Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ads, that 642 4bmm looks rad!

might have to start juggling balls again....

Nahhhh!

tongue

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Except for mills, burkes, romeos and impossible rubensteins, what other cool club tricks are there to learn that dont involve throwing doubles? my ceiling is too low and it's cold outside smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Chops, wallplane cascade/reverse cascade, flats, 423 (4 as single, 2 as flourish), 441 singles. 4 club singles...5 club singles... tongue

Willy - is bad for your health...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
bostons

tapbacks

backcrosses

-><- Kallisti

1,019 posts

Posted:
5b cascade --> gatto multiplex --> 5b cascade. Not hard, I know, but never tried it before.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Nice one Tom wave

A dog bit my hand the other day frown so now have the day off work smile and can only juggle left handed ooooops

Have learnt with 2 clubs - flats in left hand (running them), some nice multiplexes previously only known to the right hand, columns in singles, running double/single spins, and getting a single/flats combo.

juggle Good luck MTG...17 days to go now? juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Hey Hexagonic - Gotta watch those bitches biggrin

I did the impossible! I caught 3up pirouette on doubles.
It was great. Havn't done it since, but am sure I might this evening smile

Spiffing ubbrollsmile

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
johnny grrr. I cant seem to do pirroettes, I have a low dizzyness threshold. but well done :claps:

-><- Kallisti

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Have been working on my left hand lots recently, 3 balls is getting pretty soild now 8040 is making good progress. my favourite trick at the min is three ball two stage split into 3 in one hand (think in name almost better then the trick wink )

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: hexagonic

A dog bit my hand the other day frown

Ow. I've hated dogs ever since one randomly bit my leg two years ago. Hope your hand recovers hastily!

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Hey!
Have you missed me? I've been on holiday.... for 4 days. Lots of stuff been said tho whilst I've been gone. So, what have I learnt...? I can do 3 in one hand for bout 20 catches consistent now. And I've done 3 tennis racket mm. I also learnt that people doing juggling workshops at Center parcs don't have a clue what Siteswap is. Practiced a bit of two clubs in one hand on doubles (and singles for that matter) at the workshop because the roofs high enough. Also got to practice 5 rings a couple of times, managed over 10 catches a few times. I managed to get into the juggling workshop for free, if anyone cares. They roped me in basically so i could teach all the kiddy-winks (and the older-than-me-winks) how to juggle.

I've got something like 20ish days to go Hexagonic... no progress as of yet. haven't had a 5b session (ie 30 mins+) for about a fortnight. But I will beat you! And Bluecat will confirm it at the convention!

And that ends my essay...

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Give a man a set of fire clubs (see above)

1,019 posts

Posted:
Damn dear to qualifying 7 balls. Not something I practice often, just had a go today and managed at least two 12/13 catch runs.

5 clubs isn't going anywhere either, except I've managed to slow the pattern down to a comfortable pace (for 8 catches), until I begin throwing lower, and all goes to pot.

Erm... no success on 534 with clubs, or backcrosses.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
doo doo do do smile

i juggled five balls for the first time in *ages* yesterday.

found out that i can transition from cascade to half shower and back again! biggrin

and from cascade to inverse cascade (followed fairly quickly by a drop natch) bounce2

my left hand was behaving too and i managed four 3b backcrosses - will be lots more as soon as my left hand properly understands what its supposed to be doing...

the best thing of all is - i did all of that in my front room biggrin ubblove biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
lol

someone is ceiling proud!

t wave

-><- Kallisti

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
does it show? redface

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
frown still no juggling.

*sigh....*

this is me:

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: bluecat (1141147398)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
its hard to feel sorry for you when you've just spent the last 4 months (or should that be 26 years? wink) doing little else.

get well soon kitty hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
awww hug's to gatto bleu!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

1,019 posts

Posted:
Video.

https://66.49.236.16/addicted.mov

Enjoy. You will. smile

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: MTGjumper

I've got something like 20ish days to go Hexagonic... no progress as of yet. haven't had a 5b session (ie 30 mins+) for about a fortnight. But I will beat you! And Bluecat will confirm it at the convention!

