Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
It's kinda like.... say.... Doing a 3 beat (lr at least it looks like one to me) with three clubs, and alternately throwing one into the air to continue the beat with the other two...

at about 2 minutes this fellow does it.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Mynci: That sounds like fun to work out....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Just looks like mikes mess with clubs, quite hard to keep clubs straight but easy with balls

Aston I suggested learning 3 ball cascade with poi first you can also do 3 ball showers and 4 ball fountain but that is really hard.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
The timing with the cascade seems odd....

I was watching a friend try something similar the other day.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Mikes mess eh? Off to learn that, never even heard of it until now.... Some juggler I am eh? =)

MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
It's just underarm 522 with arm waggles (rubenstein's revenge minus the 33).

Juggle 'til I drop!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Aston - The Cascade timing for the poi is a reverse split time butterfly. it will also depend upon the poi you use as the weight and length will effect the speed of rotation and hand movement. you want medium length a quite low weight, if too heavy the spin will move your hands too much, as the speed of the hand rotation will effect the height of the throw and thus the timing of the catch, that's why the weave is so hard and the shower REALLY tricky as you are doing 2 different height throws using the same hand movements.

You can practice the weave with mikes mess using 2 balls throwing under the arm and catching with the same hand as a way to give the effect without the precision (like a 2 beat weave looks right in a photo but is not a proper 3 beat) although the timing of the catch is always a little wrong it is easier.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Cool. Will play with it. Sounds like fun.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Thanks Mike for that insight.

I would like, if you would, for you to come up with some 3 object written tutorials using words like 'waggles' and possibly 'whooshes'. =P =)

grin

Off to practice.

ChinChinniOh, there goes art.
23 posts

Posted:
Wow, juggling with clubs. I just can't throw them and catch them more than five times or something. Maybe it's the concentration, maybe I just don't practice enough tongue2

Thought, I must say, I like juggling with clubs, but I think club swinging is really elegant!
Must try that sometime.

Have you seen my marbles?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I've been getting together a 4 ball routine for the Spitz party. That's a low ceiling wink

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Been getting slowly better. Playing with some multiplex stuff which is lots of fun.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
may have to come to spitz for that then I need to learn some new 4 ball stuff wink

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
if you do please come and say hello. I will too if I suspect I recognise you. that will be low ceiling four ball stuff!!

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
only problem I foresee is it the 18th Dec? if so I may already be double booked. I really need to get up to the Rag factory for a visit.

MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
Got a whole load of new equipment this weekend; balls, clubs and rings! smile

Recently been learning club flourishes aaand... all the basic ring stuff like pulldowns, pancake throws, 90 degree throws, pancakes to the head, finger spins (423 with a spin on the 2 is nice), grinds (although my Absolutes don't seem to grind as nicely as the mr. babache rings I have used previously), spinning two rings on one finger, all that good stuff.

Gonna work on numbers and other stuff on Thursday when I have a high ceiling for a couple of hours.

Juggle 'til I drop!

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Pancake throws to the head are sooooo painful to learn frown

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Wish I could get new stuff. frown

MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: willworkforfoodjnrPancake throws to the head are sooooo painful to learn frown

Tell me about it!

It took a good few nose bashes for me to learn to drop my head for the catch. I always just thought people were being stylish when they did it in videos. laugh3

p.s. I have discovered (4x,2)* with finger spins is more fun than 423. Also, I suppose (4x,2)* is the ss for continuous flourishes of any kind.

Juggle 'til I drop!

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
It is indeed. Try (6x,2)(2,2) with finger spins on all the 2s, or, better I think - a single fingerspin for both of the 2beats in a row and a faster one for the single. That make sense? Looks awesome from the side smile

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
So, I got back about a week or two ago from a juggling fest in Quebec City and I saw a juggler there doing 5 ring flats....

I was astounded.

He was Russian, I think his name was Alaxandr Kulakov.

Yeah, (4x,2)(2,4x) is basically any flourish, but 423 is extremely useful for doing random things with props...

Also, I "discovered" (hah) 52512. That gives you two 2s in a row in which to do.... anything. That and 1s are always fun.

MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
Flat as in pancake flat??!!!??

I did play with 52512 when I first tarted doing penguin 2's but I found it quite tricky. I might give it a go with rings. Aaaactuallly, since the 212 orbit contains one object you could just put one club or one ring in it.

I have some other two ball and one ring tricks on the go so I might have a go at a little mini routine or something. smile

Juggle 'til I drop!

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Yes, as in pancake flat. He also did reverse cascade with 5 doing inwards (flipping either right or left, not towards you) pancakes ummm.. I think he had a 6 ring half shower going with inwards (I don't really know whatelse to call it, same as above) pancakes over the top and other nifty stuff on bottom.

But yea, the flats were nutty.

Here is a post of his routine from Yomay's channel off youtube. I would say he's gotten better since this was filmed.

MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
WHaaaaa, that was intense!

Juggle 'til I drop!

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Well, I can officially shower with clubs (3). Flat front because it's prettier.

Let's see... working on making Mike's Mess work with clubs.

And um... yeah... Oh, I can almost flash 3 club backcrosses. My left hand does fine when not throwing a backcross right after my right hand. That is.. I can run a kind of backcross tennis pattern fine.

MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
I forgot all about mike's mess with clubs. I'm gonna practice that the next chance I get.

Do you use half spins or one and a half spins for your shower? I think half spins are easier and look nicer.

Juggle 'til I drop!

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
One and a half spins. I actually didn't try with half spins *shrug*.

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
I find half spins waaaaaaay harder. Probably would be good practice for cleaning up my 3 staff shower though... Hmm.

Have you got it both ways? I'm really poor at practising shower tricks backwards.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I've been working on it counterclockwise (my normal shower) and clockwise (the other one... ^_^ ).

If I get a chance during practice time tomorrow, I'll try half spins.

After taking a few months off from juggling I can almost get 50 catches of 5 ball... That's something that just needs tons of work to keep good at eh?

MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
I was randomly doing a wrong ended three club shower yesterday. I think it might look really cool but I'm not sure. I've also been working flats and wrong end flats and half spins between them.

I really want to get that trick where you constantly throw clubs against your shoulders. I think it looks really neat.

Also, here's a random video I made (sadly no clubs, just balls). I'll probably be making an effort to get more interesting stuff on film so subscribe and all that jazz if you wanna. tongue2

Juggle 'til I drop!

Page: ......