Forums > Social Chat > Great, flaming cephalopods, I'm back!

Login/Join to Participate

LetumLuxSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
Not that any of you really know me or probably remember me. ::Sticks her tongue out::

FINALLY got internet again, and in the time I've been in withdrawl, I managed to do something I didn't think I'd ever do - I learned how to staff. I honestly believe the only reason I did it because I know how to use poi, because when I was little, I could not twirl anything vaguely stick-like between my fingers to save my life. I always had trouble holding on to things like a stave as I'd twirl it around with my wrist and arm, even, not letting go of it. Something seems to have clicked, and I can do it now. I'm absolutely ecstatic about this barrier being overcome, and I'm waiting to find the materials to make my own staff when I can't use one of Devyn's.

Devyn.... DEVYN AND CLAIRE ARE BACK FROM BURNINGMAN AHAHAHA!!

And they brought a Perrier bottle of playa and video of the Man's burn home for me, since we didn't have the room to bring me this year. Next year, I'm making a stillsuit (ala Dune) and going. Nothing can stop me!

In the meantime, I'm going back home to Florida with the Red Cross to help with hurricane relief. As odd as it may sound, I hope Hurricane Ivan gets to Florida on Saturaday - Ithere was no hurricane season last time I was there, and I was livid about that. I've been dying to be in another hurricane since Hurricane Cindy, a Cat 2 from many, many years back. I also plan on staying down in south Florida until the winter quarter starts at Evergreen SC up here in Washington; and while I'm down there, I'd like to check out the fire scene and see if any places are interesting in imploying/employing a solo dancer, or group of if I can find a troupe interested.

Does anyone have any intel on this subject? I'd be mostly in the West Palm Beach area, occasionally Tampa. Even if I don't get a chance to sell or spin "professionally", I would absolutely adore hooking up with others who "do" fire down there. I plan on going down anywhere between a week from now (as needed by the Cross) and the end of October, and I'll be staying at least a month.

On another note, I got my first fire fingers at Dancing Dragons From a lady called Heather. I about flipped out right there. Actually, I think I did… After selling more practice poi, horns, and garlands, I ran back there and bought the two hands for 45 dollars. I was so happy with her booth, the fingers, and her, I totally flipped out again.

Oh, did I mention it rained on two of the best vendor days and that many gallons of rain water fell on us in the night after everything else was thoroughly soaked from our lack of an erected tent and open to the sky while it poured all over our sleeping area and flooded our booth? Because all that happened, and oh so much more. But that’s all I’ll say.

FIRE FINGERS! AHAHA! I’m going to scrap these once a friend and I construct a new set with better wire and some of our own improvements on the design. These pair will become – most likely – a headdress of some sort. Oooh, the pyrotastic glee!

There really is no explanation for this painful phenomenon. I passed out cold. Then I died. - Ach Mein Gott, issue 1.

The lurker formerly known as LollipopSpider.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It's LOLLI!!! Woohoo!!! Welcome back, grrrrrl! hug2

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's not lolli.

It is someone called Lollipop spider.

Lolli, by very definition, is called Lolli. That's one of the ways you can recognise her.

Meh

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
WB! wavehello

Tampa eh? Do you know Riz? He's starting a florida fire arts guild down there I believe, might be a good point of contact if you don't know him already. If I tried to remember his email or phone number I'd probly mess it up, but check on his website, firewhips.com, contact info is there..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

LetumLuxSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
Thanks c@ntus - I seem to be getting mistaken for this elusive Lolli often. Maybe I should change my displayed name back to Trach, eh?

musashiii - I don't personally know Riz, but I've been to the site on numerous occasions and we've bought a staff from him before. I hadn't actually remembered about him being in Florida though. Thanks for the recall!

There really is no explanation for this painful phenomenon. I passed out cold. Then I died. - Ach Mein Gott, issue 1.

The lurker formerly known as LollipopSpider.