Forums > Social Chat > Aust twirler in Barcelona

Login/Join to Participate

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
Hiyall! in madrid, bout to head for barcelona tommorow, looking for some psy-trance, a twirlers gathering and hopefully a floor to crash on. help with any/all/both/whatever greatly appreciated!
Big thanx and hugs to all the hendon crew and everyone who helped me out in the U.K.! let me know if any of you get down to melbourne!
Hugs and Light to all

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Barcelona is excellent for twirling. If you go to the Park de la Ciutadella (the one by the marina, not Park Gruell)you will see a massive amount of twirlers, jugglers, drummers, etc. Its beautiful everyday, but really goes off on Sundays. My friend Buzz (who Cassandra introduced me to) sells poi there on Sundays as well. he's the really tall guy. Not easy to miss.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hey, Dan , nice to read you're still around and having a nice time, sweetie

So yeah I really recommend you getting in touch with Buzz on a sunday after 5 pm in the parc. You're gonna LOVE it (remember I told you about it in the kitchen in London while making you the 10000th crepe ) Anyway ... If you meet him,, do say hi and hug from me, the French Frog, OK ?

Smiles and sunshine to you
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
dan?!?!
wait a minute.....
are joo the same dan that taught Michael Mason/Captain shiner and Shannon Grey (both from Melbourne Uni)?
Micheal taught me my first firetwirling move - the good ol' figure 8! but that was 2 decembers ago.

um can i have your ovaries?

[ 03 July 2002, 15:14: Message edited by: Bender_the_Offender ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

4,224 posts

Posted:
Bender... eeerr ... Dan's a guy actually. He does double staves and therefore is very unlikely to have ovaries (not because of the staves, because he's a guy, silly ). he is from Melbourne though, so maybe you do know him ???

anyway ... all I can actually say about that guy is that he eats a whole lot of crepes !!!!!

shine on
Cassandra

6,978 posts

Posted:
he's built, medium brown hair, v fast and very smooth with quite short doubles and tends to throw straight up.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Well. I never saw him puking, but I'll beleive your word I guess

89 posts

Posted:
hey bender, yeah thats me, i know shannon. if you see him say big hi´s from me. do i know you by name? (if i had ovaries my man, they would be yours)
went to the park on sun, had a great time, loads of drummers etc. got a squat sorted now. will probably stay for next sundays then head for venice.
Hi Cassandra! would love a crepe now! will keep an eye out for buzz and give him your greetings if i see him.
*big hugs to all!*

6,978 posts

Posted:
Um i was Bill went to Uni with Shannon n Mike - like whenever i meet ya i keep mentioning that you taught Mike taught me - you MUST see the firetoys me made! I'll email photos if ya want! - i fink we were both at Rainbow serpent in jan but what few words i said that weekend were to my shape changing hand. click on the members photos man!

6,978 posts

Posted:
Also, you wouldn't believe how many _new_ twirlers gather in the Melb scene now!! it's still as freindly n mellow as ever, even in this shitty weather! there are more people getting paid for lessons and performances 'ere - people need to be taught, dan!!
some lessons are so superficial you'd weep! - remember, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king!

I am very interested in what spefication firetoys you decided to bring with you travelling, and what troubles if any from what nations did you cop for taking them? it would be soo important to know!
/bows deeply and realises his feet need washing.

[ 04 July 2002, 12:15: Message edited by: Bender_the_Offender ]

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey Dan,

Hope it is all going well.

Looks like our paths might be crossing again. Would love to meet up with you, if we are in the same place at the same time Get a chance to properly get to know each other. It's funny we have "known of" each other for nearly two years, but never really met each other. I remember you at Atmos, you twirled with Josh and I nearly all night. Now that was a SICK Green Ant party...

Hopefully we will get a chance to meet and greet, burn and twirl. Would be fun.

Take care.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

4,224 posts

Posted:
::sits back and grins::

the fire world is a small small and lovely mellow world

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
What are you grinnin' about lovey?

is there something I should know that you know??

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

4,224 posts

Posted:
it's like : Bender knows Dan who kinda knows you and I did not know him but ended up cooking crepes for him, but know you and I still haven't met you, but ...

::sits down as she feels dizzy and forgot to breathe::

*hiccup*

::doing a little happy dance cause she will soon see kate and Josh::

shine on
Cass

89 posts

Posted:
Bender: will be back in melb around mid august. if you know anyone thats serious about lessons i can certainly arrange something...
R u the one that does all the crazy jumping and passing inbetween your legs mid leap sorta thing, really active? hehe. we´ll get together at one of the meets anyhow.
Katinca, think i remember a mail from you some time ago. keep an eye out for me here and i´ll let you know when i´m heading to a meet. you in europe now?
tiss a small world.
but no psy-trance in Barcelona! argh! boring weekend dreaming of all the lovely speaker stacks around the world.