Forums > Other Toys > chain whip construction??

Login/Join to Participate

starofchaosstranger
1 post

Posted:
does anyone know a good way to make a chainwhip? or have any tips that would help. what kind of parts should be used?? anything will help. thanx

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
i know where you can get one.... www.wle.com

they sell martial arts equip/weapons

and you want a 3 section plum flower chain whip

or a 9 section shaolin chain whip??

all depends on what you want to do...

try sending off a pm to bender he might know
EDITED_BY: darkpoet (1095356312)

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
oh my god please *please* buy one!
everyone *everyone* who practices wushu weapons hits themselves. lots.
chain whips will hurt you plenty, inside a class or out.
there are no absolute guarantees in life - but at least with a manufactured weapon, you will minimise the chance of someone else being hurt by flying broken bits.
there's no abolustely safe way to practice wushu, but you can do heeeeps to minimise the risks.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ditto
You can use a small bag filled with sand or even a tennis ball full of pennies attached to the appropriate length of cord to practice. And believe me, you will want to practice and practice.
Are you training in wushu or kung fu (there is a difference) right now? Or have you decided it looks cool and want to teach yourself?
Cheers!

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
....so....erm....how would i go about learning to use one..?
i usually teach meself when it comes to these things...ill be ordering a 3 part staff as well and converting it into a fire staff....and maybe some tiger hooks and/or a horse cutter as well....hopefully ill be able to convert it over to a fire toy ubbloco

prizes

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hmmm, good start would be to get ahold of 'Soft Weapons - Nine Section Whip and Rope Dart' by Li Kegin and Li Xingdong.
Still think its a good idea to find a decent teacher. A lot of the people who teach themselves look like crap in my opinion. But then so do some of the people who have teachers wink

orkossmember
28 posts

Posted:
oh some nice tips for firewhip cool

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
thanks for the vote of confidance...lemme tell ya......you have somebody teach you poi/staff/whatever it is you do?? or did you learn all by your lonesome...exactly....ive got enough of a martial arts background that i should be able to teach myself just fine thanks, or at least get the basic concepts and learn the advanced moves by watching wushu competitions...(yes i learn by watching somebody else).....anyways......
yeah...rant over...

prizes

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Actually... I did have someone teach me. Sorry for offering assistance!
Cheers!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Funny the way things differ...

I learned Lung Ying Kung Fu for six years and still learned hadn't any weapons forms. And i knew why....

A weapon is an extension of your body.....

If your body is ready to handle such a tool then I wish you luck and offer you compassion, for your progress and your injuries.

a

Love is the law.

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
as i said earlier...twas a rant...anyways...best place for information would be where...? theres not a place here that teaches shaolin......most are tae kwon do and i did that for 4 years...ishnu (sp?) for 2 years....anyways....my apologies to anybody i offended...BUT the question still stands..besides finding a martial arts school that is willing to teach a weapon form whats the best place for info/instruction etc

prizes