Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > FAQs - Please read before posting

Login/Join to Participate

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the Poi Moves discussion forum

This is the place to find new moves and get help with a move you're trying to get.

As this site has existed for many years many things have already been discussed so we advice you to search the forum before posting and consult the following list of FAQs. If you wish to discuss an issue it is better to read through an existing thread and then continue that existing thread instead of starting a new one.

What's a Hyperloop or Airwrap?

A 'new' family of moves and there's more information in this article. Simian has compiled a . [Old link] if you want to investigate further.

I need help with the butterfly/weave/hyperloop/etc....

Over the years a lot of people have asked for help, so the answers is in here somewhere. Do a search! It'll be quicker to get a lot of help by searching than starting a new thread and waiting for good replies.

I've learnt all the moves in the lessons. What now?

Now you start experimenting and exploring on your own, and through this section. Look through the subjects and you'll quickly find new ideas. For those who don't learn well through text then try downloading videos posted in the [Old link]

I know all these moves, and I've been spinning for one month. Is that good? Tell me I'm great...

Ask something like this and you'll get a lot of nice people telling you that you're great and it really doesn't matter as long as you're having fun. People learn at different speeds, people have learnt quicker and better than you, and other haven't.

Wow! I just learnt a new move! I have to tell somebody!

Which is why we created the [Old link]

What are sparkly poi? How do I make them?

The other most asked question!

Sparkly poi are poi with wire wool wicks so that while they are spun glowing splinters of wire wool fly off to give a spectacular effect.

As yet there is no article about Sparkly Poi on HoP, but plenty of posts in the forums so [Old link]

How can I make coloured flames?

This is one of the 2 most frequently asked questions and there is a Coloured Flames Article which should answer all your questions. If you wish to discuss coloured flames further then please use an existing thread such as [Old link].

EDITED_BY: Dom (1157756077)

HOP Newsletter