Page:
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Okay, so i've noticed it cropping up a fair few times more often in the location oojamaflippy bit of the forum and i feel something should be done about it.... so raise ye hands all ye in the locality (well... the whole of wales) and state ye location! maybe we could start a cymru based event/performance/gathering??

I.. am in Penarth, that's S.Wales in the near proximity of Cardiff... and I know that there is also Rossco Bossco in this fair taffy valley.... *counts on fingertips* um, is there a minimum number to count as a "gathering"? where are you poiple?!

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: fireflyz

yechyd da a merched rhywiol!!!!!!

he he... biggrin

Ok my Welsh isn't great but........

Iechyd da = cheers
merched = wednesday
rhywiol = sexual (had to look that one up)

So.... what exactly are you getting at?? ubblol ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

1,643 posts

Posted:
ubblol 'cheers to sexy wednesday'!!? 'Merched' means women/ladies/girls skully, 'Dydd Mercher' for wednesday biggrin biggrin but close, and given that it's so strange and unusual here it is quite possible that welsh wednesdays are sexier than those 'cross yonder border!

How come no-one's IN wales anymore? tsk tsk. You will have to give us advanced warning of imminent visits and coordinate them!! biggrin Although, it seems Barry has been breeding a few fire spinners umm very interesting, I'll have to to pop to Barry and have a look, sure as hell don't seem to be any in Penarth...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I see. My mistake.

See, didn't I say my welsh wasn't good! ubblol

How about we pick a weekend and organise a meet for it and just see who turns up. I know its winter and we have crap weather, maybe we better leave it 'til next year unless we can find an indoor venue. If we leave it until next spring/summer we could set up something somewhere with a campsite and maybe more people would be able to come. In the winter we might find it hard to home lots of incoming spinners.

1,643 posts

Posted:
biggrin my welsh ain't exactly poifect but i picked up a bit in my time on this planet.

That does make a hell of a lot of sense skully, maybe we could use your nice gower based campsite. and yeh... i'll be damned if i'm camping in this weather so spring sounds sensible. would be cool to meet up with a few people before then though, just to say hello, have a drink and learn some tricks beerchug biggrin ye all know where i am

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
campsite or not I'm sure we can all meet up ok in the daytime over a weekend sometime. Next time I'm in the Diff I'll deffo let you know. Rossco Bossco is offline at the mo but he'll be back soon to agree entirely!! biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Well hurry Rossco Bossco up! We need all the Welsh and welsh-ish imports we can get on here. We also need someone that makes better plans than Non and I because we don't seem to be very good at fixing up meets. Maybe we should call Jim'll Fix it.........(damn showing my age again!)

Are there any other people living in Wales lurking on this thing? If so PLEASE post a hello so we can up the numbers from 3 women, 1 man (who hasn't shown his face yet) and a Jackdaw. ubblol

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Jim'll Fix It?! Wow you are showing your age.....I'm 27 and I can't even remember it, whatever it is ubbangel

Did you say 3 women? right we'll be there with bells on quick sharpish! biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
*takes Dunc out back and Biatch slaps him* Behave yourself you hussy!

1,643 posts

Posted:
I'm only 22 and I remember Jim'll fix it! you must have done well Dunc, to have blanked that out... but jim won't fix it because he seems to have lost his fixing ability along with the TV show..... although we definately need a better planner than I because I don't do plans. At least not time wise - i can do strategic world domination plans but if it involves any timescale... it all gangs aft and gley like the best laid plans of mice! That's why i posted the thread, I was hoping someone else could do it ubbangel biggrin

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi to all
Im actuaaly in Cardiff today - and wondering if any of you peeps out there want to meet for a spin today/this afternoon
I know its abit short notice and naff weather, but if you not up for that we could just meet up for a drink.
I only staying till this arvo - so get your fingers responding quick!!
As always I have a van full of Juggling/Fire equipment and 100's of metres of kevlar if anyone wants!!
Be quick and PM me for my mobile nom.

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

1,643 posts

Posted:
woah that required a very quick response - and... I didn't quite get there in time..... Still Bristol's not too far so if you're ever back in cardiff then you know where the welshy thread is biggrin india obviously is a little further.....

1,643 posts

Posted:
firenix> hey i just had a look at your website, what were you in cardiff for, did you do a performance?

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
No. I came to see a friend who's also a spinner and to sell some fire equipment. Last show I did was Saturday at Ripsnorter.
Im on my way to North Wales today for an interview as a Circus Skills Tutor, any recomendations of somewhere beautiful to park up tonight? Waterfalls, Rivers, Forests etc..
If Im in Cardiff again i'll get in touch a little earlier, but you can always PM me for my friends email and nom. to hook up
Peas out to all da Welsh masive

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Bugishave fur, will huggle
231 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

*mental note, bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!*

have we met?

I'll be at Sphercular PiP (with Cantus) and then we'll see if i'm better than you or not ubbrollsmile

I have my sidekick now. I think I call him Sidekick!!

"Lets get Jinky with it!"

1,643 posts

Posted:
.... something about No Fit State circus in Roath - circus skills, toys to play with... was tonight maybe...

*garbled message, shorted circuits...*

my brother mentioned that he might be going to some thing, then disappeared elsewhere, was wondering whether anyone else had heard about this workshop thing (possibly, i don't really know what it is) and knows if it's regular...? i could ask my brother i suppose, but i might not see him for a few days, we seem to function in entirely different time zones....

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Anyone know of anything happenning in Cardiff on FRiday night? Rossco Bossco has heard that something is happenning but doesn't know what, any messages will be relayed to him asap so if someone could let me know I'd be much gracious to you biggrin

Cheers!! sunny

1,643 posts

Posted:
ummm........ you may need to narrow that down a wee bit - something happening........ there probably is a number of things, but whether any of them are the particular thing.... umm but i wanna know too, if anyone finds out tell me too!! biggrin

1,643 posts

Posted:
okay 29th october in Cardiff....

there's a band on in the barfly called Oceansize.... ooh it say influences include Jane's addiction.... oohh.... they sounds kind of good....

speed dating...

Sarah Mclachlan at St. Davids Hall....

A seminar about composting at the university....

that's it, bored now.

shrug biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
sorry rolleyes I meant a poi thing going on on Friday, anyone?

1,643 posts

Posted:
hehe, yeah that's what i figured really, but i was bored and got too carried away on google rolleyes biggrin The short answer would've been no, I knowed nothing about any poi thing, which is pants, because a poi thing would have been really good.....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
I back in Cardiff - anyone want to meet up today or tomorrow?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

1,643 posts

Posted:
ohhh.... i missed this post yesterday..... *sigh* methinks ye have come and gone once more.... bloody fantastic weather today as well, sorry!

samnfanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Were a slack lot!!

Im comming home this weekend with 2 fire playing buddies. The general plan is to keep it simple and go play fire down Barry Island, or The Knap!

Anyone fancy a gathering?

S beerchug beerchug beerchug

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
I should be back down in barry for a weekend round xmas time not sure when tho!! but up for sum spinny madness!! cool

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

1,643 posts

Posted:
everybody's in Barry! samnfa> when you say this weekend, do you mean THIS weekend coming or the one i just missed??...

i live so close! so any Barry based spinning sounds good to me biggrin Although post here or PM at least a week beforehand, cos it seems i have a habit of returning to this thread too late frown

samnfanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
I meant this weekend, but im coming home next weekend too! beerchug
After all it is nearly Crimbo.ubbrollsmile

We span down the knap and amused the fishermen on Friday and on the point on Sunday, fun was had by all and there were no overweight whingey security guards around, which is always a bonus!

My spinny friends have left me so if anyone wants a weekend gathering let me know.

NOn, My folks live in Barry so I go back there when I come to Wales.
Barrys the new Black.

Anyways, come play.
Sx

cool

1,643 posts

Posted:
Gah... down in fallymouth this weekend.... so hows about the one after? or a weekday gathering if you're around?

or ooh... you could synchronize with fireflyz weekend in Wales and then there'd be even more people for Barry based spinning biggrin

redravenstranger
24 posts

Posted:
Hiya

New to poi and in Caerphilly. Bought them yesterday and been having a good thrash about. Only hit myself 6 times, which I'm pretty pleased about!!!! have another friend in Pontypridd who pois.

Any experienced poi-people nearby and interested in showing us some moves....and stopping me from getting bruises...!?!??!

Nia

x

Red Raven Wellbeing Centre
9 Clive Street, Caerphilly. CF83 1GE
07757 057 157

redravenstranger
24 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: redraven (1220718383)

Red Raven Wellbeing Centre
9 Clive Street, Caerphilly. CF83 1GE
07757 057 157

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
This is the weekend the Bristol Juggling convention starts, so sadly I won't be able to attend as I will be there.

Have a fun day!

Page: