Page: ...
robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
ok the plan is to meet up in piccadilly gardedens around 4pm on the 19th of september (the sunday) once we've all meet up we can then decide where to go from there ether the gas works or the cannal front or if someone knows someware better we'll decide on the day if your up for comeing post below so we know whos going to be there and how many see you all there biggrin

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
sounds like this is gona be fun........
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
My friend who took pictures of me and Toby last time will be there again so we will hopefully have lots of luvlay picays of the day. I hope it rains(Reverse psychology!)

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
hey,

mite be late on 28th in walsall [randomly] for the weekend but bk sunday sum time,

mike u still up for 2nite or r u workin? x

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
I swear I just posted something on here and it's not there!! Aaargh - no wonder Im a technophobe!

So at the risk of repeating myself (in case you can see it but it's hidden from me - paranoid, me???).....

My 1st HoP meet - yay!! weavesmiley bounce2 clap

And you can tell me all about those nice people from Northwich, Mill umm biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Ok at the risk of cursing this meet up as I have a habit of doing redface (the curse of tobi whhoooooooo!!!!! eek)

Right as far as I can see it we are meeting in Piccadilly Gardens on sun 28th , lets say by the fountain at 4pm “ish” and waiting around for others to turn up till about 5pm “ish” by then it should be dark and we might even get away with a quick fire spin in the gardens. weavesmiley

(if it is raining rolleyes meet up under the sheltered bit in the gardens next to that coffee house thing) so “it was raining and cold” is no excuse for not coming as smile1) we have fire to keep us warn and smile2) all the spinning spots are under cover so HA ubbloco.

From there we will move on down to the gas works for further spinning late into the night so even if you are going to be late its no excuse. weavesmiley

If any one wants help finding things in Man just send me or Martin (house_of_mill) a PM and we can come and meet you wherever it be the train station, bus station or The Moon!! I'm sure we can find you. (I'm quite happy to give out my Mob no if people need to get in contact when they get into Man)

As I see it so far we have

cool cool

Mint Sauce...........Me

house_of_mill......Martin

=FL@5hPoin+=...Pete

teejay_blue

Wild Child

loki.c1687.............Mike

roverlass

hanky

cool cool

Mike can you get in touch with Andy and get him to come (this time! biggrin)

I'm going to send every one in the Man aria an E-mail or PM to try and drum up some interest their are loads of people from Man in the meet up section. Will give them a try.

Lets hope all goes to plan

weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok I’ve sent out 27 Pm's and about 15 E-mails so now to sit back and twiddle my thumbs and see who replies
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
lol - sounds like its gonna be somethin - will definately have to move my lazy ass this time - i am a definate. should be able to find the place from ur discription (oh but wasnt there 2 exits if i remember correctly???) but if ur meetin people at train station anyway i might as well join and mob no would be good (just in case) biggrin
might have to get parents to send down my fire poi - as stupidly left them behind (dont quite know how it happend lets just put it down to stupidity ubbloco)
will try get others to come to boost numbers - even if they don't spin then we can watch and laugh when they smack themselves at their first try hehe <---im a nice person really honest angel

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
ok people, im new to home of poi, but i bumped into mike in rockworld a couple of weeks ago, he invited me to this meet on the 28th, so i guess now is as good a time as any to introduce myself, im John! lol, not been doin poi long but i wouldnt mind givin it a go with fire! ill bring plenty of glow sticks though lol. i was told the more the merrier by mike, if thats the case, i know a few other people who staff and poi so would it be ok for them to tag along with me? -J

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
not a single reply from any peeps I pm'd frown if I don’t get any I will just go of to a dark corner and sulk frown frown I want more people to turn up grumble grumble grumble frown frown

nice to hear from you Hell_Boy smile bring as many people as you can lay your hands on hug the more people the better ubbloco

oh hanky you don’t have to bring your fire kit rolleyes I have a set you can use and people are usually very generous with the lending of stuff. ubblove

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Hey Toby I'm not letting you sit in the corner we have a spinning to do I've been actually working at work so havnt had time to post!

So who needs meeting where I'm willing to do the run around PM me and I'll give you my mobile number.

Its Ok for everyone to turn up so thats what we need drag anyone along lets have a damn good sesh and swap tricks.

Its looking good so far. whats everyone doing the night before(Getting an early night I hope) if your not then why not come to night I help at? Its called Monster Monster at the attic, its a fun bouncy and cheap night out! Plus its Poi friendly, very poi friendly! check the website if you wanna see more(WWW.Monster-Monster.co.uk)

See you on sunday!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
My Northwich mates are Alex Daly, Kealey Bryning Kelly whatever her sure name is And then others who I cant remember there real names.

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
hey hoo!

im definately cumin n bringin a mate or 2 depends who i can drag along. told a shockin amount of ppl on fri [rockworld] to bring their toys n i believe i met one of ur mates house_of_mill, amy i think her name was she was a red head anyhoo.

that monster thing sounds cool but away on sat so mite try it another weekend.

japan is so scary!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
No I dont live with an Amy (Wait a sec Me, Paul Hannah Ang) yeah def no Amy in my House maybe an Ali who's a neighbour?

Ohh its the rockworld crew comming down, be nice to see who turns up would Rick Campos be comming? He's nicked names Hobbit(I hate it personally) Hope he does!

So what Toys will people be bringing? I'll be bringing my fists(As if I'd leave those babies at home!) and my traily poi, may get my metiores from mums if I get time!

Come on weekend!

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
ill try to get hobbit to come down, i go in jillys with him pretty much every friday, but i aint seen him much recently ubbidea
if i can run to it, ill get some fire poi from home design on saturday too biggrin my first set hehee biggrin if not, then its gonna be lots of glowsticks hehe, a guy i know called tin tin may be comin down too, if so then hell deffintly be bringin his staff,
see you all on sunday! - devil J devil -

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
hey john
im glad to see you posted.and yeah bring as many peeps as you want.ill see you at rockworld this friday.
mike.c

aydenmember
41 posts

Posted:
inexp but im 99% sure ill be there!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited to do some spinning with u guys
yay! see ya
sa boi

''may the sun shine on everything we do''

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i had i idea i b4 for after are next meet.when we set a date i'll go on photo shop and make us a groovie a4 poster then send em to u guys and we can put up a couple each e.g... rockworld,s.u's and rock kitchen fab cafe ect.
what do ya think?

mike.c

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Woah! This is turning into some event! Looking forward to seeing everyone - spin of course yay! clap clap ubbrollsmile

I gotta drive up so where's the best place - still by the station and meet someone there?

Don't know the peeps mentioned in Northwich, but i know a man who prob does, who also spins so maybe I'll bring him along too... weavesmiley juggle devil

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
If your driving meeting at the train station might be a problem, there is a car park right next to the gasworks(Whitworth stret) you could go straight there saves moving your car?

Mike the poster idea sounds good, not all spinners are luck to have net access, I only do through work so maybe that would help our numbers!

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
btw, what about the question of music for this lil shin dig? hehe,
i mean, ive got a copy of the prodigy experience sat right in front of me (the 1992 release) and ive found most of the stuff on that awesome to thrash to! anyone got some sort of sound system??? Idea: peeps with cars - is there anywhere to park actually at the gasworks? if so, tape/cd in car stereo, open doors, job done hehe, just seems like for this is that all were missing is a some big beefy sound system to really let it go off with a bang, because this is looking very promising hehehe!,
anyway, ill leave yas all alone for a bit, byes - devil J devil

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Ello, wavehello i'm Ammie (Amy) i'm new here! So helloooo 2 u all! Teejay_Blue told me about this meety-uppy thing on Sunday last Friday in Rockworld, she wasn't kidding when she said she told feck loads of people... Know a fair few people who are apparently going, so i might come down. I'm pretty new to poi and not very good, not done fire poi either am just used to glowsticks and have a bit of a tendency to hit myself with them ooooops ! Need more practice before i injure myself with fire poi! But either way I'm still gonna come and see everyone else doing it, see if i can pick up some tips biggrin
So i shall see you all Sunday! bye

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
dont worry luvvie, im rubbish n hit my self alot spesh with fire!! dont worry tho its only hair!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Wear a wet beenie is my advise!

There is a NCP Car park right by the gas works its not a high rise just a conctrete area with bollards you can park there its right by the grass!

Does anyone have any wire wool? If so bring it we need to get some nice wireness happening!

so who wants meeting, email me before friday and I'll send you my mobile number ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: house_of_mill (1101315766)

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
mike does n the NCP costs like a million squid an hour

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
whats a ncp?
mike.c

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
its the car park next to gasworks methinks, cause i was askin if anyone had a dicent sound system in their car, pull up on the car park, open the dorrs and crank it up hehehe!
and then we have music, which is always fun
devil J devil

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
sum one was sayin on fri they were gunna bring a system.

maybe i imagined tht one.... wish that wud stop....

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
The NCP(National Car Park) is about £3.50 a day it'l be a sunday so even cheaper.

Hell boy dont buy poi from home design I used to work there, buy from Hop it makes more sence and your'l get better quality and if people didnt buy from HOp this forum wouldnt be here and so on and so on.

Home design maybe cheap but thats what you get Cheap not quality at all Hop is economicl I would say not to high prices for the highest quality of stuff!

Mike I'll be needing to pinch your staff on sunday been practicing loads and with my tax rebate will be getting the 3 piece on that Hop sells, Go me go me thank you Mr tax man(God cant believe I said that!)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Hey Ammie, we can be crap together - never done fire either and i got a lurvley big bruise from wrapping globalz round my arm at a party last sat. Note to self - poi when p****d & St****d hurts the next day umm like i didn't know that anyway.

Anyway, see you at the gasworks - I'll get your mob no. off you Mil cos I'm bound to get lost

Euonymous Europeus

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
me and the lady are coming, I've no fists as my credit card bounced, perhaps Tobi can make Mint (tm) sauce....

Crap joke, sorry...
wink

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Page: ...