Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
yeah, but it was spinning poi that started me off thinking about the whole thing in the first place,

and the fact the those guys all care about who owns the record for juggling the most balls and all those compatetive typey things means that it doesn't really matter what they think anyway :-) hehehe

although saying that i'm certain that i only want to know so that i can be the ultimate in soopa doopa megaly wegaly curley wurley trippy juggling patterns, 5 ball mills mess here i come :-(in my dreams)
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1101065126)

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mech

how can i get my clubs down?

Try poking them with a stick.

smile

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
emptying a small amount of the helium from them can sometimes helps,

(whats that, we're not allowed to talk about that?)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
yes we are.

No one except a few know what you are tealking about...and some one them wont come in here.

Well, that the way I figure.

confused

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
what are you talking about, just coz your a dirty wreck head hippy who likes filling your brain with laughing gas and looking at all the pretty patterns does not mean that i am; well maybe it does + the post does say they that most of the time mech is juggling high, which really is the best way of getting a pattern to look good :-)
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1101068144)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I dont though.

smile

My concsience is clean of***.

Bloody Hippy.

wink

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
filthy bloomin'........poi person,

why don't you F*** off and spin some Poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
OK then.

*does so*

but only cos I want to, and not beuase you told me to.

smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
offtopic

rolleyes

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mech

i find most of the time im juggling high

I think I see your problem...

wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
offtopic

to defend my point on ball arcs,

its not that they defy gravity, or the laws of physics but (going on conversations with certain good jugglers, and staff, and reading stuff (yes i can read nx, just cant spell!!)) the arc that a ball moves in when you throw it is shallower on return with a Russian ball

so if you throw from point a to point be in an arc with a ball it will form an arc, with a peak called x

if you tried this with a Russian ball when it reaches x the arc down to b will be a little more shallow, due to it will fall more in a straight line than an arc, as the way it is weighted makes it do this

i played with a set out in oz, in juggle art,a nd along side the weird rissian clubs they had (very nicely made, custom lengths for diff jugglers, but as ugly as my arse in winter), the Russian prop range is a strange thing to play with!

still ill shut up now....

(feel free to take the piss out of me)

Step (el-nombrie)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic guys.

i know what you mean mech, but i think you're wrong, dxs arenot like that imo.

but still offtopic

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so back to topic, i felt really good last night as i think i got 50 odd catches with mill mess, after not parcticing it for anout a month!

but hten ucof showed me this https://jugglinglab.sourceforge.net/bin/example_gen.html

and i think im doing some weird stupid thing fo rmy mills mess!

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Off topic?

Well wasnt the "I just learnt a new move" in the poi section oh so very slightly off topic? But we have already argued that until we went blue in the face.

This is the juggling I just learnt a new move thread.
I have not learnt much with juggling altely, other than that Im rubbish and need to pratice more.

frown

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Now that i own some clubs...
I learnt to juggle 3 clubs last night biggrin

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Yay for Pink! Well done! Juggling clubs is not as easy as SOME people would have you believe! Three cheers for pink!

ps. are they pink clubs? if so, double Yay!sunny

ps. love the new sig hug ubbrollsmile ubblove

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
bounce for miss pink - you're one of us nooooooooow...

megafish - the logical extension from the tricks you listed is not 6223223.

i reckon if you follow the pattern, you get this:

they all work smile

for the reason that 6223223 doesn't work, look at the 223223 part - think where the balls would end up...
no siteswap is invalid - there are just some that aren't quite finished.
you can make that one work by changing a number and adding a multiplex.

there's a crap prize for the first person to give me a variation on that trick that is a valid 3b siteswap ubbrollsmile

mech - the reason the russian balls have an arc that is not a parabola is because they are not 'solid'.
they are stage balls that are partially sand filled.
the loose sand inside affects the arc of the ball on the return but dx's shouldn't react like this as their filling is packed and as such has no room to move around inside the ball.

rob - you're getting new tricks at a crazy rate - despite the freezing cold, rain and impending winter. hug juggle hug

i reckon you're learning new stuff fast enough for requests now... biggrin

so, please can you learn (4x,4x) on doubles with alternating left and right hand backcrosses for one of the throws?

its lovely - northern can kinda do it with balls but i'd like to see it done with clubs by someone i know ubbangel

and just to keep this partially on-topic (although look at the first page if you wanna see how on-topic it ever was here), i'm working on:

5b inverse cascade [nowhere near]
64 [closeish]
4b fountain with every throw as a reverse shoulder throw [nowhere near]
4b mills [nowhere near]
reverse luke's shuffle [one side sorted, other side hopeless]
3up half pirouette to contortion [did it once, now for some reason i think its a good idea to try and get it solid rolleyes]

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I learned cascade transitioning into shower and back out again!

YAY!

I may have also learned some four ball tricks too. But nothing actually difficult.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
My clubs are hand-me-downs but i love them none the less. They are blue, yellow and red. And they all have a shiny holographic tape strip biggrin

( hug sunbeam - haven't seen you for so long!)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
shame they're not pink then...

Cole - u can do the twice around pirouette out of 722223333
Or even the forward roll...

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
Cole, My idea for this is that all of this is in the MMSTD, and is working on the principle that if rubensteins revenge is the next step from burkes barrage then there must be another step from rubenstein, and presumable another step from there.

My original siteswap was 6223233, not 6223223 (which doesn't work, haha)

Assumung all this is in the MMSTD after having executed 22, surely you can't just add another 2? this would mean having to wrap you arms around each other, which granted is possible but is a little extravagent (especially given that only about a third of jugglers even know erics is possible let alone can do it), surely the best way to add another carry would be to throw a ball over(/under given that i don't know yet) your arm, then chop it?

I've been thinkin about this for a few weeks now and i reckon the pattern would have to go

Or something like that.

I think i'm gonna have to go up to brixton with a white board and some markers before i get anywhere with this one.

I would try and animate the whole thing on some form of WIKI device but i have a deep distrust of those things,ever since i had bad experiences with Romeo's revenge and mikes mess, the latter of which i still cannot do :-(

:-) pat
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1101142060)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
funnily enough mr cole, i got that trick twice last time i was out. [censored] hard tho.

next time i see ya? ubbangel

jon there's a difference between being in the right place and being off topic. but i'm just being NYC cause we all know he would never show his face in here.

and for my on-topic bit:

about 40 different hat tricks.
mmmmubblove

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, good point - on topic,

some form of silly hop thing that looks much more complicated than it actually is, i don't know what its called but it messes people up.

and i think it 444033 mills, got that last night and felt propper chuffed cool
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1101142461)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I think im just jealous of you all as I havent learnt anything lately.

frown

Progress has been slow down here.

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
531 john, go and get working on it now!!!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
you know that trick (4,4) (4x0) and (4,4) (4x0)

Good.

I started playing with it on sunday night and got one where the two (4's) go up as per and then the other ball does 3 (2x's) before going up as a four on the other side. I think the numbers are (4,4) (1,1,1,4) or something.

I also started playing with the shuffle, but i'm sure i'm doing it wrong.

Jon - do some passing with sunbeam!!

wink

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have been...

But they usually tend .....*im not getting into this on HOP*

frown

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
frown

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hug

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
will does this mean you are doing a sync version of 64113 (one up either side, loads of swaps..then change sides)?

off to try.

jon.

practise your four and five ball basic patterns. thats what i do when nothing else is forthcoming. its really really really useful.

five hat flash last night wih fifth hat caught on head...

off to juggle
R

Page: ......