PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have been doing wraps for awhile now, and with no real issues.
However lately when I do them I seem to be getting bruises, especially around the backs of my upper arms.
Whipping Boy seems to think it is because I am using increased force, or because I am getting old and old people bruise easy . I just find it strange that it is happening all of a sudden.
Hmmm....
Thought I would share.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Maybe it's diet? Isn't it potassium or something that keeps your body from bruising as badly? Maybe get some multi-vitamins or eat more bananas. That's about all I can think of. I do a lot of fast wraps with heavy chains, and I generally don't get bruises. However, sometimes I might catch one here or there...nothing too uncommon. If you are getting them all the time...or at least more than what you would consider usual...then it might be a vitamin deficiency. Don't know if that helped at all, but I figured I should at least share.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
Vitamin C kicks ass for bruises...for a SHORT while i was in football... appx 2 weeks...my coach told me that im simply just getting TOO many bruises...so he told me to drink like 3 or 5 cups of orange juice each morning..and it worked like a charm

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
if you use beaming poi then thats the problem. I gots tons of bruises from doing wraps with them.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
yes, I know what you mean sweetie . I kinda get that too actually. And the funny thing also is that when i do wraps with fire, most of the time I have no problems and then suddenly I burn myself : same chains, same move and yet ...
don't know. maybe we don't do it always "just teh same" ? maybe sometimes when more tired, we put more effort or place our hands differently and it hits us differently too ???

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
SPIN ON!! BRUISES ARE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT...I'm sure you all still look beautiful. Rub a bit of Arnica cream/oil on them and you'll be fine.
WRAP AWAY!
Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
when i use my meteors i tend to get little pinch marks that kind of bruise up on the underside of my arms. those ones are from the chain coming together at 2 parts and pinching my arm. it happens mostly on my right arm. that may be it, but who knows...

anyone got a light?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
These are actually bruises that run the length of the wrap around my biceps and triceps. Looks like I have a make-up bluish arm band. I am swinging them with more force than I used to (they are becomming too light). I think the vitamin one is a viable thing, because my diet has been on the rather bad side lately.
Cassandra, I noticed that most of the singe marks I get occassionally come from the metal c-clamp on my chains, not from my wick. My solution to that is a leather band pushed down over it.
pozee, what type of chain are you using that pinches like that?
I know when I use comets I end up with whip lacerations from the nylon string and I get cuts from the swivel on them. But those I was used to.

Thanks all for the thoughts and suggestions. I am going to try bunches of stuff to see if I can put an end to this. People are beginning to think that Whipping Boy is turning the whippings on me!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
very large ball chain...

anyone got a light?

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I have encountered the same thing recently.. Funny that this topic was brought up. I have found that the c-clamps do it, as well as the elctroglow poi's do it(by pinching your arm between the cable and the end cap on it). I have no problems however when I use quicklinks. These poi's are also becoming too light for me.. (= I guess I'm gonna have to start practicing double wicks more often or get some bigger wicks made.

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
You can always just fight through it. After a while you will just stop brusing.

Did you change anything in your diet recently, or maybe been drinking more liquor or less water? that could have something to do with it too.

Jesus helps me trick people.