Forums > Social Chat > Stinky Complaints! / Monty Python Quotes!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Someone resently emailed me about Moonfest, concerning the smelliness of the fire twirling fumes... helth issues ect. Suggesting that I have too nights for moonfest, one for just the "professionals" and another for all the others... she says it can't be healthy to be breathing in such a consentrated amount of fumes all at once....

But imagine that! "no sorry tonight is just for the professional twirlers... no fun... you're not aloud to just injoy yourself tonight, didn't you know this is just for professionals to put on a show for unappreciative people!" It's larghable!!!

I love Moon Fest, and it's the fact that everyone feels comfortable ennough to just get up and play that makes it so beautiful! and beginner twirlers have to start somewhere... and where better than a friendly, fire LOVING environment like Moon Fest The magority of people that comment on moonfest LOVE the fact that there are SO MANY twirlers!

GRRRRRRR!!! People like this make me mad

If she wants to see professionals do there shows she should go to their shows and not epect to be entertained at a warm friendly gathering...

It's the festive folkie people that make a good folk festival!

Well I've had my little rave...

What do you guys think???

[ 04 July 2002, 12:30: Message edited by: .:* Moon Pixie *:. ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
one of the best things about twirling is the fuel smell. Weird person not understanding that simple pleasure

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I understand her point of view. The fumes can be bad and really aren't good for you....HOWEVER, she is one isolated person (as far as you know) and while she is allowed to her opinion, if she doesn't like it, she doesn't need to go. Her expecting the group to seperate down like that shows her inability to realize a gathering such as this is about togetherness, peace and sharing.
It also seems to me she doesn't understand that these aren't necessarily performances either, but more of that coveted place where the professionals are able to just spin, no pressure, just peace.
As I said before. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't need to go.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well as I always say in these situations - Pele gets turned on by the smell of kero.

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
All that really means Cantus is you know I would be there, with a great big smile and a little extra safety gear for the after party!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
At the risk of showing my ingnorance (oops *blush*), could a few people please describe what happens at moonfest and how it often runs...just so a little wee kiwi in NZ can know what's being talked about.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

3,492 posts

Posted:
Ye', like I do see her point... I don't like the fact that it's smelly and bad for your health... They are issues of my own... I'm serching for a fuel that's a little cleaner burning that is still safe to use...

What made me mad is her expectation of a "professional" show (it's never been promoted as such... always as a gathering... just people coming together to have fun and enjoy themselves... If she's looking for a provessional show she could go to one of them... she might have to pay to see it???... but that's why it's a profetional show... moonfest if for people to just play.... no pressure) and her seeming solution by getting rid of the "fledgelings" (her word not mine) It's not a place for exclusion... And it's not really focussed on the spectaters view, more on the envolvement of people... What makes it a great gathering is that people bring the festival with them... It's not a festival/gathering with out all those gorgeous beautiful people! It'd just be a whole heap of people sitting arround waiting for something to happen....

So, ye' Charles, I've kind of said abit about it here, but it's just a gathering of anyone and everyone who wants to come a long and have fun! Heaps of twirling, a groovin' drum circle, and loads of dancing! Every now and then we have a theme so some people dress-up... and sometimes put on a little bit of an impromptue improvized kind of performance with whoever is there and wants to be involved I set a little candle circle for people to dance, play, perform in if they feel like it.... It's all very casual and friendly. The vibe is just beautiful... I've made so many friends, and met so many gorgeous people.... (and quite a few of those gorgeous people are just starting out with twirling... so maybe that's why I take so much offence to her suggesting we seperate people acording to level of skill.... how about by means of who has fun at moonfest and who doesn't! all the wingers can have "another night" )

Geez! Didn't know I could get so worked up over one little complaint...

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Bloody woman... the hide of her! *Finn rolls her eyes at this selfish,ignorant woman*

Moon Pixie,

This is a great place to vent your frustrations. You're guaranteed a sympathetic ear here. We understand exactly how you feel.

Love and Light,

Finn

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
THough I agree that fumes can be a bit annoying... I gotta say one thing here :

Baby, I'm gonna come all the way to Brisbane from France just to play with you ... so you see ??? that Moonfest has gotta be something special

take care, keep smiling and don't worry, beautiful

Shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

3,492 posts

Posted:
Thanks all you gorgeous lovely people!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
I'm gonna come all the way to Brisbane from France just to play with
heya cass, I've never been to that wacky moonfest - I MUST go! (or so the sqeaky backwards voices in my head keep sayin'...)
pls share with us when abouts you are going cus i don't want to start my OS travels and be somewhere else when you make it to moonfest!
MOON! + FEST = mc^2

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
The idea behind moonfest (everyone twirlin and having fun just being themselves) sounds great, I can comprehend what the woman is saying but none the less I still wish there was somthing like that around here!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

3,492 posts

Posted:
quote:
Origonally posted by Bender:
MOON! + FEST = mc^2

Um... huh????

6,978 posts

Posted:
You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth.

3,492 posts

Posted:
ok, that's what I thought

6,978 posts

Posted:
"Now stand aside worthy adversary"
"'Tis but a scratch."
"A scratch? Your arm's off."
"No, it isn't."
"Well, what's that then?"
"I've had worse."
"You're a liar."
"Come on you pansy!"
"Victory is mine. I thank thee O Lord that in thy ..."
"Come on then."
"What?"
"You are indeed brave Sir knight, but the fight is mine."
"Had enough?"
"You stupid bastard. You havn't got any arms left."
"Course I have."
"Look!"
"What! Just a flesh wound"
"Stop that."
"Had enough ... ?"
"I'll have your leg. Right!"
"I'll do you for that."
"You'll what ... ?"
"Come Here."
"What are you going to do. bleed on me?"
"I'm invincible!"
"You're a looney."
"The Black Knight always triumphs. Have at you!"
"All right, we'll call it a draw."
"Come, Patsy."
"Running away eh? You yellow bastard, Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!"

3,492 posts

Posted:
Kehehehhe

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
dude, do you like, watch movies with a post-it note pad next to you to write down all these quotes?? i bet your room is just plastered with post-it notes. like a jungle trying to find you to wake you up in the afternoon, need a machete to chop away the curtains of them just to get to the bed.
(cue the nature show host)"here we have the elusive bender, a nocturnal mammal, distant cousin to the kung fu spider monkey, but eats marmite and star wars cereal exclusively...it's courting habits are too bizarre for this god fearing host to even mention, let's just say that post-it notes are involved" your gonna have to sand the walls to get off all that dried post-it glue when you move next...
either that or you're strange. yup.
or you've got serious overkill in the photographic memory department. hyper medula oblongata, i think

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Damn you bender, I laughed so hard at 12:20 AM or 0:20 for you military people (MORNING! As in, before light.) so my parents woke up and got me in trouble.

Now I can goto sleep thinking about minor flesh wounds.

"Now come back here and I'll bite your legs off!"

3,492 posts

Posted:
I think he's definately got too much time on his hands

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
"All right, we'll call it a draw." Thats going to be my new signature, I love Monty Python!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Kinudin. You say your parents woke up and got you in trouble. Is there some higher power in your house that they got you in trouble with?

Meh

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
well everyone knows monty python holy grail is the most quotable movie on the planet..

Pere(just a little of the peril!)grine

6,978 posts

Posted:
I was the president of an old silly club at Uni 'FOUL: Friends of Unnatural Llamas' that was loosely based on an appreciation of Monty Python Society, then branched out into general zaniness. every tuesday we'd have days like 'wine and cleese' day or 'Spanish Inquisition day.' we had the worst record of all silly clubs on campus - the most nudity and drunkeness We had our own Llama chant (which sounded alot like the 'aussie aussie aussie' chant that was overdone @ Sydney olympics) and bible, the Foul Manifesto I've met soooo many lunatics from that stint
goddamn i miss it. I still attend the Irongut and Scav hunt every year - Very animal house!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
your link doesn't work bender.

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
yes

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol arashi lots of peopel quot emonty python like that. it would be weird if it were another movie.

Kinudin, do i blame bender for you going to sleep?

Cantus, lol

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I had a friend who had about 5 hours of various Monty Python sketches memorized. He could even do the John Cleese ear-splitting shrill voice.

"Pining for the Fjords?!?!?"

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
'eees not just pining, 'eees PASSED ON!!

Pere

6,978 posts

Posted:
Well sod it! I never wanted to do this in the first place anyway! I wanted to be.....
a lumberjack!

3,492 posts

Posted:
quote:
Peregrine: well everyone knows monty python holy grail is the most quotable movie on the planet..

You can pretty much find a quote for any given situation

I'd lost my ball with a little green gem in it from my belly button ring (cost me heaps!) and I was on my hands and knees searching through the grass for it! and my brother yells out "There's some lovely filth down 'ere!!!"

Then like half and hour later I was dusting the matt... wacking it on the brick wall .... and of corse he starts making cat screeching noises.... Yup monty python sums up life in a nut shell!

Page: