Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i learnt some more basics to build more trick variations today, i leant back passes, to front, and some re bound work

Step (el-nombrie)

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
633 is propper nasty, but seems to have quite a large payoff in the "thinking of new things to try" type jugglingness have a go at this for a while, its 633 with some extra fours, next step would be to have a go at this, which is kinda fun, you can see the patterns just starting to come to life.

6334 will help loads

if want some help with this pattern have a go at 642 , doesn't look like much but really good for getting your head round sixs (mental as they are), especially as you can have a go at this , which is great because it means that you might just be able to build it up into this which looks quite intensive

ooh ooh, why not try 612 , its funny coz you have to throw a 4 to get into it, then hold a 2 before you can return into a cascade like this

shame i can't get the silly thing to do mills mess patterns,

cole, had a wack at this and this earlier, they are very silly, that and managed a few throws of a 71 mills mess...

mental

:-)
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1125710108)

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
ooh ooh, just started doing this , async siteswaps are lush:-)

wouldn't mind getting it to go like this though

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
pat - try 534633 tis quite nice.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
2bags showed me some fun things to do with (6x, 4) so I've been playing with that, can't do much with it yet though.

My 5 ball cascade is almost actually good now.

I bought some floosies. Yum.

"Take that, math!"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
How big and what colours?

bounce
Fluozies are the shits. Everyone should have the shits. tongue
anyone who disagrees will be shot.

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Written by: University Can Offer Future

How big and what colours?

bounce
Fluozies are the shits. Everyone should have the shits. tongue

I think they're 66mm. They're "about right", anyways. smile I can squeeze 4 of them into one hand so they should keep me happy until I want to learn to juggle 9, which may be a while away yet biggrin

I wasn't too bothered about the colours because they're all awesome. There were only 5 left in the shop and they look great together - 2 orange, 2 pink, 1 red. The only annoyance is that I wanted 7 so I could start faffing about with silly numbers, but I'll just have to pick up 2 more later on.

I wuv them I do biggrin

"Take that, math!"

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
woo! i just learnt 66661 (5b trick), which if you don't know, is the 5b equivalent of 441, and its well fun to do. just trying to get it on both sides continuously. they just keep hitting each other!!!! angry

Puresock, here are some thingys that sorted my 5b cascade out a treat! hope they help: 5b low/high
5b down to 3b, back to 5b
get someone to steal from your 5b pattern and put them back in (the chances are they will be slightly out of time so you have to work hard to correct it, good excercise)

Jake the Juggler

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
66661 - badass jake smile

you can probably already do it cos you is better than me but, if you don't already, you should try 645 - a lot less trouble with the no room for the 6's problem.

cheers for the tips on tidying up 5b cascade - i've been forcing myself to learn inverse and half shower recently (not got too far!) but will definitely try getting someone to steal from me pattern soon smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by: University Can Offer Future

Everyone should have the shits. tongue

whay, what are gonna do? feed us all foreign food or something? umm

and just for the sake of posting something useful i learnt how to do a self double while passing the other day and have forgotten how to do a self triple already... i'm also gradually improoving at lots of other things i've been working on but not well enough to post an i'll have forgotten to mention it by the time they are anyway.... biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
oooh 66661 sounds yummy, i want it.

will 534633 sounds like a nice one, shall give it a go.

5 ball cascade wouldn't stop working yesterday, must have got a good 45 seconds of juggling in, i want it to last forever though frown

learn't loads of stuff with poi as well...

but i'm to scared to go into the poi forums

and i don't really know what any of it is anyway

so i guess you'll all just have to wait and see what it is :-)
meditate

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: Megafish

5 ball cascade wouldn't stop working yesterday, must have got a good 45 seconds of juggling in, i want it to last forever though frown

My longest five ball run is nearly 8 minutes...trust me, your neck bloody hurts!! ubblol

66661 rocks! Have just sorted it in bouncing with the 6's bouncing twice each smile smile

Written by: JtJ

woo! i just learnt 66661 (5b trick), which if you don't know, is the 5b equivalent of 441

66661 is actually the 5b version of 55550 in 4b, but yes, i know what you mean, it feels just like 441 (which is a 3b version of 330 with 2b)

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
yeah, but isn't 441 just 5511 with a 1 lopped off the end and the 5s, which itself is just 5551 with 4 missing from it, 66661 with bounce balls is gonna look quite silly right?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
yep but 6b double bounce cascade is just bounce2

31, 441, 5551, 66661, 777771 etc.

and

330, 441, 552,663, 774, 885 etc.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
ubbideaooh, i hadn't thought about the patterns working like that,

in the top one you've added and extra digit each time, but you've kept a 1 on the final beat and the value of the preceding numbers has gone up to reflect the mean average of the pattern.

on the bottom you've kept the number of digits the same and added extra balls by increasing every digit by one, hence increasing the mean average of the pattern by one. In fact really when i said increasing the mean average i meant adding an extra ball didn't i?

Just tried thinking about how 5511 is related to 441... oh dear, that all seems rather complicated, a gigantic matrix with lots of numbers and grid lines has begun plotting itself inside my skull, nutz...

anyway,

7333 is well underway,

7531 is looking a bit nicer, and it makes sense:-)

meditate
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1126014131)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: Megafish

in the top one you've added and extra digit each time, but you've kept a 1 on the final beat and the value of the preceding numbers has gone up to reflect the mean average of the pattern.
on the bottom you've kept the number of digits the same and added extra balls by increasing every digit by one, hence increasing the mean average of the pattern by one. In fact really when i said increasing the mean average i meant adding an extra ball didn't i?

confused If you say so Pat ubblol

Take any siteswap and add 1 onto every number and Hey Presto, you have the siteswap the patern but with another object.

So a mad2 5b siteswap like 74635 has versions with fewer balls...63524 (4b) 52413 (3b) 41302 (2b) and a rather stupid looking 96857 (7b) eek

I've been teaching Bex ubblove some 3b passing and stealing this afternoon smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
all these numbers confused

i learned a reverse cascade bounce and other things that go with that, tennis i think and one over and over and over.

and one up two up and such. i've only just realsied how hard it it to throw a ball straight up in the air though, to being much harder.

and i'd like to learn four, but no idea where to start. well having four balls would help, which i do.

Love is the law.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Have a look. Go to the juggling 4 balls bit wink

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
... but don't be fooled by the speed. I assure you it's a lot slower, and the movements are more robotic in real life...

confused2

Willy - is bad for your health...

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
um . . . ok, ive just remembered why i never bothered getting into siteswap! i havent done maths since school, and i dont intend on going back to it. im gonna go practice my 2diabolo high pirrouettes . . . check ya later.

ps - im in paraguay!!!!!

Jake the Juggler

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

and one up two up and such. i've only just realsied how hard it it to throw a ball straight up in the air though, to being much harder.

Tell me about it - my 1-up 2-up sucks arse. About the only 2 in one hand that I can do smoothly is rolling inwards for some reason confused

"Moo," said the happy cow.

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
try doing it with clubs,

it wont help...

its just nice to know that its gonna get much harder before it gets easier:-)

1,019 posts

Posted:
Once you have Rubensteins Revenge with 3 ball, everything else iseems so much slower. wink

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
smile

so true.

it's even more true when you know more numbers...

i spent half an hour practising 8b and then went back to 5 and it felt like a slow three ball cascade - 5-600 catches no sweat, which is not my usual by a long way.

rubenstiens is a *really* good one for it tho smile

i still suck at 3b back crosses frown

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluecat

i still suck at 3b back crosses frown

ubblol Join the club!

15 throws of 7b today, 10 rotations of 6x4 5b (my record thus far), 534 4b mills (u ball) and both normal and inverse lukes lobotomy solid! biggrin. Oh and 6 full rotations of adam's mess, and lots of other bits and bobs working well at the moment. Also got a couple of new silly multiplex things.

Been a good juggling week, now here comes bristol!!!!!!!!! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

Is that magnets!?

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
gggrrrr... i want to go to bristol...

stupid university...

grr..

had a go at the old backcross piroette thinga migigger earlier, seems quite hard...

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
bounce I got my first ever 10 catches of 97531 starting with my right hand (meaning that the left hand is throwing the second 9) or in other words one step closer to being able to run 97531.

Yep, i'm also [censored] at backcrosses

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

bounce I got my first ever 10 catches of 97531 starting with my right hand (meaning that the left hand is throwing the second 9) or in other words one step closer to being able to run 97531.

Yep, i'm also censored at backcrosses

I can only just manage one round of 7531, and you're talking abotu running 97531! Madness! Although, run db97531, and you'd be the biggest legend known to juggling-kind.

Anyway - has anyone else noticed that watching anyone else juggle, even a newbie who only can do tennis, it looks sooo good? You almost think "does my juggling look so sweet?"

Today - I managed 7 catches of 4 club singles. Cannot do doubles.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
tried 75314 the other day starting with left hand and got 10 throws out biggrin

will be ages before i can run it though - 74414 is only marginally better at the moment.

left hand 7's are still uber-sketchy frown

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: Lemonkey

run db97531, and you'd be the biggest legend known to juggling-kind.

I can't really see the point in doing d (and/or) b 97531 with 7 or 6 because when i've seen other people do it you can't really recognise that all the balls are peaking at the same time.

97531 in bouncing out of and back in to the force bounce. Now that would be hug2 ubblove smile kiss

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Page: ......