Forums > Social Chat > Should i dye my hair purple?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Heres the deal... im 20, in my final year at uni and feel that its time to do something truely cool before i kicked out into the real world and expected to be an adult. In my past ive been very VERY rebellious and somewhat of a rock chick but ive spent considerbale time with a bunch of trendies reducing my 'cool' status to zero- i mean i was going to enter FHM honeyz it got that trashy! Anyhoo, want to get back my teenage angsty self who dumped boys on a whim and generally kicked ass rather then sipped glasses of wine. (Avril is becoming a woman with her little tutus- Im becoming a girl again with stripey tights)

So basically my plan is to cut my hair short, have it dyed black and have bright purple darted through it. Might get something pierced. Might get a tattoo. Depends. Generally i just wanna look really cool and really sexy. Does this sound like a good idea or should i just continue to dress from topshop and miss selfridge? I miss Camden..... and my stripey stockings...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ok, well i decided this. Im getting my hair done purple and black in december when i can get it done professinally so it looks damn sexy rather then crappy. For now ive settled with experimenting with shades of blonde... why you ask? Because Boots had a sale on hair dye and im stingey! So next time i colour it its gonna be black and purple, the time after that toxic red... im looking forward to that... toxic red.... Mmmmm.

My mother is warning about me damaging my hair... Cool, i said- adds to the effect. Lol.

Anyway the whole fashion style thing- if im honest- is a bit stupid really coz genrally i look like a freak most days. Im not afriad to wear stuff i want to wear hence why i wore a silver ball gown with strappy sandles, stripey socks and a cardigan to a party a few weeks ago. It looked really really good. Abnormal, but good. Today though i do look like just another student which is fine coz im having a fuggly day ('f***ing ugly day' or 'Fuggly' day) and im moving into my new halls of residence. My room is bizarre............ apply for further details if you wish but thats all im saying. lol

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:

i agree with fab! DO IT DO IT DO IT!

i'm 37 and only last week did this black shirt with back to cam to my hair!

Written by: rainbow bright

I'm now 33 and have 2 tattoos,13 piercings

rainbow babe....PLEASE....please please please.......just for a perv with a thing for piercings.....tell us where they all are!

an ex galfriend had her button done and it was ACE! like a lil map....lick it and i will come! hehehe....and it gave me something to cling onto when she was a wriggling and a writhing.....slippery lil suckers when wet they are!

It's smashing to be back x

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
umm

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ive found some reeaaallllyy cool tatoos i want but im not sure yet. Im after a solid cubist looking black unicorn. I saw this girl with a dragon one on her belly once and i was like 'that is the tattoo ive always wanted but i want a unicorn insted'. I might have to draw my own one which sucks.... saying that im actually very good at art etc but its so tedious when u can stea from someone else- JOKE, im a good girl......... except when im being very very very very bad. He he

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
go bright purple bright hair is really sexy smile

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
i now have purple in my fringe and i love it! do it! succomb to the purpality (hehe, good word)

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Purple is good. I want to dye my hair purple again soon. It's been brownish for the last year cos i've been away travelling. But now i'm back in the country I'm hankering for a change of colour....

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Awww now it seems like everyone is dying there hair purple and i wanted to be special. He he (fake sobs) I wanted to be known as the purple haired girl but if everyone else has purple hair how will they be able to tell? Ok Ok. Im dying it toxic red instead AND THEN purple the next time i dye it. God my hairdresser is gonna kill me! ubbloco No no, im gonna stay purple and black and just wear it very very very well so EVERYBODY knows im THE girl with the purple hair. Feel free to dye your hair purple people i wont kill you he he he.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fire+Cat=Woof

Awww now it seems like everyone is dying there hair purple and i wanted to be special. He he (fake sobs) I wanted to be known as the purple haired girl but if everyone else has purple hair how will they be able to tell? Ok Ok. Im dying it toxic red instead AND THEN purple the next time i dye it. God my hairdresser is gonna kill me! ubbloco No no, im gonna stay purple and black and just wear it very very very well so EVERYBODY knows im THE girl with the purple hair. Feel free to dye your hair purple people i wont kill you he he he.

lol

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Really, im quite sane. I have a certificate to prove it and everything. biggrin

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
hmm....you SAY you're sane and in the very same sentence say you're certified? methinks tho doth protest too much lass! hehe

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Written by: Beth

I'm 18 and have 4 tattoos that i love and designed myself and 14 piercings at the mo so i say go for it!

seeing as how rainbow hasn't yet told us where hers are....wanna spill on where yours are? biggrin biggrin biggrin

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
bugger bugger bugger...it wasn't the very same sentence after all...it was the very next one....oh well...yer still crackers biggrin

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
im too drunk to care right now

Rainbow BrightSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
Written by: andythepoi

seeing as how rainbow hasn't yet told us where hers are....wanna spill on where yours are? biggrin biggrin biggrin

Sorry! bin away!
Calm down fella,theyre all above the waist!! Got 1 in me belly,tongue,and nose(just realised I had that done 10yrs ago! eek) and the rest are in my ears.
Theres definitely something very sexy about metal going thru flesh dont you think? and having them licked? oh my GOD!! ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

*Blushes and sneaks off to phone boyfriend!!*

More colourful than a box of crayons!

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
hehehe yeah i agree with the sexiness lass, i LOVE licking peircings wherever they happen to be on a gal. yum yum.

Rainbow BrightSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
I'd stay away from licking nose rings tho,specially in the winter!! ubblol

More colourful than a box of crayons!

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
lol....i'll take that advice to heart, cheers

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
unless you have a strange fetish...

no, on second thought, just don't.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
Hi
I have nearly 30 peircings, (20 in my ears) and between 12 and 20 tats, (depends on how you want to count them, one is madeup of a lot of little ones)
I would say to any one, go for it, do it if you want it, it's your body.
As for hair, you should colour it every colour under the sun, it just grows back.
Enjoy life, it's short enough and you're a long time dead.
The only thing I would advise avioding (unless you are really certain you want it) is tats on the face, neck and hands, as these will be very difficult to cover and you never know where you may end up where they would be an embarassment/hinderance for you.
Apart from that, you should go for whatever you fancy.
Have fun.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
yeah!!!!!!!! something i have the authority to comment on i have both cut 13 inches off my hair at once and dyed my entire head purple

i unfortuately did not get it done professionaly though, used this crap semipermenent stuff that turned out to have left the semi out somewhere, still have purple stripps on either side of my part, anyways, dont do that

purpleness is awsome, it is strange that so many people on here have it though, cause you dont usually se it much,

anyways , do it, enjoy ubbrollsmile

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
Shorter colored hair is hot... the following piercings are all sexy: tongue*, belly button, nose(sometimes), aaaand nipples. this all being in my humble opinion as an innocent cali boy.... who's a fan of piercings, and some tattoos...

~Zim

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Written by: Tao Star

unless you have a strange fetish...

no, on second thought, just don't.

i have LOTS of strange fetishes ( i LOVE licking fresh sweat off girly armpits for instance) but erm...dribbly snot doesn't appear to appeal to me

yet!

Wyrd SisterBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
nothing wrong with the odd fetish...

What we play is life. -- Louis Armstrong
Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff. -- Frank Zappa

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
oh my goodness there are SO many gals in this ere forum with great tats ( TATS!) and peircings i think i'm gonna have to refrain from coming in any more. It's not good for my heart!

Page: