Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
no. i refuse. i love the other thread.
its like a big fat shared moves diary and i'm posting there.
you can post about all your new moves there - dancing, poi, acro, juggling, staff, contact, swords, devilstick, double staff - all of them innit!

plus it takes me a lot longer to learn new juggly things than it does spinny things so i don't post there as often as i did before anyway.

sorry jon hug

well dones on the new juggly things - probably not your 5 too high but your 3 - do a high 5 and keep your three low and you can't fail i say smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I could delete this thread if you would so like..

but I know a few people are getting pissed off with the juggling hijacking....

confused

It is under Poi moves after all....

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
I think a juggly thread is just what we all need hehe
juggle
I have only just started juggling clubs so Im still mastering the basics of those, been juggling balls for a few years though and I have no idea why I have only just picked up clubs, they ROCK!
hug

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
Eveish, the exact same thing has happened with me. I would say I am the best person I know/ have met that can juggle. lol (i dont get out much). But clubs are becoming my worst enemy lol. If given 5 minutes alone with them I can get my rythemn back to doing a 3 ball cascade, BUT whenever I cock it up I ALWAYS break a nail. Guarantee everytime i go out and juggle clubs I will return back inside with a hurt thumb/finger and at least one broken nail.

lol perhaps I should just move on to something safer like silk handkercheifs.

Ive tried to the box, I did it... once but I keep throwing the ball underneath the other two in a spasticated arc. lol I can throw it straight everytime when I dont have the other two balls.

So new tricks learnt = 0
New tricks evaiding being learnt = A lot

lol, i should put my staff down and relearn how to juggle.

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
hehe - I just learned proper flourishes. The ones where you catch the club kinda backwards.

Loving the fire juggling tho - it just gets more and more fun

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I recently figured out Mill's Mess and have it down fairly well. Got a bit better at the box and can now do about 5 passes with it instead of 2 smile Need to work on some of the really sweet stuff now like machines and take outs. Also, the 3 ball shower is STILL eluding me but Im not too far off.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
anthrax- Yeps, broken nails all round for the clubletts! I have even succeded in wacking myself in the face a couple of times! (well when I first picked them up,) they are comfortable to juggle now and I can easily get double and tripple spins on all throws, I love them, can't put them down ubblove

ICon- I am the opposite to you, my Shower is fine, I managed to get that one down ok, but a mills? somehow that one is giving me problems.. Though no one has ever actually shown me how to do it, I have just seen it done, so I think I will chase that one up and learn it! hehe

Weeee! juggly fun
juggle biggrin

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Eveish... for mills mess, you need to know how to do windmills both ways. Then put them togther.

If you need more help..

Dont look here cos its rubbish for teaching.

smile

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I learn't the 411 on the low down, but the five o'z were at the 187 so i had ta 308 :P the 69 ubblol And i did all that btb with inverted hyp waist wrap conical spyder suicide. wink

Honestly i did get b-fly 5bt into b-fly hyps and b-fly wraps (aka handcuffs) *And nearly btb*. And if i ever learn another poi move ill be sure to post it in here, if thats ok with u UCOF biggrin

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
Hehe Eveish, I too hit my self in the head a few times and I smacked myself in the chin absent mindedly once as well. lol Its funny looking back at it coz back then it didnt half hurt!

This thread has compelled me to go out and do some club spinning. I'm going to have to buy some new equipment though because the clubs im using ATM are shockingly poor. They are just a big lump of hollow plastic and not very attractive to look at frown

I can see me spending a lot of money this year... I also want to buy some poi, then led poi. An led staff would be nice. And the aforementioned clubs. Oh and some fire juggling balls.

lol

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
ooh but aren't fire juggling balls the yummiest!
I really want some of those biggrin
I would love to learn some new club passing patterns too, I think in the next few weeks that will be my focus.
no more head hitting for me biggrin biggrin biggrin just happy juggling.. mind you sounds like we need a thread for "juggling injuries and knocking ones self out while clubbling"
hehehe
hehe

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yesterday I learnt a 6b btb 1197531 in mm.

biggrin

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
Not really a new move, but a new experience.

I got my LED juggling balls from HOP the other day ( really quick super fast delivery - im in UK and they were here in less than a week!!!!)

They are pretty damn cool but the LEDs are so bright it makes doing some tricks damn hard coz you get blinded by them!!!! Anyways I love em and Ive gotten used to the size and brightness of em now. What moves look cool in the dark?

Ive got one i kinda invented myself( eg without looking it up) lol that doesnt mean it doesnt already exist tho. But you do a 3 ball cascade but instead of starting jugglers tennis where one ball goes back and forth over the top of the other 2, you take it under the other 2. ROFL actually thinking about it, its just an underarm throw lol the only difference being that you do it with the same ball continuously with both hands.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
*Eveish is still stuck on mills mess...*

umm juggle

*Throws all her balls in the air and runs screaming into the night!*

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Mr. Underlying Cathartic Optimistic Finder, 1197531 in mills is imposs...those numbers just don't add up...

And i'm afraid like Cole I'm going to boycott this thread, i'll be sticking to diabolos and club's etc. I don't learn any new tricks nowadays anyway. I learn new combinations of throws, and get things i've ben trying for ages.

On a lighter note will you be coming to Synergy on Saturday?

Ooops i'm guilty of bringing up gatherings in a juggly thread on a poi website.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly I dont think I will be cos I have no meny.
If my student loan comes through in 2 days....then im there!

and that wasnt 1 1 9 7 5 3 1 that was 11 9 7 5 3 1.

6 balls
Behind the back.
In Mills Mess.

biggrin

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

Ooops i'm guilty of bringing up gatherings in a juggly thread on a poi website.

ubblol ubblol ubblol

wish i'd thought of that biggrin

jon - show me a 3b mm btb and i'll give you a toffee for your troubles.
and i'll tell you for free that in ss, 10=a, 11=b and so on so what you wanted to type is b97531.
innit.

juggle hug juggle

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ok.

I lied.

But I did dream I was doing it perfectly...does that count?

frown

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
only if in you dream you had two-way elbows.

and tried it with 7 balls but couldn't quite catch the last one.

and when you woke up your arms hurt.

and that's why you haven't tried it yet.

(side note: how many balls do you have jon?)

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Ok guys, I posted that last post and in the time i've posted on the *Good* juggling thread you two have exchanged posts.

Cole, do you work?
Jon you're a student so I'll let you off.

Btw UCOF b97531 is easy. I've got that in mills mess.

Oh, i just posted on te one i was going to boycott.
Oh well...

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Anthrax - what are the glow juggling balls like - are they heavy, and are they reliable (like do they stay on or switch off randomly?) I'm thinking of replacing my globalls for something lighter. I used Ben Beever's glowy balls (i think they're Beard) at Bristol and they were much lighter than globalls, and MUCH easier on the hands.

Any comments from juggling geeks much appreciated!

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

Cole, do you work?

not if i can help it...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
At the moment.. 6

Soon.. 12.

Im going to be buying lots of green oversized flouzies. They they will look like big balls of snot.

smile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
new balls! biggrin

i need some for christmas i think...

maybe some numbers beanbags.
or maybe some black fluozies like the ones i have now.

i warn ya, custom fluozies ain't cheap...

(can send you the emails from my order so you can see the spec i asked for if you want?)

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oooh.. yes ta.

smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i started to get mills mess 3b last night, just got to work on my hands now!

hey i knwo its not cool, but it is for me!? biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
Hexagonic, they are really nice. They arent what I would call heavy because they don't really weigh much without batteries in them... hang on ill go weigh em.... back, they weigh 135g. Thats with batteries.

They take 2 AA batteries and are super bright (im not kidding you, these things must be dangerous to your retina lol). Thinking about it they look like oranges, about the same size too. The LEDs are at no risk from breaking if they hit the floor because there are depressions on the ball which the LED is sunk into.

The only problem I have had with them flashing on and off is when the batteries were starting to lose their power, other than that they are fine.

Anything else you want to know?

Cya

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ewwwwww, no no no. yuk. have you never seen them will? ill show you some at synergy.... and then ill give them to you.

on a learning front, i am nearly there with the continious hyp busisness that oli has so beutifully mastered.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
ok. i can't understand anything you guys are saying with this 11 9 7 5 stuff. i know what a mill's mess is, and that's about the only lingo i've understood so far ;]

but incidentally, i just got my 3b tennis down *yay*

god i need some better moves

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
My friend,

simply read this thread from the very start.

Yes.

all of it.

I would usually give a page link but as everyone views the board with differnent âmmounts of posts per page, I cant.

But just read it anyway.

It really good reading!

smile

*subtitle*

[Old link]

*Subtitle*
EDITED_BY: Unsaturated Carpets Of Freedom (1097783061)

Page: ...