Forums > Other Toys > What is you fav diablo trick???

Login/Join to Participate

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
Hi!

Just wanted to find out the fav tricks of all you HoPers.

Mine's Dancers leap. ubbloco

Yours??? confused

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
uh- i do this weird combo that involves a couple of things but if i were to pick just a single type of diabolo trick- i would have to say the whip catch & and variation.
Dancers leap?? what is that

fire is the light that shines in all of us. Be sure your light shines brightly wherever you go.

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
I'll tell you haow to do it.

Hold both hand sticks in one hand (i use my right) so you are holding the 'Holding' ends (not where the string is tied on) both sticks should point outwards (1 left and 1 right) this should make an upsidedown triangle/ a diamond. jump throught the 'shape' and pull the sticks up over your head trying not to hit your back with the diablo.

The smaller the space you jump through the harder and more impresssive the trick. Give it a go.

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
If i were to limit it to one specific trick it would most likely be the genocide just because of the whole bizarreness of it and because it incorporates not only a suicide but also a kind of one string whip catch as well as a infinite suicide.

But the move i do the most is a simple transition from a umbrella to a left inverted stopover with a behind the back to the left release.

I still cant fully visualize the dancers leap, any chance of some media to explain?

fire leads to creation

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i don't do diabolo.

but some of the people on this video here do and one of those tricks is my favourite.

try and guess which one... ubbangel

:warning: that video is 100mb and has lots of really, really good juggling on it :warning:

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
lol, both you and blue are up the shamless plugs today!

you for juggling, in a diabolo thread, and mr blue for poiinthepark black and blue!

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
cole is that you juggling in teh red dhirt white shorts in the vid from ejc 2004?

Step (el-nombrie)

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
I'll see what i can do with the media???

i'll check to see if i can video the trick (on my phone) and email it to you. i'll get back to you.

And mech as you're posting about 'off topic' posts. how about you tell us your fav Diablo trick??? wink

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I noticed that too, i cant do diablo either, but i'm looking forward to watching the video. smile

my favorite diablo trick in the vid is.... He had them going around and behind his head. and was piroutteting (sp?). Blonde guy in black tracksuit pants. very nice.

*edited for claritys sake*
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1095163086)

Love is the law.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
the trick at 3:08 is lovely as is the little sequence at 7:20.

and even though i couldn't spot who you are on about mech, i doubt if its me seeing as i wasn't actually there...

however, the bloke at the end of the video juggles an 80+ catch run of 7 clubs and he has the same last name as me - i also copied him and bought the same clubs so watching him is almost the same thing as watching me wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im downloading it now.

I shall look out for your "twin" Cole.

I shall also look out for the diabloistical bulldozers and the jugglerisation of bats and spheres.

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
im goin to have to get a friend to download it and put it to disk. its just to big for me, i cant handle it.

fire leads to creation

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
where you at ifrit?

if you can't get it from your friend i'll happily send it to yoo smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
tim - download it at college itll take about a minute smile

or just get it from coleman... hmmmm

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
i tried at college earlier and its to much for it. cheers for the idea tho oli. Thanx for the offer coleman but it should be ok.

fire leads to creation

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
to much for college, :o

i managed to download about 1 gigs worth of stuff from around and abouts during computing lesssons... all that happened to me was i got that annoying quota enforcer pop up thingy... theyve tightened things up have they... hmm damm them and there ways .

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

huddude22newbie
1 post

Posted:
my fav trick would have to be the double suicide mind bomb anybody want to know how execute this trick send me a message

DominicBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
My favorite trick I think is called the whip, or somthin like that, its the one where u throw the diabolo up and then u whip the strings at it and catch it.

-dom

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Yep it's the whip.
My favourite trick would be the sun and all it's variations. Though not impressive it's a great trick to link your tricks. Sun in and out of everything and you'll get a more fluid style. So that's why I think the sun is one of the greatest tricks.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Filthy-Ralphmember
66 posts

Posted:
my fave trick is a combo of sorts: left sun into a stick grind, throwing the daibolo up and whipping it back.

for a single trick i like catching the diabolo over the top as it opens up so many possibilities.

huddude22 whats this double suicide mind bomb all about?

If hope can grow from dirt like me.....It can be done.

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
I've just seen my Fav new trick to watch. Its a sprinkler suicide with 2 diabolos!!!! YOU MUST SEE IT!!!!

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I've need intrigued by the 'flux-capacitor' over on diablotricks.com, but of those i can do its got to be impossible knot whip catches. Sooo much to learn though

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
single - double - triple which was it? (i can do all three biggrin) Right now my fav trick to watch is 2 diabolo duicide thats letting go of both stick with 2 diabolos on the string. Ive only seen a vid of a guy name trash doing it but its breathtaking.

fire leads to creation

conartenewbie
4 posts

Posted:
my friends little brother is forteen and the other day he was showing me the behind the back sprinkler to suicide i was pretty damn impressed with that

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
My favourite trick is really simple but so much fun to do.
You throw it up, catch it on the underside of the string, then cross your arms and throw it back up!
Its extremely satisfying when you get it right.
I also really like body wraps. Round the foot, knee, figure eights, knee and head and then flick it from behind your back! Awesome!
hug

Mata Ashita!

Time...Line?? Time isn't made of lines! It's made of circles! That's why clocks are ROUND.

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
Cool. (I'm just replying to this so I can add this thread to my favourite) biggrin
hug

Mata Ashita!

Time...Line?? Time isn't made of lines! It's made of circles! That's why clocks are ROUND.

A_M_CBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
Ive been diaboling for a little over a year.
My favourite trick I can do with 2d is either a double sprinkler suicide with pirouette, or a 2d mni-gen. With 1d my favourite stuff is all the body combos I come up with, especialy my newest one.

Favourite trick I have ever seen is either a sextuple vertax genocide by Ben Langholz, 5201 by Priam, or recently the 2 diabolo airwrap/hyperloop by Busk.

-Alex