Page: ...
robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
ok the plan is to meet up in piccadilly gardedens around 4pm on the 19th of september (the sunday) once we've all meet up we can then decide where to go from there ether the gas works or the cannal front or if someone knows someware better we'll decide on the day if your up for comeing post below so we know whos going to be there and how many see you all there biggrin

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yeah i will be there and im tryin to drag some others as well .....o and thanks for putin this on the callander i didnt know i could do that....and just to let every-one know this is gona be a mouthly thing(i hope)

mike.c
EDITED_BY: loki.c1687 (1095033715)

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i will def be there. gonna try to get a few friends over from leeds. anyone got in touch with deepsoulsheep? he's pretty local

It's smashing to be back x

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Now thats an idea... will save money for it.. woohoo.... I have something to do now.... will we be getting magic buses too? I wont have too much dosh u c but I aint so afraid of manchester now lol

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Damn good organisation I may just come along and find you there before the Mr Scruff Gig there should still be free tickets available try this link if you like him
https://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=uk&query=detail&event=107058&interface=mrscruff
It should be good especailly seen as its free!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
how many people want to do fire? cos i was just wondering if most people want to do fire we might want to meet up abit later so its dark?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
well if we meet in the day we can pass on tricks ect..while its still light...then do some fire.but i have to say i cant do fire yet,but i really wana c it done.is any-1 else bringin a staff?
mike.c

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
good plan and of course we can always go to the pub as well for a get to know everyone pint biggrin and i will be bringing a fire staff, fire nunchucks and if my wicks arive before the weekend my 3 sectioned fire staff my fire dart and maby my fire swords given i've got to compleatly over hall them biggrin oh also how big is the gasworks would there be enought space to do wire wool i need about 50ft by 50ft of space? also whats the gasworks like i've not been there before

oh and loki i'll have you doing fire staff by the end of the nite biggrin
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1095295700)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
well thiers not that much space,but we can find somewhere else coz i really wana see that done...all im bringin is my crappy home made metal staff.But im savein for a 3 piece.Should have that in a week or two...i hope.remember rob i still new to this...thats why i want a pip so i could learn abit more.

Anyway rob, mikec1687@hotmail.com thats my email....duh...

mike.c

c you all soon
EDITED_BY: loki.c1687 (1095336424)

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
well i'll bring my wire wool along then if we find a spot at least we've got the option

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
gurr I’m currently standing in a crappy internet phone across the street from pic now with my fire kit

don have internet access at the min will try to get hear 2mos hope lots of peeps are there I cant stay long I have to catch a bus home to Colne on sun so will only be able to spin for a bit agggh running out of money (fumbling with change in pocket) phew!!!!

iv not been on hop for a bit if anyone wants to contact me just get in touch with pirowill he has my mob number. see you all later

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Would love to come, but sadly i can't make it, but i hope it all goes well guys, have a spin 4 me smile

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Deliriummember
8 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone for letting me play with your toys, had a fantastic time.. well worth the travelling, even my other half enjoyed himself taking pics biggrin

I will send a link here to the pics as soon as they have been uploaded (a day or two) just had a quick look and theres some good ones especially the wire wool

Nice meeting you all

Lynda (i was the one with red hair in plaits wink

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Great fun, most Ive had in a long time, I didn't know just how nice everyone would be! Thanks to Toby and Rob and co for letting me have a burn!

If anyone wants me to get the glow balls I had for them, theyre £6 the pair, and Ill get you some for the next meet...

