Page:
IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Ive been looking through the forums and have noticed that although there are threads about learning staff and Poi moves there arnt any about diabolo. Therefore im taking it abon my self to start one

There are more selfish reason though wink i have reached a difficult point were i cant seem to find any truely great new tricks to learn frown it used to be so easy just talk to a juggle or look on the net and find one but now theres no diaboloists around gollege and ive learnt near enough all the 1 diabolo tricks on the net.

Any one got any original tricks they wouldnt mind passing along the great vine? smile

fire leads to creation

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
My Skipping record is 6, someone i work with can do 7. But that the most i've ever seen or heard of.

How did you get on with the tricks in this thread Ralph?

Filthy-Ralphmember
66 posts

Posted:
managed a few. tried that crazy dancers leap thing and nearly collapsed backwards doing the limbo out.

on the skipping front my personal best is a mere 4...although i have managed a quick 3 beat poi spin with the sticks while it was in the air once.

think im going to read back through this thread again and try and suss some more of them

If hope can grow from dirt like me.....It can be done.

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
i think some of the ones ive described are in some lil mpegs i have in my gallery if that helps

fire leads to creation

Filthy-Ralphmember
66 posts

Posted:
thanks i'll take a look

If hope can grow from dirt like me.....It can be done.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
het guys

thought you would like this site

https://www.shiltons.com

some rather nice diabolo and multi d tricks on there in vid form biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Yeah ive seen that sight but i dont go there anymore.

Its just so depressing seeing Ofek do some really great stuff and im struggling with. Inspiring but still depressing.

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Inspired by Ofeks new video (it really gave me a kick up the arse is a better way of putting it) I have spent the past 2 days solid playing with 2 diabolo.

The result is as followed in chronological order:

1. I final got the hang of getting speed up by using wrapped power pulls.

2. I learnt how to add the second diabolo by going straight in from a wrap. (As seen on the end of hat great vid of the 2004 EJC on the shilltons website)

3. I learnt how to do that orbit that going in between your arms both on the left and right. I also got the hang of doing both one after the other.

4. Because of the extra spin from number 1 I dramatically increased the length of my hyper loops to about 5 seconds.

5. I made a small step towards getting used to orbits around the leg via doing it around my brothers arm (allot smaller than my leg). It is the size of the circle in my shuffle that's going wrong is to oval.

*I bet no-one has a glue what i'm ranting here, especially Devilstick_Russel*

6. I can now do alternate stopovers fairly confidently (not to hard but have been annoying me for long while)

7. I did an inverse trapeze once "which was nice".

8. Started playing with floor starts and learnt the lone start. Which is basically wrapping the diabolos up throwing them up from the floor and then going in the shuffle.

9. I also got the hang of the rocket start which is just a variation on the way the diabolos are wrapped up but is better as it has a better name smile

10. Finally I have improved my correction considerably so I don’t have to stop start half as much as I did on Thursday.

So that’s the end of my learning spree rant but who knows I may do another 2moro, "after all 2moro is another *weekend* day".
Damn it I should know a weird quote like that. Ten points to the person who has read this thread and knows were the hell my brain picked that quote up from. Don’t forget points mean prizes.

fire leads to creation

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
About using multipal props and Diabolo. Devilstick diabolo fusion is one that me and two mates (ed and eddy) performed once. You get two diaboloists to stand either side of the devil sticker and perform grinds on the opposite side to the devil sticker. then the devil sticker uses the spare diabolo hand sticks to do devil stick in the middle. Its extra fun because everyone is tied togther by the diabolo string. and your on a timer as it were because the grinds will have to end sometime.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Yay new tricks for 2 diabolo biggrin

Around the arm and around the leg. Only took a couple of months smile

How are the rest of you progressing?

and finaly has anyone heard anything about the new diabology video?

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
The new diabology diabolo vid is out now on sale on firetoys. The trailers ive seen contain the best diabolo i have ever seen! It done by the ppl in the frec posse who do the art of diabolo and https://gibee.club.fr/diabolo/diabolo_en.htm.
And they have improved alot since they did the vids for there sites.

Plus i just got a new diabolo, Henrys Jazz. Very solid build, it may be my new love.

fire leads to creation

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
**bump**

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
How aproriatly bumped as i just bought 2 new diabolos 2day. Finesses Generation 2. There bloody massive and really great for doing 2 diabolo.

Howz the rest of the HoP diaboloists getting along?

fire leads to creation

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Just a quick post to say if any1 likes diabolo check out ww.diabolo.ca.

