Forums > Social Chat > Where did u get that name.............

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Let's see now: we know most of each other's ages........wouldn't the elucidation of our nicknames make for some gripping bedtime reading? ------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

TanzenBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
My nickname use to be "Bones". I aquired that while doing some -work- (could tell you what, but I'd have to kill you) in Sarajevo, Bosnia a few years ago. For security purposes, we couldn't use are real names.When I came back to the United States (after 6 1/2 years in Europe), I wanted a name which would reflect where I came from. Since I lived in Germany most of the time, I chose "Tanzen"...a German verb meaning "to dance".Tanzen------------------Ravers don't share glowsticks!

Ravers don't share glowsticks!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hmm, which nicknames...INFERNO (already in this thread)Krazy Karl - My unicycling charcter, named after a guy at juggling club who hurt himself badly coming off a unicycle (i think)The Baloon Dude (hmm, I'll let you think about this one)Sparkles the Clown - how many clowns do you know of with a hologrammatic vest which has psarkley circles that chrink and grow bigger as you watch.Other nick namesStumpyBrandon (eeech 90210 was a bad show)"the unicycle dude"etcetcetc------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

poiboymember
22 posts

Posted:
I guess it's kind of obvious how I chose my name, but upon seeing all the interesting stories everyone has about the origin of their name, and realizing that I could have one too, I came to see that it sucks and I hate it frownCan I change it without opening a new user file?

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
hi everyone. my god this is my first post in an extremely long time. there are a ton of new people, well hi to all you kids that don't know me. i'm girl from mars,aka the martian, aka n8s fiance, aka n8s' martian. i got my name because i am one of the guys here at home. all of my closest friends at male. there is a debate going on about if in fact i actually am a male or not. i know n8 can name off every reason that i am believed to be male. the only thing that keeps me technically female are my obvious female parts. i think the only time i get girly is when i'm PMSing. so according to the saying men are from mars , women are from venus.....i am, the girl from mars. ------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

LiL MiSS SiNmember
5 posts

Posted:
Hehehehe its kinda funny...My real name is Sid and when I'm somewhere that there is LOUD music and people ask my name I answer them and they think I said SiN... So I just kinda went with it... It seems to be a bit more defining at times as well.... Great BarFly Trick, well that and the cherry stem trick winkkeep on swinging... smile ------------------Bass is the Virus...Vinyl is the Cure...

Bass is the Virus...Vinyl is the Cure...

Belrockmember
33 posts

Posted:
Belrock...got it from a book. Belrock is the Lord Demon of the Dwarven underworld...he stands 70 feet tall...and is made entirely of fire wink

Fire Demon of the Dwarven world...I am Belrock

LiL MiSS SiNmember
5 posts

Posted:
OOooOOhhhh... ORIN I know what a furry is.... Anthropomorphic FUN... Do I get a gold star? Your Alter ego huh? Fire and furries you do intrigue my dear... wink------------------Bass is the Virus...Vinyl is the Cure...[This message has been edited by LiL MiSS SiN (edited 09 February 2002).][This message has been edited by LiL MiSS SiN (edited 09 February 2002).]

Bass is the Virus...Vinyl is the Cure...

Tailsmember
16 posts

Posted:
well.. i'll take a shot at responding to this... this was my first real nickname when i was in college.. stuck for a while.. untill i wrecked myself on my dirtbike.. and i got the nickname 'gimp' ... a little over a year ago.. the nickname resurfaced among a whole new group of friends.. who had no idea it was my nickname in the past... heh... here's the story : there was a series of games on the Sega Genesis called Sonic the Hedgehog... had a little sidekick.. a double tailed fox named Tails... if you followed the sonic games at all.. you'd find that Tails real name was Miles 'Tails' Prower or.. Miles per hourfunny thing.. i have hair as red as the fox.. and my name is Miles (later changed to Myles.. i like to be different) so.. people called me tails for 3 reasons... my name is myles, i have red hair, and i like playing sonic.. a lot wink now, they have a third reason.. it fits in really well with fire poi wink so i think i'll keep it-Tails[This message has been edited by Tails (edited 09 February 2002).]

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
K, well my nick name stuck to me last year when one of my teachers, also a very close friend, sent me a poem about a glow worm on my cell phone (the poem appears in my signature). She was trying to cheer me up and from then on started callin me glowworm whenever i was upset about anything. I thought it was kinda cute really! And since im an ammature fire poier, i thought it fitted in very well!!Other nicknames:Nickmacole, Coles, Nix, Rolly ect, ect. (my real name is Nicole) smile------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
A greek guy I used to know called Leo used to call me Robin, The walls of the study are green (my computer is in the study), and I was wearing shoes at the time.

Orinmember
36 posts

Posted:
LiL MiSS SiN!Yay for you!Yup, that's it!
Non-Https Image Link
grin that's not exactly it.. (the monkey I mean) but you get the idea wink heheSo yes, yes you do get a star!
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
Two stars! Since you're the only one that knew it!-Orin[This message has been edited by Orin (edited 13 February 2002).][This message has been edited by Orin (edited 13 February 2002).]

Once I cut my hand, but the wound was not part of me.
Now I'm a man, there's a wound at the heart of me.

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
OrinHow do you get animated monkey/stars in the message??

Orinmember
36 posts

Posted:
Uhm.. well smile Super easy way.. cheat :Phttps://www.mysmilies.comThey have tons of smilies there and all you do is click on the one you want in your post.It'll copy some UBB code to your clipboard, all you do is come back to your post, and hit Cntrl+V (Paste)boom. done smile-Orin

Once I cut my hand, but the wound was not part of me.
Now I'm a man, there's a wound at the heart of me.

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Let's try this then...
Non-Https Image Link
or maybe
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
Let's see[This message has been edited by robingreenshoes (edited 13 February 2002).][This message has been edited by robingreenshoes (edited 13 February 2002).]

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hehehehehehe Hours of fun!!!
Non-Https Image Link
You're going to wish you never gave me that link!!
Non-Https Image Link
LOOK! IT'S AN AEORPLANE!!

swiftythefireguymember
61 posts

Posted:
they call me swifty because i am swift .i also play with fire and well ( check his pants )i'm a guy the rest is historyi have a kitten called pyro too. she is always getting to close to candles and fire and stuff and now she singed her wiskers your attitude is your altitude so climb higher

dont ever ask me whta time it is ?where are we? or are we there yet? because the time is now!we here !and we wil never be there !

Weazalmember
13 posts

Posted:
My family has called me Weazal for as long as I can remember and my freinds heard it one time and thought it was fitting so whenever we would go play paintball they would always call me Weazal. And when I got my radio show and they said I had to pick a nickname it just seemed fitting.

Feemember
80 posts

Posted:
Truth is.... i was too lazy (suffering a slight poi concusion 2) to even be bothered thinking up a nickname.... so i just shortened my own lol

Why do you like to confuse me so?

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
You wouldn't think the name Surloch is rare but as far as I can tell, I'm the only person who has ever used it. I've searched Google, Hotbot, Lycos, Yahoo, Altavista for Surloch, and the only times it comes up are all to do with me.Anyway, the origin of the name was a dream I had some 4-5 years ago. I was this Bard called Surloch in the dream. Ever since, my online handle has been Surloch. Variously through School and life, I have had these names:'Bomber' Thomson (my real name is Ben Thomson)PsychoBenjiDanathel (character in a book I was writing)Tombstone (Lazerforce Nic)And a few others....

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”

Taylor Darkfallmember
3 posts

Posted:
Labyrinth rules!!! It totaly got me hooked on learning to contact juggle ( which I am now quite profiecient at) If you haven't seen it YOU MUST! Its the best Jim Henson movie ever!!!! Oh and My name is what I wanted to call my daughter when she is born a few years from now.. but my girlfriend said no. So it's my nick now.. here at least..And no, My girls gestation period is not all messed up.. I mean we're not getting married untill I finish level 33 on AD&D...(joking!!! I mean level 35):::: goblins haul him to the oubliett::::------------------"Was it a vision or a waking dream...fled is that music. Do I wake or sleep." - Keats

Was it a vision or a waking dream...fled is that music. Do I wake or sleep. - Keats

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bumping this for various reasons. Cheifly because Kyrian asked about Whipping Boy and he's in here someplace (page 2)Also because it's kinda fun.Note should be taken of Pele's comment on page two about how few of the people from the first page are still about. Same seems to be true of the second page as well. Tis kinda sad.....

Meh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Don't think i've posted in this thread yet. Hrm, my current nick name is Phunky. The reason i have it is it closely resembles my real name (Phuong-Vu), and back in my youth i(lol, i just turned 20... i feel so old smile)used to do some crazy stuff.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Too easy and obvious,My full name is Rosalyn. I usually go for Roz, but cos we already got a Ros, I thought it would be too confusing (I was a lurker here for a few months before registering).Full meaning of Rosalyn according to parents - Rose in running water. Meaning of name according to name book - Big red horse... (Not so happy on that one) winkMy other nicknames (mainly red hair stuff):FoxyRozibabeMatchRedheadHeatbeadfirelighterblue/blueyBloodnutroz-staRudolph the rednosed reindeerSnotfaceI am sure there have been others, but heyR.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Rozi, you have to explain some of those! Bloodnut? Blue? Rudolph?? And snotface tends to be more of an insult, rather than a friendly nickname

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Only the bloodnut one is actually rude. It was given to me by a redhead who was called that when she was young (blood = red, nut = head), and she had taken great offense to it. I was never that bothered by it winkBlue is an Aussie thing (apparently). It is an ironic name for a redhead. Rudolph I'm not explaining *smiles mysteriously*Snotface is from the movie "Drop Dead Fred", where an imaginary friend played by Rik Mayall insists on calling his child-charge "Snotface" (and making "pants-pie"). It is one of my favourite movies, & my sister used to call me it.Hope that is a little clearer!!!R.[This message has been edited by Rozi (edited 28 March 2002).]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
'Helen' is actually my name on my birth certificate, but I've been know as Dibs since before I was born. I have an older sister who used to call the lump on my mum's tummy a 'Dib' - one fine spring day, the 'Dib' vanished and this ickle, slimey, smelly baby appeared. My sister couldn't understand where the lump had gone or where this 'thing' (me) had come from. She put two and two together and I became 'The Dib' hence Dibs! Yay! Loads of variations on it though:DibblerDibnerDibb dibb dobb dobb'Lady Dibbleton'DibspriteDibsterbut Dibs_star because of the fire connection. And someone once told me on a dark night up a mountain, lying underneath a blanket of stars, that I was the brightest of them all............... (There's a bucket stage left if anyone feels the need)Thats me!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Just to make you laugh, I used to get called 'Electric star fish' because of my hair when it was electric blue and purple, because of the star thing, and then because of my obsession with water.However, that got changed to 'ELASTIC star fish' - for no other reason than mispronounciation!!! Don't be rude!Does anyone else find it strange that I am completely obsessed with the two most opposing elements, FIRE and WATER? Hmmmm....

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
More buckets please! Did you fall for the line?

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
*Dibs changes the bucket* No I did not fall for the line. I probably would have done, if I'd have liked the person that said it, but I wasn't interested. In fact, the person was an absolute loser and I think I may have even laughed out loud when they said it. I'm honestly not a nasty person at all, I promise.I also get called, "Brenhines Tylwyth Teg".

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
Teine is scots-gaelic for fire. go figure. rolleyesalso, since accents has been brought up, pronunciation is "chen-uh". smile------------------"life begins between the night and the light."

life begins between the night and the light.

Page: ...