Must be done again soon...;)

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i had a fantabulous time too folx....it was a rip roaring success for an inaugral meet! learned SO many new tricks to work on...and i was amazed what a talented bunch we were...thanks to all. n flash mate....put me down for a pair of them there balls...they're MAGIC! see ya all again soon

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hi guys it truly was a cool meeting especially for a first time. We will defiantly have to do it again ubbrollsmile. I am waiting in anticipation for the photos eek. And hopefully if rob can get a link up to some of the vids that would be cool. ubbloco

I also learnt a lot You poi people are the nicest bunch. ubblove
See ya all very soon

ps i have a couple ov lovely burns Ouch!!!! eek

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yeah itsd was v.cool we gona do it next month..thanks to all of you for teachin me some very cool tricks
mike.c

Deliriummember
8 posts

Posted:
Pics done... loads of em in fact biggrin

Manchester poi pics

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
aright all love the pics by the way espeashaly this one https://images3.fotopic.net/?iid=yfk7wm&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
it looks like im trying to do firestaff while symultatniously hypnotiseing a badger just out of shot smile

and you'll all be glad to know i've just finished editing the video together its about 2min of all the highlights everyones in it at some point (im fairly sure anyways its abit hard to tell who people are in some bits) anways its cool i've just got to encoded then it should go from 500mb to about 10 but i'll get a link up when i've done it hopefully by the end of tonite if not then tomorow so check back anyways i'ed better get back to trying to encode this bad boy had a blast hope you lot will keep it going while im at uni so i can join back in in the hollidays smile

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
right all you'll be very pleased to know the vid is ready for download weighting in at 16mb so you dial up users will be siting about a while waiting for it however shouldn't take to long for broadband users also remember when your downloading it thats your actualy downloading it off my pc harddrive i've got broadband and i leave my pc on pritty much 24hrs a day but its still might go down if you tryed and couldn't download it leave a post saying when you tryed and what the problem was finaly i can't test the link to make sure i've got it right (long complicated computer stuff) so the first person who manages to download it post to say that at least it worked once smile oh and finaly this links only valid till sunday cos i'm going back to uni but i'll try and set it up again when i get there annnnyyways now all thats out of the way i hope you enjoy the vid as much as i enjoyed makeing it smile

ftp://fire:fire@62.249.222.171/firespinning/ManchesterSpinnersMeet2004.avi

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Got it to work will try to get one of my mates to mirror it so we have 2 sights to download it from ( have to go to bed now have to be up at 5.30)

Most impressed

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
sweet glad you liked it thoughted you might like the bit of your first wire wool experance i must say it was dam good for your attempt wink
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1095726695)

Deliriummember
8 posts

Posted:
wow bounce2 music too, thanks for letting us see

Had a bit of trouble downloading.. 1st time it got stuck at 15mb, tried again and it worked fine, bout 15-20 minutes on broadband

Im so gonna practise before the next one wink

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I wish i could have been there, ho hum......ill try and make it to another one biggrin

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
wow linda those pics are FAB cheers....say ta to rick for me! and rob the vids champion too mate! any chance at ALL!( i know its cheeky!) of you being able to email me (or posting) some stills from it? naturally i want as many as possible and all of me and not the rest of you scrotes! hehehe. whatchya fink?

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
bugger...sorry....didnt realise it was Lynda with a y

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
good job rob i,love the vid.....ive just ordered some wicks and i have 4 bags wire wool....hee hee....what have you people done to me?
mike.c

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
stills from the video? just set it to full screen while your playing it then press the print screen button when you want a still then go into paint brush or paint shop pro or what ever you want and do paste repeat till you've got enough biggrin

and mike the key to doing wirewool is keeping the wool moveing constantaly and fast the more flowing and the faster the better i look forward to seeing you doing wire wool staff also if your going to start trying wire wool this thred is very handy

https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15

EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1095779079)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
cheers rob i think i will give it a try 2nite then.

[Old link]
Well i hope thats ok for every-one if not just say.lynda is going to bring more poeple from the poi in the park in sheffeild which will be v.cool.....i;ll try and get some more peeps down it should be evan better that the last one.....
mikec1687@hotmail.com

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I was so supposed to turn up but I was up all night doing poi at my friends night and after party so need to make it to the next one wheather I'm awake or not,

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
cool c u there.on the 3rd at 4

Page: ...