It has a diabolo video section unmatched anywhere on the net.

fire leads to creation

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
having bought a diabolo last week, i dug through and found this thread. i have no idea what you guys are on about half the time, but anyway smile

I'm still working on being able to reliably catch a throw...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Wow this thread really is a blast from the past. If your just starting to learn i sugest checking out www.diabolotricks.com.

Plus as an udate to my progress im now about halfway down the path to learning 3 diabolo low.

fire leads to creation

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
thanks for that smile

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
would you happen to know of a good begginers diablo ifrit?

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
VT- i really like my mister babache medium harlequin (100mm/4"). not sure if that helps you. I think the best bet is go to a juggling store and ask about them, and ask to have a play. you'll find what feels nice to you. I think bigger and heavier are better for learning, cos they're more stable.

WOOO!! i can do stick grinds. kinda. better on the left stick though. and about half the time, i can actually get it back on the string.

I think i may have done an inverse trapeze like thing, but i really dont know. i'll get a multi-shot pic and put it on here to show you tho. be nice if someone could name it and tell me if its useful :P

I've also gotten the hang of that crossing-speeding up thing fairly well now, i think.

My next thing i want to work on is turning correction. i can do tilt, no probs, but turning is beyond me. it always tangles and dies when i try to touch the rim.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
VT = It depends on what’s your price range but my favs are

£10 and under- The Beard Hi-Fli (very fond memories of this diabolo but it snapped very early on)

£10 - 20 - Radiant Medium (Good but can get iritic at high speeds, can be used for 1 and 2 and generally nice.)

£20 and up - Either Finesse G2 (what I use as well as what allot of the mad French posse use) or the Henrys Circus. Both Extremely nice and will last for years the main difference is Circus is noticeable heavier and the Finesse is shorter length wise which is nice for body moves.

MiG = Sounds like your rocketing along smile It took me ages to come around to the act that I needed to know a better way of generating speed than power pulls, I was very silly back in he day smile

I must say I’ve never bothered learning to turn I normally just do it by grinding but I can see why it would be useful.

Have you tried any body moves yet? There allot of fun and open up lots of variations.

fire leads to creation

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
hehe, you enspired me to go dig out my diabolo.

i was realy good at it when it was the "craze" at school

one trick that i dont know how to name but ill try and explain it and maybe you can help.

throw, cross hands, catch, spin around 180, throw, catch

not the best at explaining but there ya go! smile

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
i just ordered a basic finesse. i figure i can upgrade it later if i feel the need to.i thought about a henry's circus but when i tryed to order it from the web page the ordering system wouldn't let me select the state to ship it to. shrug
EDITED_BY: Violently Tame (1122833570)

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
Wooo!!! Diabolo! Its ages since I've read throught this thread and it's nice to see more that just me and Ifrit chatting on it.

Keep us updated on 3 Ifrit, Sounds ridiculous biggrin

I've been dable-ing with two but not really taken to it, probably because I don't have 2 diabolos the same at home. So I've decided to make it harder with fire, I'm ordering a Nesbitt when I next get paid and also thinking of getting a Finesse G2 with a light kit, they look stunning biggrin

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
does anywhere know of a site that sells pink diabolo string and accepts PayPal. I don't have a credit/debit card so can only pay with paypal frown I want pink string

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
go to oyur local hardware store, and try to get the flourescent bricklayers' line. i'm pretty sure its much the same sorta stuff as the normal strings.

just make sure you get a nylon/cotton braid etc..

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I've tried!!
The pink string they have is twisted..so thats a no no
and the nylon cord they did do was perfect, now they only have incredible thin stuff!

Me thinks i'll have to be nice to someone with a credit/debit card so i can get some online!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
they couldn't order some in?

Even possibly talk to some brickies, see if they have a store they go through, cos a lot of tradies dont tend to go through the normal hardware shops, they'll have a distrubutor. most (i think) still let people off the street buy stuff, still.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
you can poss send a cheque to butterfingers next time you order toys.... and see if they can get you pink string.

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
yay for diabolo!!! biggrin
im getting a new diabolo soon (hopefully) from juggle art....thinking about a harlequin medium.....or a yoho superspin.....not sure yet

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
Ok, my update is that I took a rain check on the Nesbitt, Needed to replace a lost set of Fire Poi.

Also I can now get two going so have decided to buy two Finesse G2's with light kits. Also upgrading my handsticks biggrin

I saw a video on www.diabolofosho.co.uk which inspired me to buy my new toys, give me something to work on when I get to Uni biggrin

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Way to go with the upgrade what colours are you thinking?

I assume you have checked out www.diabolo.ca? for all your diabolo needs, including a hell of alot of inspiration.

fire leads to creation

Page: