Forums > Social Chat > Do you believe in ghosts?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ok, now i must admit, im a BIG Most Haunted fan and last night on the live show i was pretty amazed. Its stupid really because i see ghosts and experience paranormal activity all the time but i still dont believe BELIEVE that they're dead people or spirits.

Ive had problems with my opinions on ghosts. My ex boyfriend used to tease me for my interest in the subject. Some people have also come to the conclusion that im some kind of vampire goth type person (which im not- this week anyway) because im open to discussion on the topic (ok so it doesnt help that im witch but when you start talking about paranormal stuff in an intellectual manner and they go "God your so sexy!" its so goddam annoying - i beleive the guy in question who said that *gets off* on women who are mysterious and magical or something which is very SAD) anyway where was i?

Right- ghosts. Lets have an honest, open, unbiased discussion about ghosts. Are they good things or evil? Are they really dead people? Im so hyped up about it i NEED to talk about it!

YAY its Halloween soon! (Samhain). Im gonna have a MASSIVE party like i did last year. Thats kinda ghost related right? (joke- i KNOW it is!) lol Anyway... your opinions please

xxx

Wyrd SisterBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
I've spent a large part of my life avoiding this kind of stuff, but things kept happening around me. I have a natural ability that I'm now accepting as part of myself. Too many things have happened to me and around me in my lifetime for me to ignore it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those "I know all mystical things" people. I'm just aware that science doesn't, and can't, explain everything.
Ghosts, yeah, seen 'em, lived in a haunted house that had at least four different ghosts that I knew of, the other flatmates saw and encountered different ghosts.
When I was younger, about six, I used to be visited by two ghosts - if I had to describe their energies, both felt male, adult. One would hold down my ankles, the other would bend over my head. Yeah, I freaked out whenever this happened. My sisters cat would usually run down the hall from her room, hissing, and jump on my bed. The two presences would disappear and Honey would sleep on my bed with me. I loved my sisters cat.
So, yeah, I can 'see' and feel energies, both ghosts and living people. My ability to feel people's energies has taken me a long time to accept in myself. Mostly it's very handy, sometimes it sucks.
But that's a whole different comversation. Some people have mentioned the Universal law of what you send out comes back three fold. {anthrax} I found your comment interesting and it made me think a bit. Firstly the Universal Law is So long as it harm none, do as ye will. Sweet as, understood. Now this threefold thing can be tied in to the good old cliche what goes around comes around. maybe, if you are cursing someone, or whatever, what you are sending them is part of their threefold returning to them? And so on and so on.
Anyway, I've probably babbled enough, back to work...they do pay me after all...

What we play is life. -- Louis Armstrong
Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff. -- Frank Zappa

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
No it was that £300 cigar that Curtis got me that won you over. Who the hell could resist, Me, dressed in black, with a fluffy tail, bow tie and ears, smoking that beauty... or was it the fact you were terribly drunk and told Jonny i was the most beautiful girl in the world? Answers on a postcard. Oh and if anyone wants to see those pictures of me as a Bunny please visit my crappy website he he he

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I find the whole Christian interpretation of Wicca/Witchcraft terribly amusing and i can understand where alot of crossed wires have occured for example. The Green Man, The Lord, the Horned God etc is represented by an image of a fertile man with horns. He represents the Sun which symbolises material posessions, growth, sexuality, power, energy and life. This could be interpreted as 'evil' by Christians as their 'devil' also represents these qualities but in a negative aspect ie) greed, dominance, lust, envy, destruction. So maybe they do have a point but we just have different perspectives on what we're interpreting. Whereas in Christinaity they've divided elements of Good and Bad (as they see them) into two opposing forces, we as witches/wiccans are aware of those qualities being present in both dieties YET i CHOOSE only to focus on the good. I am not naive. I am fully aware that forces of nature cannot be purely good or evil (The sea is beautiful but dangerous) so i apply these beliefs of mine to the fact that the forces which created nature and the Sea must also not be purely 'evil' or 'good'. They are balanced, fair and united, not bias. The song Satan sings in the South Park movie highlights a very important thing: If we are not aware of the bad things in our life how can we appreciate the good. We also learn from all the negative/destructive/unlucky events as well as all the positive/constructive/lucky events. What i beleiev is important, and this concept runs throughut witchcraft hence the presence of Book of Shadows and Covens, the idea is to LEARN and keep learning. Witchcraft is actally very very acedemic regarding its roots and the whole reason why it exsists today is because the arts of the faith were taught and passed on.

Wyrd SisterBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
Also in Christianity God is male - Our Father n all that. Before Christianity religion was predominantly feminine - Earth Mother etc - but acknowledged, I guess is the word, the masculine side of life (sorry, if I don't make a huge amount of sense - had to start work early, but yay, I get to leave early)
Christianity doesn't embrace the female aspect/balance but Wicca does, probably why it works for me. There is no light without dark, no night without day, female without male.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a raving womens libber or anti male (most of my friends are guys) but the balance can't be ignored. we just need to get the balance right. And I've lost count of how many times when life has been crappy and I'm chilling with friends I've said to them "Well, we need this crap happening or we don't appreciate the good times." or "We need a$$holes like him/her around to appreciate the good people we have."
Make sense or am I just raving now?

What we play is life. -- Louis Armstrong
Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff. -- Frank Zappa

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
No i totally agree-personally i need female role models, men have little relevance in my life + most males have let me down in some way or another so i look for that in females who always seem stronger and wiser

its always better to learn whats wrong in the beginning then make mistakes just as you die

Page: