Forums > Videos > Taming Fire Videos (Finnaly)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
It seems like way to long that we have been waiting on getting vids done. Finnaly, we have some new videos for team members Matthew Watkins and Leif. biggrin Check them out in the video section at www.tamingfire.com/videos.html
Cheers,
Leif

What else can I say? TamingFire.Com

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I have a couple of you guys from this past weekend. How would you like me to get them to you? One of you, one of Matt, and then another of Matt doing double staffs.

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Spritie,
I'll PM you with details.
Leif

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
nice work lief. good to see some of your own styles in there smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Hey Matt and Leif...and the rest of the crew! Nice website! Love the pics, thanks for adding me, was really surprised to see myself on there. Im in Florida right now, met some great people out here that burn on Clearwater Beach by Pier 60, great fun to be had! Off to Delaware in October. Then probably to Utah for a year, hope we find some more friendly burners in both locations. We want to end up in Austin tho. Keep up the good work!

Chris

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Chris,
Yeah I made a run down to the Houston burn and had a copy of the Pat Green show for you, to find out you had split. When you get settled down again shoot me an address and I will mail you a copy.
Safe Travels,
Leif

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Leif,
Glad you could make it to Houston, sorry i wasnt there, wish i was cause theres lots of nasty hurricane weather here in Florida but we have been safe. Cant wait to see the vid! I really liked the pics. I will send you an address soon. You guys look great and im sure getting even better. Got some new staff trix to learn too! Cant wait to get the matrix down and get it on vid. Are any of you guys going to Ren Fest opening weekend? Im hoping to be there. Big hug to all!
grouphug
Chris

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:

Chris, glad to hear from you! I'm going to renfest 10/09, i think thats the week after opening date. We're very excited to have you on the site, your staff skills always amaze me. Hi to suzanne for me, she was fanning up some big flames at that last show. School school school, you know the drill. y'all come back now ya hear??

-matt

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Heya Matt! You gotta make it into one of the COL's, youre an amazing performer, im always amazed at your spinning abilities. Thanx for the props on staff redface, its people like Bluecat and Meg that inspire and teach me new stuff, LOVE those tepooka cats and friends. Would love to get over to europe sometime and hang out with those guys. Look for the matrix vid and spinach sessions, they are incredible if you havent seen em yet. Suz says hi. Take care and see you on the flipside!

Chris

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Guys,
We have fixed the error 400s that some of you have been experiecncing while trying to view the vids and/or the website. This problem arose from the excess amounts of data transfers we have been having. Sorry, about that, but thankfully things are back and running in a working order now.
Leif

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Mayhem,
If you check the recent list for who made it in COL5 you will see that Matt and I made it! Hooray!!!!

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
YAY! Congrats to you both! Guess im gonna have to buy a copy now for sure! Do we know when it will come out yet?

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
We are still waiting to finding out when it is coming out. They are also still trying to decide who won the cover art contest as well.

Sensuosamember
25 posts

Posted:
That was fabulous..thanx for sharing..I'm slowly learning my poi routines while belly dancing with them..this was a great incentive to get my ass outside and practise more..cheers to you all.

Sandy

RuDSnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Simply amazing... nice work!

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Alright guys we have even more vids up now! See Matthew Watkins break out some staff, clubs, and poi. Also see new boy Nick throw some fire breathes and eat some flames. Once again the link is https://www.tamingfire.com/videos.html
and just look for the videos with the "New!" caption.
Enjoy!
Leif

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Some people have been having some problems with the old encoding format we were using for our videos, and dialup users were being excluded due to the file sizes which we had. We have redone all of our videos into a Quick Time Format. The videos are now available in a smaller higher quality format.

We also have added two more videos for Matt Watkins and Myself. Come on by and check them out. https://www.tamingfire.com/videos.html

Leif

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
RE Matt Watkins; Nice to see someone using clubs as more than just poi, much props!

oh and also - what kind of camera and encoder and stuff do you use? your vids are really nice and clear, and your fire looks like fire, rather than just white blobs

smile

Josh
EDITED_BY: Josh (1097764719)

--

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:

Josh::

thanks for the props! the clubs are very enlightening sometimes. they are probably my favorite tool to hand someone thats trying to learn a poi move.

-matt

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
they are also my favourite tool too - there arent many club swingers out there unfortunately - which is why I was so happy to see someone actually using them well! smile

Josh

--

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Great jobs guys! I have always liked to watch matt spin, nice fluid style, nice moves, cool clubs too! You spin really great too, Leif. Joy has a nice style as well. Are you going to get any vids of her? Cant wait to get back to Texas and see how you guys have progressed. Take care and see ya soon!

M

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Written by: Josh

oh and also - what kind of camera and encoder and stuff do you use? your vids are really nice and clear, and your fire looks like fire, rather than just white blobs
Josh

We are using a Sony TRV350 Digital 8 camera for recording. All of the slow shutter effects we sometimes use are all camera dependent.

I originaly tried encoding to DIVX using many applications but never recieved the quality or size level desired. Now converting to a quicktime format we have reduced the file size and quality we were hoping for. This will be real important when we start pushing the new tutorials.

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mayhem

Joy has a nice style as well. Are you going to get any vids of her?
M

Joy is currently underground working on finishing school, and will not emerge until after January I believe. I hope to get some more vids with her and resume working on the couples moves and coreography we started on. Until then were keeping our fingers crossed and wishing her the best of luck with her schooling.
Leif

cainebabymember
32 posts

Posted:
wow, that's some pretty good stuff! do you think you could send me a copy of it? i've recently started doing poi (about 5 months now i've thought about it...) and fire poi facinate me! but i'm having a few problems causee sometimes i just don't know what to do with my hands when spinning, i think i need to see moves being done by other people

thanx

cainbaby

what kind of victory is it when someone is left defeted?

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Cainbaby,
PM me with your address and format you need it in and I can probably get you some stuff.

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Now converting to a quicktime format we have reduced the file size and quality we were hoping for.

Leif,
What prog are you using to convert to quicktime. Need to make some vids but files are too large.

M

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
I have tried multiple encoders and have found that Sorenson Squeeze is the best system for encoding to most media formats in a quality viewing with a smaller size. Easy to use for most people and adjustable settings for the tech heads. https://www.Sorenson.com

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Well, we also have now released a full set of intermediate to advanced poi video tutorials to the site as well. Come on by and check them out. https://www.tamingfire.com/tutorials.html
Leif

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Sweet! Those are VERY nicely done, Leif. The vids are really clear, the explanations easy to follow, and I really like that you can view them in slow-mo as well. Thank you so much! biggrin

now I may be able to beat Martin to getting the butterfly walk that he's been eyeing

AntiwormGOLD Member
15 posts

Posted:
Leif, you are my new idol. i can't wait to get home and start working on those moves, especially those walking butterflies. Your fire dancing is truly amazing. Also, great choice of music for that after-party footage to break the cycle of techno that seems to be congenitally joined to poi (not that techno's bad, it's just overdone). Thank you

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
redface Thanks!

Page: