Page:
The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
Ok so, I'm an insomniac have been for as long as i can remember, and last night i got the first solid noghts sleep I have had in years! As some of you know my wife was given vicodin after her surgery..........well let me say this, thank you man/woman that came up with that wonderful lilttle pill.......I slept like a baby.........man i missed sleep.......ok im done rambeling now.............any other insomniacs on HOP?

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm the opposite. I sleep all the time.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fryed Fish

.....any other insomniacs on HOP?

*raises hand in the air*

Yup.
And when I do eventually fall asleep, it's often a really unrestful sleep with lots of weird dreams or nightmares.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Me.

Slept for one hour last night. Was kept awake by fear and sadness.

Once I didn't sleep for about a week. Started tripping. That was quite odd.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
I'm both things.
I can't get to sleep, I lie awake for hours listening to my bloke mumbling about all sorts of weird stuff.
But then, once I've gone to sleep I can't wake up and can sleep through anything, A dozen alarms going off next to me has no effect. I have missed half my life by sleeping through it, and the other half was spent staring at the bedroom ceiling wide awake.
Weird old world!

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
Sleep is overrated

Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

1,489 posts

Posted:
well at least now i know im not the only deranged insomniac that plays with fire...........oh and mags thats called sleep depravation hallucination, kicks in after about 3-4 days, gets REALLY wierd at day 5..........full adio and visual

558 posts

Posted:
I have weird dreams.
I dream that my bloke turns into a demon and attacks me. It hurts real bad. I didn't think you were supposed to feel pain in dreams but I do.
Also sometimes i wake up to go to the bog, so I get up and go to the bathroom. When I get there everything is weird and I realise that I'm still asleep (and still need the bog!). So I wake up and go to the bathroom and everything is weird because I'm still asleep....
This can go on all night while my astral body wanders about the upstairs landing.
It's not normal.
Does anone else have this kind of thing?
Should I worry?

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i can never sleep, i got the weirdest sleep patterns ever, what i find works is find a good dvd or vid u have and put it on and just turn away or something, i find something u know really well n enjoy cos if u know it really well u dont concentrate so much on the story line n go to bed, a nice comedy works for me normally blackadder, red dwarf or father ted, or u can just take some pills,
i remember i got a valium off a traveller when i was in thailand for the over night train trip, knocked me straight out for 10 continuous hours, was amazing!!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
i have the wierdest sleep patterns ever! i go for like weeks of being really sleepy and then suddenly cant sleep at all. its odd. its like i use all my sleep up and then im not allowed anymore. grrrr

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
Red Dwarf!!!!! yeah!!!!! i love that show, but theres only one episode i remember cause it was always on at 4 in the morning (perfect for you insomniacs) , my sleep patterns include sleeping through math(or maths for you brits) every day, nothing makes me more tired than graphing systems of inequailties wink......dont learn [censored] though confused

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Maths. And we're right, cos it's short for MathematicS, not Mathematic. Plural see?

tongue

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
teehee. yeah blooming americans tongue and while we're at it its a pavement, not a sidewalk. teehee

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Now Now lets not pick on the stupid ones in the group. Its not their Fault they were born american *runs to hide behind something big and bulletproof*

558 posts

Posted:
Don't say that, Skully.
They'll invade Wales and round up the sheep into prison camps. Then what'll we do? eek

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Entertain ourselves with....... ok fair point. I retract my last statment.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Lillie Lillie Lillie! you poor gal! I don't think YOU should worry about your perpetual " ooh i need the bog" dreams but bugger my heart goes out to ya! and yer astral body!....i bet it's KNACKERED by the time ya wake up.....big hug for you lass x

It's smashing to be back x

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Well as the threed title says "Sleep" thats where I'm off to now. Goodnight all. Nos Da!

558 posts

Posted:
Yes. I wake up knackerd. It's very sad.
And very strange.
Once I had the presence of mind to say to my self 'Ok, I'm still asleep. This is a dream, I can do what I want.' And I decided I wanted to fly.(Well, of course)
Then I shot through the ceiling so quick it woke me up for real!
And I've never managed to do it again. *boo hoo*

Thank you for your kind sympathy. My bloke just laughs at me.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
i didn't sleep at all last night. Mainly cos i was worried about going to the dentist today (teeny bit afraid of dentists)

But i managed to resist the urge to stay online browsing HoP all night.

So that's got to be a step in the right direction.

hasn't it?

Meh

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
ooh the spookiness of being able to shoot thru the ceiling while fast asleep! i wouldn't be able to sleep again just cos it would set my head buzzing! oh the irony! can't believe i actually successfully did sympathy for once.....normally dont do sympathy.....empathy i've got oooooooooooooodles of but normally far too impatient and in a "pull yerself together" kinda mood to ever do sympathy! musta caught me off guard cos i'm tired! hehe. oddest thing ever happened to me whilst sleeping (apart from about ten MILLION times sitting bolt upright, screaming the f word at the top of lungs then falling back to sleep again) was a dream i had when i was about 16 about a lass i fancied and i went to chat her up but her dog kept chasing me away. when i woke up my lil bruv told me i had kept saying the name eileen over n over again n it annoyed him so he kept howling like a dog to annoy me back! little [censored], i'd have copped off with her if it weren't for that bloody dog

well...at least got to ASK her out!

558 posts

Posted:
That's funny. bloody dogs, eh?

Last night my bloke dreamed that Charity Dingle, from Emmerdale, was trying to steal our car. He also dreamed that the dog was barking at her.
He couldn't understand why the dog wasn't waking me. He also couldn't understand why she wanted our car which is both ancient and knackered.
Dreams, stupid, or what?

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
lol...stupido indeedy.

and i agree about dog being a pain! cat dood meself, although my bruv breeds japanese akitas and and 2 weeks ago a litter of seven was born and OH MY GIDDY AUNT are the little blighters CUTE!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Why can't i sleep? I'm SOOOOO tired.

All i can do is lie in the dark and feel like [censored].

Dreams would be nice. Can't remember the last nice one I had though.

devil

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Funny this post came up today...

all this week i havent been able to sleep at all, then last night i went to bed really early - didnt go to sleep straight away - i never do - but this morning i just couldnt get up, i was kind of awake but all i could do was lie in bed listening to the radio, i cant remember the last time i spent THAT long in bed! I didnt realise how late it had got until i eventually got up at 2pm.....

feel sooo stupid now, completely wasted the day (at least its raining not sunny) and i'll be back to not being able to sleep tonight cos i spent too long in bed!

ah i dunno whats wrong with me... good to know i'm not the only one! shrug

one sheep, two sheep, three sheep, four sheep.... six hundred and fifty seven sheep....

hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

15 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Wyrd SisterBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
That time where reality and surreality are the same thing, tripping au natural.
As Henry Rollins once said "Sleep deprivation makes everything look neat!"

What we play is life. -- Louis Armstrong
Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff. -- Frank Zappa

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Wow, I feel like the weird one because I can and do sleep ._. Sleep is my friieeennndddd... Mm, sleep biggrin

I think I've learned to sleep through almost any condition. Day, night, inside, outside, hard tiles, big soft bed, alone, with people, in a hurricane, during a party, in a tent with just a blanket and a tree root digging into the small of my back, on a boat, on a dock, in a car, on a plane, in the bath, on the bus...

Granted some of them weren't the best sleeps (damn tree roots in the back!) but I slept...

redface

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

15 posts

Posted:
Must go to bed.... must sleep....

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
when i was in college a few odd years ago i used to have the constant dream that i would get on the school bus and when i was on there i'd realise i didnt have any trousers on hmmm

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

1,489 posts

Posted:
wow this is the first post i have put up that got enough responses to get to 2 pages..........hehehe...........i feel cool now.....:D.........

Page: