vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Hi - Spritie and I will be travelling thru Italy during the dates listed above and would love to meet anyone who is in Italy along our path - we are starting in Rome, going thru Florence and Bologna (meeting a fire friend there) and then leaving from Venice.

Anyone up for hanging out?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
hmmm... guess not...

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya Vanize,

first; I wanted to say that you have a nice signature smile,
but I've something (hopefully) usefull for you as well... I don't know when you will be travelling, but when I travelled through Italy I had a wonderful time thanks to [Old link], so maybe she is in for some spinning...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hey hey Vanize - I just came back from pretty much the reverse of that trip!
Bologna, Florence, Elba (Beautiful place - if you've got a couple of days - Camping Scagliri is lovely, and go to Marciana and and up the cable car to Mt. Calpanne), Sienna and Rome - stunning.

DIdn't see anyone spinning at all mind you smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
yupz, spinning is not very popular in Ialy, I heard from a girl in Milano, but she didn't respond... But in Rome there was a whole group (from/with Stregai), and in Napoli there was 1 girl who spinned... But that was it, most people never had seen it before (which was very good for busking in Sienna ubbangel )...

you made kinda the same trip as I did, i only skipped Bologna and Elba, but went to Livorno, Sorrento and Milano.. I really miss Rome and the icecream btw frown

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
Prato is right outside of Florence and there is a whole bunch of us here...in fact we teach it in the local schools...and do workshops all over italy ...

check out www.poidpois.com

If you get this feel free to drop me a line.

Donia

stregAi*member
44 posts

Posted:
Hey ubbrollsmile

Telpeva Isil> I had a great time too!
how are you? haven't heard from you for a while. I'm back in Rome now, studying again frown
ok, i reckon my last email wasn't a most interesting one, but hope you'll get back to that... or maybe i'll write you about the Bristol juggling convention - just great! ubblove

Vanize> I'm sorry, I came back to Rome too late to meet you. hope you had a good time anyway. yup, there aren't poi workshops/meetings here, unfortunately (i'm working to start something up actually), but there are spinners! you only have to know where to go. and guess that's exactly the same everywhere. next time maybe.

ciaociao
wave S*

The adventures first! Explanations take such a dreadful time...