I doubt you will MTG! 20 days to get an extra 200 catches, doable but unlikely unless you train little else in that time hug

I too have not juggled balls in aaagggeeeesss!!! THink the last good session was about two weeks ago frown

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
lol

I actually juggle balls jesterday eek

I make 534 reverse and learn 531 mills, finally! (u ball 5)

and some more contact stuff, but you dont wanna hear that!

T wave

-><- Kallisti

1,019 posts

Posted:
534 reverse sounds fun. Must try that tonight...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
its purdy biggrin

Im on a mission to learn the high throws with my left, i can juggle again but my right wrist still isnt right and gets sore after a little while of thowing 7's...

I even did some piroettes, but i hadda stop, cant spin too much tongue

T wave

-><- Kallisti

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Coleman, i've got to agree, romeo's revenge with clubs feels very nice to juggle. When you do the orbit under the 5, the clubs swing in an arc away from you, but then just fit back in the pattern. It flows just so well! I can manage about 5 rotations before I hit the roof with a 5 throw; I'd be better outside, but its too cold.

Also tried boston mess and burkes barrage with clubs; both are harder than mills mess with clubs, but I'm coping. Also, practiced a bit of two in one hand on singles; its sooooooooo much easier (for me) when you get into the throwing heights and spin. I can do 2in1hand with clubs for a while now, and I'm practicing 4440 with clubs. Clubs are goooooood.

@ Bluecat- Where's the Notts convention?! I need to find out! I know nothing! Please help! I need times, place, everything! Pleeeeassssse! I'm desperate!

In other news, I'm in a foul mood since I got home from school, and refuse to pick up a juggling prop....

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Give a man a set of fire clubs (see above)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
its at the university.

i, however, am not going ubbcrying

still unable to juggle, or indeed stand comfortably. so driving for seven hours, sleeping on a floor, watching people juggle all day, then sleeping on a floor again before driving back don't fill me with large amounts of joy.

i prefer mikes to romeos.
but now(when i get back) i'm going to try mikes with inversions biggrin

also have to practise my two messes(well, noone else does them, so eventually i'll name them cheesily and post videos) with clubs, cause they're ubersweet. then second one(where the u-object is thrown as an under the shoulder) is sooooo nice with clubs, unfortunatel its also uberhard.

Smiles
R

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hug for mtgjumper - hope your foul mood has dispersed dude.

and hug2doofdoofhug2 for mr cat - that sucks that you can't make notts.
get lots of massages and makes sure you purr lots when you're getting them - it aids recovery so i hear... wink

i can't do mikes yet but *really* want to be able to - you seen that japanese video of the uber-juggly-swingyness rob?

anyway, to the point - i found a nice little checklist to get me back into juggling and to fill in some long overdue gaps in my skills and thought some of you's might want to check it out too smile

click 'club' then 'degree'

its pretty subjective but its sometimes nice to know what other people consider to be skills of a comparable level - as i already knew, i need to work on body throws more - this just reminds me to do it smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
lol. i'll mail you my excel sheet....

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
thank-you ubbrollsmile

i tried to do one of those using pyramid training but i got bored typing it out when i wasn't juggling much anyway.

of course, now i have those ceilings... ubblove

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Oooh oooh can you mail me ya excel sheet too puurrrrrrrrlllllllleeeeeeeeeeesssssssee Mr Feline? Also, I heard speak you mention of new practice methods. Are you thinking of posting anywhere, or have you not got in written form? If poss I would like to hear about these, cos I'm practiing twice a day at the moment, so how to practice 'better' would be spiffing. I'll try them out and let you know which works best so you know what to do when your fixed....

That Jugglology Masters is good Coleman, but having 20 consecutive backcrosses in the same bit as having 6 consecutive chops seems a little wonky to me wink

However the general idea and lay out and the like seemed jolly fine smile

Today caught many 3up 180's but no 3up 360's but ah well tomorrow I say.

Nx? I also did some balls with Matt from London cos he's here in India with me so we did many five ball endurance and I tried some half showers

Wonderful
bounce2

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

1,019 posts

Posted:
Just attempted 534 reverse cascade throws, the small run I did felt great. Shall give it a proper go later when I find myself a higher ceiling... (damn you cole tongue)

Page: ......