Forums > Social Chat > "All the Little Chicks with the Crimson Lips............

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
....Yell CLEVELAND ROCKS! CLEVELAND ROCKS! CLEVELAND ROCKS! CLEVELAND ROCKS!"

So, can you tell I recently ventured into Cleveland, Ohio?

Maelstrom, the amazing man that he is, set me up with a promoter in the Cleveland area who hired me for a couple of gigs.
Malestrom and I performed together at this street thing Thursday night, where, I didn't really get to see him do fire cause I was bellydancing in the crowd, but we had great fun!
The next night, the info for the gig sucked so we never found it, but instead we went and spun at this party for a friend of his.

I gotta tell you guys, this was the most fun I have had in awhile, and the fastest 48 hours ever! If it weren't for the fact that I had/have shows today, we would've stayed the whole weekend.

First of all, there wasn't anyone that we came across who was mean. Everyone was outgoing, friendly and fun, including the help in the gas stations, hotel and such. I have never experienced this before.
Secondly, this is beautiful country. The city is really gorgeous and interesting (thanks for the tour Maelstrom). Out of the city was breath takingly gorgeous. It was soooooo nice!
Third, Six Flags there kicks monstrous butt!!!!!
The animals shows are great. The Pyrotechnic shows (when they worked) were awesome! There were a bunch of rides that simply messed me up, they were so great!

And perhaps the Akron/Cleveland areas best kept secret is Maelstrom himself.
I was really nervous going down there to meet up with him. I have actually never performed in front of other HoPper's before. I have barely spun with them, and I am always nervous about it.
I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew he was this big and enthusastic guy. I also knew that there was the possibility that I couldn't live up to any expectations he might have had of "Pele" in his mind, and that always sets me on edge.
He has this demeanor that is so laid back and welcoming, my nerves were calmed quickly. He is thoughtful, sweet, funny, friendly, outgoing, forthright and very geniune...and loves to get into pissing contests and load decks of cards! He went welllllll out of his way to accomodate us (like, he and his boss at work took the time to find a place for us to house my snake while we were at the theme park Maelstrom works at so that she wouldn't die in the car. It blew my mind!). Everyone he introduced us to, his family, friends and girlfriend, were much like him as well. There wasn't anyone I felt the inclination to be shy with, which for me is truly amazing!
AND, this man has got talent! He has alot of creative vision, and the technical backing to really make his vision come to life. He is a great spinner, his fire knife is one mean thang! Most of all I completely bow to his flame pooling/transfer and flame jumping expertise, which he does with grace, style and passion. I was truly speechless after watching him with it, and very inspired.
That said, it was hard to leave such a great place and great people (I was ready to tell Whipping Boy to meet me in Cleveland! ). I hope Maelstrom and I will continue to build on a nicely started friendship, possibly perform together again someday and that we will be able to visit his fair land again soon.
Thank you Maelstrom, your friends and your family for making what is usually a very stressful thing for me so smoothe and easy. Thank you for making us feel welcome! You guys really do rock!

...Although, no one can tell us still what "Living in sin with a safety pin is" but that's okay 'cause "Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks!....."

**Pele walks away humming the song sleepily**

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
So let me get this straight. You're saying it reasonably well then?

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I think that's a nice summation Cantus. I just get all verbose when I have no sleep and alot of adrenaline!

Although, the one bad thing about the whole trip, other than being lost a small bit, was that I always get kinda "worked up" from good performances but there was no Whipping Boy to take it out on....which made for two days of frustration. It's okay though, it's all worked out!

Also forgot to mention that Maelstrom and I are married!.....supposedly!

[ 01 July 2002, 13:22: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
I don't know what to say other then thank you for all of the wonderful words. You pretty much summed up the whole 48 hours. It truely was a great time. BTW reguardless what Pele tells anyone, she is wonderful at the fire arts. If any of you find yourself performing with her.........go first! Otherwise you risk the chance of putting on a boring performance. One of her on lookers summed it up best "Wow.......she's good."

Thank you for the good times Pele!

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Awwwww bless....

"Can you FEEL the love in this room???!!??!"

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Pele, you fire goddess it is truely lovely to see you so happy and jumping up and down

I so wish I'd seen both pele and Maelstrom perform ...

Got any pics ?????

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
We're waiting for the photo's to come back from the processor. I will post some then (and send a bunch for you to see Cass!).
Poor, poor Whipping Boy. He thinks I am going to leave him for Malestrom now!

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You don't seem to be denying it though.

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
He's got a lady, I got a man
We live 2 states away.......

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
That's not denying it either.

Meh

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Ah, Do I have a say in this....?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Have you blocked me on AIM?

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You can lie if you want to...

Meh

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
HECK NO! I just haven't been on the computer enough to do the IM thing. Lately I get on-line check email, drop by HOP and log off. I've been working 54-60 hours a week.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
No, Malestrom..you can't have a say...according to that audience we're supposedly married (audiences are always right, right? )and that is how married life goes right? The woman says it all? J/K!!!!!!

Alright Malestrom...you want a say in this, what do you have to say?

Be honest now....I'm listening...

*g*

BTW...two of the four rolls of film are back...now we need to get them to a scanner! They turned out nifty!
Hope this week isn't tooooooo long for you, although your dad and I had a nice conversation when I called.

Cantus...I'm supposed to give up a Whipping Boy for a Maelstrom? Sounds turbulent!

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Maelstrom likes monkeys. Not sure what that has to do with anything. I just remembered it.

I'll go and sit in the corner.

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Just remember Cantus, while you're in the corner that you're only allowed to play with *your* monkey...not Maelstrom's!

Pele