stripesSILVER Member
stranger
41 posts

Posted:
i've been a member of this sodding site for about a year now and have never even asked if there are any spinners near me! how ridiculous is that?

I could walk past some one every day, completely oblivious to all the new moves they could teach me and all the fun we could have spinning together.

so let me know if there's any one out there in or around surrey. I'm in farnham, studying at the Surrey institute of art and design. would enjoy meeting fellow HoPers.

remember; they can't break you if you don't have a spine

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
you live in farnham, have been on HOP a year and haven't been to a guildford meet yet? rolleyes

go [Old link] and say hello. wave they're all very friendly and they've even started feeding us cakes... biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

stripesSILVER Member
stranger
41 posts

Posted:
cake? i like cake.

remember; they can't break you if you don't have a spine

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
twas flapjacks to be exact but they were very nice. biggrin if you ask lex (parafinfairy) nicely she might bake other stuff as well...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Twisted ClownBRONZE Member
102 posts

Posted:
im in jolly old Purley in surrey....

hey if theres any peeps out there that wanna meet as far as i know there isnt anyone in my area that spins ive been spinning for around 4 years now and i would love to meet up in a meet if there is one ..... hehe hehe

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
hey duballstar, you said i didnt miss much this thursday meet, you didnt say anything about flapjacks!!!! tsk tsk!! must have missed loads then, your gonna have to make it up with some flpajacks now when i come to sheffield on the 30th,

by the way stripes im sorta near farnham, apart from tomorrow in which im off to hull for a while, so inf act unless u can meet up in the next 8 hours you'll neevr se me, oh well, go to the guildford meet!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i dunno about flapjacks but i'm considering baking a sphercular cake... or persuading someone else to bake it as the last cake i made turned out be be a liquid one! rolleyes

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
ooo liquid cake, yummy, what makes a cake anyway? is it solidness, im sure u can still call it a cake, just cos it needs a straw to eat with, can u drink a cake? anyway i'll bake some atempt of a cake in return for a flapjack

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
well it had all the ingredents of a cake and i followed a cake recipe... it just turned out as goo. i've got a feeling my flapjacks would turn out as something of a polar opposite so i'm not sure they're a good idea either... lex is the one to ask! smile

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
will do ma boy, gulp need to get off the bloody net n get packing, uni tomorrow, how exciting

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
same here mate.. i'm planning on being in notts by lunchtime an i haven't even put anything inna box/bag yet! ubblol

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
lol.... I keep going into this thinking that u mean Surrey in Canada not England, lol....

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
what's so funny about surrey in canada? umm

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
are you laughing at your own jokes chris hmmm redface

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hanz

lol.... I keep going into this thinking that u mean Surrey in Canada not England, lol....

I met a guy from London, Ontario when I was in India. And the number of times he mention London and i thought he was talkng about our capital not the place in Ontario....well....ok it was three times.... but in my defence i was quite stoned much f the time when i was around him.

Meh

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Written by: duballstar

what's so funny about surrey in canada? umm

Nothing, just that I know people from there, people who are in the Surrey Youth Choir or whatever they call themselves, our choir got along really well with them when we were in Canada.
We stayed in Powell River for a week and hot a Pot Luck dinner with them one night at Pebble Beach Farm. Anyway I think I have explained enough now