Forums > Social Chat > For those who have read Douglas Adams, read on

Login/Join to Participate

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I have got those sunglasses of Zaphod that shield you from peril! Whenever there's danger, it turns black, and I can't see what's dangerous, and therefore there is no danger.

Oh sure, some of you might say it's only those glasses that turn black when you go outside in the sun and turn clear again when you go inside, but isn't going outside perilous? :loco

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

Maderlocknewbie
21 posts

Posted:
How handy. Do just sections of it go dark, so that you can see darker objects just as easily as bright ones? Combining those with night-vision would be handy for spinning performances. And night-time raids. You know, whatever floats your boat.

This reminds me; I don't know if it's been posted before, but HG2TG is returning to the radio next Tuesday. As fans of the first two radio series will know, it is so far the most entertaining and well-loved rendition of the story. Now they have recorded the rest of the it, covering the last three books! With Douglas Adams as one of the characters. No, really. I know he's dead, but he recorded his part before he died, in the expectation that another series would be made. AND IT STARTS TUESDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER on Radio 4.

What I fear most is isolation

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
have you got two pairs? biggrin

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

BzraelBRONZE Member
45 posts

Posted:
I just got that. An hour after I read it.
redface

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Going outside is especially perilous, although judging by the numbers of household accidents reported every year doing such things as falling in the shower, down the stairs etc, the inside is also pretty perilous. Therefore, I suggest that you get really really bright UV daylight imitating kind of lights in all the dangerous inside places to, so that your Zaphod sunglasses can do they're job properly... see, what it doesn't say in the book, is that you have to program them! (that's why others might suggest they are but merely change colour glasses)

as for HG2TG on the radio, well........... yippeee!!

"I love deadlines, I love the whooshing noise as they go by..." heheh one of the bestest DNA quotes methinks (i wrote it on one of my sketchbooks for assesment...)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Written by: Bûzrael

I just got that. An hour after I read it.
redface

ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmm, I still need to get the old recordings from my friend...

*has only read the books.

How disappointing!
But yeah, if there's any danger, it turns all black, and I can't see anything...

As for 2 pairs? That's going to cost you an infinite improbability drive... or a robot. biggrin

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
DNA, along with the BBC, set up a real life hitch hikers guild to the galaxcy www.h2g2.com It seems to have just about everything. Reasons why it's great to be bald, how not the bored in supermarket, an in depth analysis of spoons. Poi too. Who knows, maybe even something useful.

There's also a new movie on the way https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
That movie is going to be hilarious considering it has Mos Def in it!
Where can I get me some of them glasses?

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
I hope the film is not too shiny... for i am quite taken by the BBC TV version (of which i sadly i only have the first part on video) where it looks as if marvin the paranoid android may actually be dressed in tin foil and planet surfaces are built out of expanding foam...... biggrin

i'm a little disappointed that no one in the the product development world has actually produced a hitchikers guide for carrying around with you... they should do a range of hitchhiker's iPods which contain nothing but encyclopedic information.... then you could carry it around with you everyday and look up random things like.... well spoons...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
I dunno, I bet someone can work out the "cynical encyclopedia" into a celly, but it wouldn't be as funny, but just depressing.

Yes, I hear the past movie version stunk. But I want to dl the radio sections soooo bad!

You can get the glasses at most major eye glasses stores. Just ask for the ones that turn into sunglasses w/ a special polymer coating.

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i personally think the books are the best - seen the tv series, got the radio version, and the books are the best. it just explains so much more, so you actually understand what it's on about. and there is more in the books, like when he learns to fly biggrin

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie