• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Help! > Choice of Cord Causes Confusion!?

Login/Join to Participate

FoeHammer
BRONZE Member since Sep 2004

FoeHammer

Total posts: 37
Posted:Although i tried to simply compare different metal wire/chain cords for fire poi as per the information given to me by the website, it seems a whole lot more logical to ask one of you who are experienced dancers of the flame, what preferences you have taken when ordering ( or constructing ) your cords neccessary for smooth fire poi control. i am looking for something that will mimick string in a sense that it remains lighter compared to the hopefully heavier weighted head. a heavy cord followed by heavier head weight can only result in uncomfortable poi swinging - it should still be relaxing!

all info relevant to this is most welcome

thank you
FoeHammer

Anger Is A Gift

Delete Topic

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Donde me chello?

erm..

I personally prefer thin ball chain, although people do worry about the strength of it.

I dont like brake cable at all

or "O" rings really..

then again.. i do lots of tangles..and if you use anything other than ball chain, the chains tend to...um.. tangle?

Delete

Flame Boy
GOLD Member since Jul 2004

Flame Boy

veteran

Total posts: 1508
Posted:Go with the ball chain my friend, get a stainless steel one too cos mine aren't and after being left outside just one night the links had started rusting...Although - After that I left them to soak in paraffin for a day an took the rust off (off course it didn't replace the rusted metal, it just stopped the rusting process)

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Delete

Flame Boy
GOLD Member since Jul 2004

Flame Boy

veteran

Total posts: 1508
Posted:biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Delete

FoeHammer
BRONZE Member since Sep 2004

FoeHammer

Total posts: 37
Posted:Thank you Flame

Anger Is A Gift

Delete