs, alberts every now and then, and that one where you bat the thrown club into a reverse with a club before catching it. Also - flourishes with a 1/2 snake instead of the usual fingerspin.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
hmm, been learning 4 balls, just the basic throws and catches, have almost got that now...

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmm another day of tasty 7ballness.
22 now.

and a couple of three up pirouettes with clubs....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
been learning clubs for about 2 months now... have got double and tripple spins down, and have been working on under-the-leg throws... what are some other easy-ish three club tricks to master before moving on to trickier stuff?
juggle

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
I always get into double/triple spins from the same hand while throwing singles with the other.

Start learning 1/2 throws and then flats. then reverses.

2 in 1 hand while doing something with the other.

Learn to catch a club while holding a club in that hand. Then you can do multiplexes and other cool stuff.

HTH,

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i somehow managed 30 catches of 5 ball. considering my previous record is 10, im not quite sure what happened....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
smile

Try mills mess if you can do it with balls.

If not....
Learn mills mess with balls, then come back to me.
Then I shall tell you what to do next smile

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
I almost got the mills the other night..just for a while, then when I stopped I couldn't remember how I was doing it!! Arg! and it seemed so easy while I was doing it!
*Eveish trundles off to find a juggler to show her how to do it AGAIN*

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
i got some weird multiplex variations, over the last couple of days. but nothing special. i have no jugglers around to teach me so i have to figure things out by myself. so most of this is really basic

my latest trick was 2 ball multiplex with chops inbetween. its pretty tricky to get it going continuosly and there are many variations to play around with..... involves a lot of big and fast arm movements. (again thats from my viewpoint, coleman probably could do that while balancing on a matchstick)

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: Josh

Start learning 1/2 throws and then flats. then reverses.

i reckon reverses are slightly easier than flats, but maybe that's just me.

if you have decent doubles and triples, flashes are good fun: double-double-double, triples flash, double-double-triple, double-triple-quad.
then try spinning round underneath them ubbrollsmile

chops are great and can be really styled out with clubs.

dips (throwing the club so it spins in the wallplane).

tapbacks and oh-sh*ts are worth learning too for when you end up with a wrong end.

i still can't do most of this stuff and now winter is on its way, i probably won't even start learning again for another 6 months.

balls it is then smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
I like to dance around lots when I juggle (this is somwhat hampered by my lack juggling skills, but it is SLOWLY improving juggle), and this is a really nice poiish structure I have started to use when playing with 3balls:
The idea is to get throws going the same way each time ie left to right, left to to right, left to right this might be known as a windmill but I am not to sure... The catching hands move quickly back to the same place in order to throw again (this means everyother throw will have you with your arms crossed). If you learn this both ways and also get it going in front of you a bit like a buzzsaw sort of thing (ie always throws away from where you are facing or always back to you) , then you are free to run around in circles. So it is like the balls stay doing the same thing but you move around them always facing them. Still having a bit of trouble with the buzzsaw like bits but it is lots of fun ubblove.

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i do that too kyle!

nice one smile

have spent a while trying to walk around a cascade but its a lot harder than this!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Black flouzies eh? Won't they be a tad difficile to see against the dark roof at Spitz?

I'd go for Mr. Babache anyday.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
its cool - i got a load of lb beanbags instead.

ever tried flashing 11 will...?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
What's the lb beanbag? Are those the barnsey bags as used by numbers geeks?

No i've never tried flashing 11, or 9.

Can't really see the point, i'd rather get 7 nice and clean, solid and get some tricks (my half shower is coming along, slowly). Last night I could have used you counting - i did quite a long 7b run.

Have you ever tried flashing/juggling eleven?

I got 5ball double boucing shower today. It's real nice 2 balls are always bouncing at the same time...

mad2

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Must announce something to all who might be excited about such an event...

I GOT THREE FIRE CLUB-LETTS FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile juggle juggle beerchug tongue smile ubbrollsmile juggle juggle juggle smile smile smile smile

as you can maybe tell, I'm very excited about this!! *Eve does a happy dance around her room for the twentieth time today*

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
biggrin for eve's new toys ubbrollsmile

will - lb bags

i've never tried throwing more than 7 things at any one time.
i've tried flashing 4 in one hand and can just about do that.

i'll be at highgate next week with my counting hat on for ya wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
woohoohoo, that juggling pattern where the hands flip over and one ball gets scooped between the hands, think it might be called grace, whatever it is called, it is now mine :-)

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

I LUV FIRE!!newbie
11 posts

Posted:
k i just learnt a new move 4 devils sticks....its where you do the normal click clack or tick tick, throw the center sick up, move 1 hand stick under 1 leg, catch the center stick, do the click clack/tick tock then throw the center stick up again jump to the other leg and put the other handstick under ur leg and catch the center stick again. if u can get this fast enough u can walk whilst doing it. ubbrollsmile

i no that sounded very confusing but still some of u who have more mind power than me might be able to understand it!! ubbloco

ethel the aardvark goes quantity surveying......

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
hey just a random question,
does anyone own those coiled fire juggling balls? the ones you can hold in ur hand without gloves. i was thinking about getting some but i dont know anyone who owns them, so i would like some feedback on them.....
thanks

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
konsti - speak to jonnny dreadlikely cos he has a set of fyrefly's.

i warn ya - they do get hot...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Cheers Cole.

Last night i discovered Mike's Mess in 3 Rings.
smile

And came VERY close to landing 5 ring pancakes, but I only managed 4 catches
frown

Alas I won't be at Highgate tonight - maybe see you Tuesday?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
knsoti - from what i have heard, they are leight and bouncie, and VERY light when you are juggling them?

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ...