Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the comment JtJ!
I really need to get my mum to sew that ball before Christmas, because I want to show some of my family that I hardly ever see my fall ball runs. Now where's her sewing kit...

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Give a man a set of fire clubs (see above)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Press start on the stopwatch. Watch it run to around 4 and a half seconds and then start juggling when you reckon it'll hit 5 seconds. Juggle 5 for as long as you can. when you drop, look and see what time is and take away 5 seconds. Easy! smile

Written by: MTGjumper

I just managed to do 113 catches of 5b. Not too shabby Hexagonic. I will manage to beat you! I've still got about two and a half months

ok - the number of catches to beat is oooooh 400 exactly! Ok let's make it interesting and say 401 wink ubbrollsmile

Since getting my balls confiscated by customs mad I have really been missing them frown i got some new ones which are censored to be fair, to light and they don't have the same feeling of Mister Babache frown

My 3 clubs are coming along though, have started getting one up two ups on singles.

On an entirely different matter, has anyone seen or heard of [Nx?] recently?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
You should be worried Hexagonic: I seem to be increasing at the rate of about 20 catches a week. Now, 2.5 months = 11 weeks approx. 20 x 11 = 220. That comes to roughly 335 catches, which I doubt I would reach anyway. I'll give you a run for your money, though, Hexagonic!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
ubblol look forward to it.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I put £5 on MTGJumper beating Hexagonic's record.

wink

Willy - is bad for your health...

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Who do this money go to?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
If you win, you.
If you lose, me.
Now give me your address so i can come round and break your arm wink

Yes UCOF i'm stopping ball juggling to wait for you to catch up. Better hurry though i'm wanting to get some babache for xmas. No I think i might stop ball juggling for a while, concentrate on clubs for a bit. My 3 club backcrosses are coming along no end. Just waiting for Bex's 3 clubs to arrive from England and I'll be able to practice 4 and 5 clubs.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
I love it! biggrin The HoP Gambling Thread! Gotta be done!

I don't have any money frown so can I do the organising and collecting???

Hexagonic - 2:1
MTG - 6:1

Hexagonic - Clubs are much more satisfying to juggle when you get it right smile I've been doing a lot more club juggling over the last year than balls. I find that there are more tricks you can do with clubs, and they are generally more impressive. Just imagine being solid with 5clubs eek how censored cool would that be!!!

*struts around in daydream juggling 5clubs, ooh yeah ooh yeah, look at me*

Jake the Juggler

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
If I ever see Lemonkey or Hexagonic at a convention (which sounds highly unlikely) I will remember those odds. Give it three months and I'll be raking in the money!!! Mwahaha!!!

Oh yeh... My mum has yet to fix my juggling ball, so I haven't been able to get in any practice since yesterday- I thought I'd give you a chance!

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
If we say I've got to get 400 by February, I know there's a convention in Notts, so be there to give me my fiver!!! Which I won't win anyway...

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
btw Lemonkey-

Regarding the comments about 'Your not juggling, the balls aren't crossing', whenever a non-juggler says that to me, I say 'If it's not juggling, why don't you have a try.' That shts them up!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i reckon the best thing to do after that comment (if you can) is juggle 4b mills mess - the balls don't cross in that pattern either but i challenge any non-juggler to recognise that!

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Unlikely to be at the Notts convention - if you can make it to the New Zealand convention (in March) i'll see you there? biggrin

I'll take your word for it, no messing! 400 by ubbloco (when in) confused February?

I spray painted my white clubs last night so i now have 3 orange and white clubs bounce2

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
@ Hexagonic-

I'd put a video on, but alas, I haven't the foggiest of how to! If you can give me some help, I may be able to put up a video. And lets set the date as *randomly picks number* 23rd Feb. In other news, my mum STILL hasn't fixed my juggling ball!

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
why dont you try fixing? smile you'd learn to sew at the same time! a very useful skill

Jake the Juggler

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
I (try to) sew in tech at school (and fail miserably) so I think I'd better leave it to the professionals. I don't want to be wrecking my juggling ball: its precious to me!!

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Completely contradicting what I said earlier, I didn't leave the sewing to the professionals, and did it myself- and guess what, it wasn't too bad! I couldn't finish the ends of very well, but its better than nothing!

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
Nice work.

Jake the Juggler

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Yay bounce2 bounce bounce2 Clubs arrived from the UK, so been having lotsa fun juggling 4 and 5 clubs.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo.

Immm BACK!!!

been getting on the four club thing.

in doubles and singles, it statys in the air for a while.

is wonderfull.

yo Tall one, heavy flame man, big hugs tho.

canned-nuts, shuttupp, comma?

poospatula.

T wave

p.s. jumping around on a uni is cool, went backwards once!

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
hug from NZ kiss

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I love Christmas! Shiny new pirouettes under the tree ubblove they're so lovely compared to my old ones biggrin

And as for learning stuff.... nope, been opening pressies and stuffing my face with chocolate and christmas dinner biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
I got some clubs for Christmas, so have been juggling them non-stop (except to eat Christmas dinner, sleep etc.) Not as difficult as I thought they would be, and can now consistently do over 100 catches. Practicing my half showers, reverse cascade, under the leg, over the top, under the hand, mills mess etc. with clubs, and coming on nicely. I'm just waiting for it to dry up a bit outside so I can juggle on the grass and be more adventurous.

1,019 posts

Posted:
Even though I have my lovely new clubs I haven't juggled for a few days now. frown

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I restarted juggling balls yesterday. It's amazing how quickly I have lost the ability to juggle 5 for over a minute and also to throw 9's. It was probably about (wow) almost 4 weeks since my last good juggle with balls.

Having said that I can now do 3c tapbacks solidly.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
I'm still practicing backcrosses and have just managed two catches!!! woohoo!!! I know that's not particularly good, and doesn't really constitute learning a new trick, so is there any chance I could have some tips?

On an unrelated topic, what do you think of DX Chroma Plus Balls? I want some better balls than my beanbags (mine are always out of shape) so are these a good alternative? Will they help with my learning of 5b?
EDITED_BY: MTGjumper (1135938045)

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Five ball update: managed 177 catches of 5b last night, at 21.40, in front of a crowd of abut 5 people. You should be getting scared Hexagonic; I will beat you.

On an unrelated note, I got Charlie Dancey's Compendium of Club Juggling on the 28th. T'is very good.

1,019 posts

Posted:
I might buy some DX balls, they felt nice when I juggled them at Leeds, better than saggy beanbags I have now. Next time you go to a juggling convention, MTG, just go to the stall set up by the vendor and have a go with the DX balls.

Anyroad, haven't learnt anything new lately, was just playing around with a transition from left hand (throwing over the top) half-shower to right hand half-shower. It's quite easy.

The next trick I want to learn is (6x,2x)(2x,6x), it looks nice.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
dx make you concentrate, because they dont recover very well, but they are robust and dont get eatenm by mice (sorry will, mice it seems love floozies, i was gutted.)

I havent been able to juggle five for ages, cos of my wrist. I thought it was better but after 20 mins practice at christmass it started hurting again mad

strangly tho, its no problem to juggle clubs for hours, so im onto that now...

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
MTG i'm a quaking in my boots wink

I had a really long run of 5 clubs today, but of course I can't post how many catches, since I don't count them.

DXs good for throwing siteswaps but not so much for multiplexes, also good for improving your throwing accuracy.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Page: ......