Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > the definitive contact thread....???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
well, im over halfway through going through every contact thread every made on HoP, and on the way to organising all the links in one convenient thread for everyone from newbies to gods.

why?
when i was living in newcastle [Oz] for 6 months - being the only member of the fire crew with regular computer access [bloody hippies!] and the only wierdo trying to learn contact staff i became pretty familiar with all the threads and vids.

but while im still editing and compiliing all the info - i figured id better check - is anyone else doing this at the moment?

theres so much info to go through!

well. i should have sorted through everything my the weekend so the update links list should be there then.

cheers,
ed.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
my goodness!! fantastic! hug

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
but this thread is not finished yet! ... In fact I may or may not be going to uni right now to finish some more of it... Well okay, I am. tongue

Thanks guys! grouphug

Remember kids, obsessive behaviour is for life! Not just for christmas!

Want a nice looking version? - PDF Version with colour and formatting and whatnot.
EDITED_BY: mcp (1096738934)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
thats really brilliant!

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I can't believe somebody didn't tell me that definitively isn't spelled that way!

Plus - Damn do I use the american spelling of centre a lot!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
good lord woman, I am most impressed. :wildlyapplaudingsmiley: :humbleacolytesmiley:

get in the lollies, I'll go practice (once I get tulip back of course smile )

you want me to proof read that lot to avoid further blushes? hug

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
:offtoscorelolliessmiley:

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
You missed one... tongue

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Oops. Sorry I said the wrong thing.

Ok, You Missed A LOT. smile

Oops. Dang I said the wrong thing.... again.

Umm Sorry.

Ok here is the alternative reply, what I meant to say is:

Here is your prize for all your hard work:

46 Videos of the very best demonstations of contact stick that glass has ever seen (...to date)

Never before posted on HOP

What do you want:

Worlds baton 2004 - Finals

Complete: mens, womens, pairs and teams

When do you want it:

All the time

On streaming video,

On Demand

with stockings and suspenders (you'll find it!!) wink

in your dreams

Many thanks

Well done, Y'all Keep up the good work with the moves list smile

All the ones I've watched so far do at least 1 massive contact sequence in the middle somewhere

And, There are enough moves in here that are not in this thread to keep you busy at least for the rest of the winter.

Enjoy, Ya'lll, and please post the descritions with link to the clip plus time code of the analysis of each move as you work them out. (maybe start an analysis of batons thread)

If anyone can get hi-res of these downloadable, Please please tell us.

And I hope you didn't have any work that you had to do today smile

Smiles

A bounce bounce2

(I'll post it in videos in a few days, but as its streaming, I dont want to bog their site down yet)
EDITED_BY: Glåss (1096885121)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
see, when a site says streaming to me, I read it as, 'this is a challenge to whoever can hack this site and download the video'.

usually I don't bother and just mirror the site using wget. I love linux, and uni backbones.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
*hugs glass*

Love is the law.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
mcp you are a Geek smile

I just dropped the biggest thing that happened to staff on HOP

in the last year and all you can write is "LUNIX"

smile

I'm sooo, going to post that picture of you in a red dress

and the pics of not-mcp

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
might be the biggest thing to you, but I haven't seen it yet. When A site says streaming to me, it also says: 'if you can't hack this site and download the video, you're not going to get to see it Muhahahahahahah!'. Suffice to say, I don't have Flash 7.0. Bastards. I may have to give up and watch it on windows.

Twirlers.net seems like a well configured server as well. I don't think it will do anything but stream. double bastards.

tongue

You're not supposed to say I missed stuff, you're suppose to say what I missed. (Plus the descriptions aren't finished yet. And won't be if you keep distracting me. )

oh well, off to e-mail the admin....

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Yeah, you've definitely missed some stuff. Or is it definiativelly?

tongue tongue tongue

biggrin

Good skills mate, that's well impressive.

I disagree about watching the staff thought - touch receptors tell you *everything* you need to know. Practise with your eyes closed as much as possible. It'll be worth it when you want to play with two sticks anyway...

And I thought your chosen technique was to stare at your feet, not the staff

nana nana nana

Once again, nice one!

And give me a shout if you get the baton twirling stuff scraped off their site... I might even swap it for a strictly confidential look at the first part of the Yellow People video... cool

monkeys ate my brain

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, and love the super-slack doubles section - "just do it all with two sticks"... maybe you can condense the whole contact section into "do some stuff without gripping the staff"?

wink biggrin

monkeys ate my brain

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well I did condense normal spinning into 'self-explainatory'! biggrin

You go write one on YOUR style of doubles then... And everybody else would have to write one on their own style.... I don't have that knowledge yet... I was just giving people ideas, not outlining every move. (or even any)

My FEET ARE VERY INTERESTING!

and why do you tell me I've missed stuff but not what???!?!?!?!???!?!?!

ARGH!

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Because it's funny?

biggrin

monkeys ate my brain

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

might be the biggest thing to you, but I haven't seen it yet. When A site says streaming to me, it also says: 'if you can't hack this site and download the video, you're not going to get to see it Muhahahahahahah!'. Suffice to say, I don't have Flash 7.0. Bastards. I may have to give up and watch it on windows.

Twirlers.net seems like a well configured server as well. I don't think it will do anything but stream. double bastards.

soooooooo ..... capture the stream *shakes head* you have much to learn young grasshopper

HiDownload 4.xEditor's choice! - is the leading download manager that download streaming media.

HiDownload(HD) allows you to download individual files (or lists of files) from the Web and FTP sites and MMS and RTSP sites at the maximum available speed, allow you download movies, music and mp3.

You can analyse the mms/rtsp url, save flash animations.

It has an excellent user interface.

https://all-streaming-media.com/site-arch...-real-video.htm

https://www.worldbaton2004.com/baton-asx/

has a list of the file links

each file looks like this inside

‘æ25‰ñ ?¢ŠEƒoƒgƒ“ƒgƒ?ƒŠƒ“ƒO‘IŽèŒ ‘å‰ï •\?²Ž®

plug the .asf link into the program and walla

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
oooh. That boy's good.
Thanks Benjamin
:hugs:
Could someone make them availiable once you have them pls. Save us all going through the motions of ripping

Ben you passed that challege, you may be a jedi yet.
challege two: how about same videos, but high resolution?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yes, but I still can't use that since I'm on a uni computer, why did you think I couldn't install flash 7?

And that site it refers to is entirely streaming, as is the site the .asf files that stream from the asx files. Bastards. frown

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*cracks knuckles*

concentrate concentrate ......... focus

*big deep breath*

meditate

ubbidea

wait till the video comes out and buy it, its impossible to go from a low res image to a high res one as the extra information you are "creating" is just an interpolation of the low res image its like looking at a spiral end on so you can only see a circle and trying to interpolate the image into the spiral. theres a posibility that they have a high res version somewhere on their server but the amount of effort not to mension illegalofftojailwithyouladdytobesomebodysbitch factors make it not quite worth it

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I got the .asf from the re-director asx with Project URL Sniffer but cant seem to capture the stream using the mms url.

Have been using Streambox VCR with mucho succes up until now but it appears to be stumped.

Will try HD, nice one Ben (I can only find a 30 day trial of this lovely looking gear though)

Love is the law.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
mplayer, duh - I should have known.

Nah, just e-mail them nicely, and if not, then get you hacker 'friends' to do it for you. However there probably won't be high res versions on that site. Why would they do the editing on the same computer as the server? And if they did have high res versions, why not make them availible?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
having seen one: [censored] - they are super tiny. And she seems to be favouring angel rolls a lot. Other than that: Goddamn it's tiny!

and in answer to glass: yes we've seen all these tricks before, but not as smoothly and not as connected. I thought you said they had new tricks? (I have only seen one video - but i think glass hasn't read my entire list tongue )

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ok so the second program net transport on
https://all-streaming-media.com/site-arch...-real-video.htm

does the job fine and dandy (being at a net cafe makes it a bit pointless for me to stream and capture them all but i just had to check due to miss megs lack of faith) im sure the first one works to but i couldnt find a download button straight away so onto the next one it was.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Success!!!!

Still using URL snooper to find the .asf

Used net transport and downloading to hard drive as we speak using the rtsp not the mms url that i was trying originally.

Ben your a star!!!

Unfortunatley i do not have webspace.....

edit/ Does any want them streamed over msn?
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1096897054)

Love is the law.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Yes, ado-P count me in... I'll pm you, thanks
then I've got an instant temporary mirror,
I can put them on my shared space.
Next challenge, making the names of the files match the names of the performers

Smiles
Drew

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
tongue to ben.

mplayer works under linux for streaming and playing and capturing and reencoding. What doesn't mplayer do?

I suppose I could batch file stream, capture and reencode them into something decent like mpeg, but I don't know if my 'site' would have the bandwidth to deal with the demand, or the nessessary illegally of it. Would be fun though... biggrin

Somebody important would have to tell me to do it, then I could deny all responsibilty for my actions. go on.... wink ubbrollsmile biggrin

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Mcp wrote:
"and in answer to glass: yes we've seen all these tricks before, but not as smoothly and not as connected. I thought you said they had new tricks? (I have only seen one video - but i think glass hasn't read my entire list ) "

Your list is on my desktop thanks.
Just wait till you watched a few more, esp seniors.....

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
since im mostly computerly inept, and have been mostly confused by the recent posts in this thread, ill just sit back here and make a cup of tea. would anyone like one?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

:squintingsmiley:

Page: