Page:
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Okay, so i've noticed it cropping up a fair few times more often in the location oojamaflippy bit of the forum and i feel something should be done about it.... so raise ye hands all ye in the locality (well... the whole of wales) and state ye location! maybe we could start a cymru based event/performance/gathering??

I.. am in Penarth, that's S.Wales in the near proximity of Cardiff... and I know that there is also Rossco Bossco in this fair taffy valley.... *counts on fingertips* um, is there a minimum number to count as a "gathering"? where are you poiple?!

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Cardiff in the next few weeks visitng the aformentioned Rossco so we'll hook up for a meet for sure biggrin beerchug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm near Swansea. A Short Train journey from Cardiff. We have nice beaches in Swansea.......... and the Mumbles.........and Three Cliffs Bay....... There is a camp site over the top of Three Cliffs bay.... I think. Anyway, if you do come up with a place to meet thats withing travelling distance on a bus or train I'm in.

*wonders off to do a google for the campsite*

I just found this so there is a site. But I think its mainly a summer thing. Its in a very exposed place and probably knobbling cold this time of year!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

samnfanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Im yoyo-ing between the green green grass of home and Plymouth at the mo....ubbrollsmile

But il come home for a gathering beerchug

1,643 posts

Posted:
bril-y-ant! and i shall take the beer drinking smilies to be an extra positive thing! beerchug
so am wondering...
bug> when are you here?
skul> beach looks lovely but i agree, it's definately more of a summer thing, still as you say, swansea is but a short train journey away biggrin
samnfa> where do you live? are you s.wales too?

all sounds groovy anyway, at least i got some replies which is a positive start wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Lillie Frog is in south Wales too. We just need to prod her a bit and make her come and join us! wink

1,643 posts

Posted:
*bumpity bump* gone off the page, sacrilege!!

right okay, Lillie Frog needs some prodding... *goes to find suitably themed leek for prodding with*

I have not yet come up with anything remotely resembling a plan so if anyone has any suggestions for... anything... y'know, places to spin, cheap pubs, anywhere dry away from the rain.................

samnfanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Im working in Plymouth and comming home for fun weekend of fire????

Im by the beach in Barry...... where ive played without the police hunting me down for pryro tendencies. Sooo theres an idea. Another one is Llandaff fields, near some pubs ubblove and town? Or the castle grounds?
Or a lovely lil spot in Porthkerry Park (which is a lil pocket of loveliness by the beach and forest)

Some body stop me I am indeed the idea queen ubbidea.

fee fairynewbie
34 posts

Posted:
grrr..i posted earlier and it seems to have got lost.
I m currently in Cardiff til Sunday, so if anyone's spinning, whether with or without fire, let me know asap.

I am a bit crap at it though...but i d have fire/mouse poi with me and my fire torches...theyve got new heads and are eager to burn!!

1,643 posts

Posted:
Great, well i thought castle grounds too, or you know, coopers field bit with the stone circle...or do they shut that at night? I'm never too sure which bit is Llandaff fields though isn't just the park on the other side of the river? Beach is another great idea, I'm in penarth so there's one here too.

fee fairy> so close to cardiff i could be pretty much anywhere at the drop of a hat..... or at least a short train journey. and the only plan i have in the my life presently is to be at work Saturday day, which doesn't leave much time for spinning, but worth a try!

samnfa> are you coming home THIS weekend? because well.. see above.

uh.. and here you may see some sort of ramshackle plan evolving.... biggrin

samnfanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Soz NOn had no email for the weekend. Vague plan to come home next weekend and my three fire playing (slightly singed) nephews will also be in Cardiff.

I think the stone circle is the best idea, plus theres 2 decent pubs within strolling distance.
Anyone else got plans? beerchug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Cardiff this weekend if anyone wants a play smile Me and Rossco Bossco will happily embarrass ourselves infront of a crowd, we may even demostrate our two person fwds/bkwds 5bt weave and two parson hyperloops if you ask nicely ubbangel

Ross lives in Roath I think, is that near the places you're talking about? We have automobile power anyway so we can drive out a couple miles biggrin

This stone circle place sounds good biggrin

hug

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
dont listen to bug, hes shite, he cant even work a stick!

*mental note, bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech! bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech! bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech! bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!bugismuchbetterthanmech!*

love you bug
EDITED_BY: Dom (1235733326)
EDIT_REASON: Mech should know better then to not put in spaces!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
tongue shut up yoo, I'd work a stick up your ass if it wasn't for the fact you'd love it wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
AHEM!

did you see the mental note i made?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
you and your late editing! spank Now stop being off topic unless you're coming to wales tongue

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ooooooooo Cardiff this weekend? Someone tell me where (how to get there) and when and I'll see what I can do. I might have to come in by train so directions from there would be good. I'm utterly rubbish at poi so I'll be demonstrating that biggrin if you ask me nicely! I do a lovely head denting move and have the ability to scream very rude words when I do it.... I'm a woman... it cam multi task like that! ubblol

Oh if its a long way from the train station give me a precise location so I can get a taxi or bus or something. Its a bit hard to ask on the bus for a ticket to the stone circle.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblol Yeah it is! "Return fair to a feild please" probably won't go down too well.

We'll have cars so pm me your number and we'll be able to get in contact at the weekend. The station isn't too far from Ross's house so we should be able to swing over and pick you up. As for location of this Circle of Stone I have no idea, Ross might but he ain't online so I'll call him tonight and ask him then. In the meantime, entertain yourself with interesting songs you can make up in your head wink

1,643 posts

Posted:
Yeah BABY!! um.. skully, the stone circle is right by the castle tis a mere 10 mins walk from central station. I'd be happy to meet you there as I'd have to come in by train anyway. If that is.. it works. I see no reason why a stone circle should not work, in fact i believe they have meant to have worked quite well for a couple of thousand years.... but i believe you folks shouldn't get too excited about the whole stoneness of the circle... because you may well be disappointed.... there are stones arranged in a vague circle with on in the middle, but they may have just been dumped there randomly i'm pretty sure there are no leylines or fantastical things involved.... okay i will stop talking about the frickin' stone circle and get back to topic... hmm... well this weekend?? Saturday or Sunday? hooray! I'm not working! heck, i need some more paraffin... this is much better than my ramshackle plan, it seems to have some substance.... biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok change of plan for me, I can't come now. I've reaslised just how skint I actually am after I visited the cash point yesterday so I'll have to give it a miss. Which is a shame cuz I was supposed to watching the excellent VibrationWhiteFinger play on Friday night. If you get the chance go see them they fookin rock ass!! One of the best live bands I've seen in a long long time. Very original.

So anyway, have fun guys, I'll be there in the next few weeks without doubt so I'll let you know smile

wave hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I think its going to piddle down all weekend. The Forecast is really naff. And I've just remembered Saturday is my nephews Birthday. Blagh....What do you buy a 22 year old nephew?

1,643 posts

Posted:
how about.... poi biggrin

but yeah i was thinking that about the weather too, could well be pretty minging....

gah... well i can sympathise with the lack of dinero issue, I'll let you orf...

third time lucky? biggrin there might eventually be more than a ramshackle plan. of course, if lots more people just moved to wales... that might work too.... ok anyone up for it? it's very nice, there is plenty of fresh water (falling from the sky), exotic languages, fiestas aplenty with a chance to enjoy the local tipple (or a pint of carling...) and frequent traditional gatherings to watch big burly men chasing eggs.....

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Non Hun you are supposed to be selling it not putting them off! ubblol

Come to live in Wales. The houses are cheaper, the people are friendly and you can get to spin with Non, Rossco Bossco , Lillie Frog and me. I promise if you move to Wales I will feed you chocolate and Earl Grey tea on a regular basis.

We have Waterfalls to admire, rivers for rock hopping, rock faces for climbing, sea for surfing, mountains for biking down, pubs for drinking in, shopping centres for retail therapy, Castles to explore, alternative energy centers, Festivals of all kinds, Universities and museums, Art Galleries and theatres. If you like the great outdoors, we have plenty of it. If you like Culture, we've got that too! If you like strange and unusual thats here as well.

Wales, the place to live, love and have fun in!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblol Sold to the man in the hat.

Non-Https Image Link

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Pffffft he can't buy it! Look at his hat! No self respecting Welshman would wear a hat like that! Even the little boy is trying to pretend he doesn't know him!

Although he does have the shape of a Welshman. Round and short with stubby legs....... Hence I'm trying to encourage some "imports". Only long legged skinny men/women need apply ubblol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hes drunk, itsthe only truth!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skully

he does have the shape of a Welshman. Round and short with stubby legs....... Hence I'm trying to encourage some "imports". Only long legged skinny men/women need apply

Don't listen to her Rossco, she doesn't mean any harm wink

Up steps Dunc, 6'3" of skinny(ish)ness with 36" inside leg, dark skin, hazel eyes, only slightly balding and most of my own teeth ubbangel

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hey! I meant no harm at all. My Dad was one such Welshman and a nicer person you couldn't have hoped to meet!! Although he was a North Welshman and they're far superior to these southerners wink ubblol

Don't kill me Rossco Bossco I didn't mean it!

Dunc stop being such a hussy. Advertizing yourself on here when you have a lovely lady at home is much frowned upon! A small tip, next time you might not want to mention the balding in such a negative way and commenting on teeth just makes you sound like a horse ubblol Maybe next time you should say something like "easy to maintain hair style"

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Non Hun you are supposed to be selling it not putting them off! ubblol

Come to live in Wales. The houses are cheaper, the people are friendly and you can get to spin with Non, Rossco Bossco , Lillie Frog and me. I promise if you move to Wales I will feed you chocolate and Earl Grey tea on a regular basis.

We have Waterfalls to admire, rivers for rock hopping, rock faces for climbing, sea for surfing, mountains for biking down, pubs for drinking in, shopping centres for retail therapy, Castles to explore, alternative energy centers, Festivals of all kinds, Universities and museums, Art Galleries and theatres. If you like the great outdoors, we have plenty of it. If you like Culture, we've got that too! If you like strange and unusual thats here as well.

Wales, the place to live, love and have fun in!

Wow!! it sounds great, can i move here?? chocolate and earl grey too, you cannot go wrong!! ubbrollsmile I don't have a silly hat either, and am not that short....! please can i move here?? ......... hmm....? *sheep turns up to whisper in Non's ear* ooohhh... this is it??... i seeee.....

good marketing skully, although i must pick you up on one point, there is nothing strange OR unusual here, no magical talking sheep or anything, OH NO-no-no-no-no....! In the immortal words of Tom Jones " it's not unusual.." haha... umm i'd like to kill him....

Dunc> I am concerned about the 'rest' of your teeth, you say 'most' of them are your own, but you are going to have to inform the authorities if you did in fact steal them off someone because they do tooth ownership checks at the border y'know....?

biggrin

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
Whats this? other spinners in cardiff? im from barry (well i was brought up there) my parents still live there i go back maybe 3-4 times a year . i already know mr rossco is the local spinner there but for others i new not!!!!! and yes i totally agree porthkerry!!! a marvelous spot for some spinny madness!!!! right next time i'm down we will have to sort something!!!!!!

yechyd da a merched rhywiol!!!!!!

he he... biggrin

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Non, Today I saw a boy sitting on a skateboard with a giant pot plant between his legs going down the hill outside my house. Behind him came running another small child yelling "Mammmy's gonna kill you!"......... Sure, you're right. Nothing strange or unusual goes on here.

Page: