Page:
MEERCATBRONZE Member
A Meerkat that eats chicken
194 posts

Posted:

I know its such a female thing to say ....ooooo how have you lost all that weight .....i thought i was a comfortable weight.... and happy until ...one of my friends just told me that my ex-boyfriend of three years ago...three years....... said i would be pretty if i lost 2 stone.....i know nobody here needs to hear this but i was wondering if anyone has had the same thing happpen to them????

I can lose weight fast ..but this involves strain on my heart if anyone knows what i mean..... its not goood and is incredibly stupid..................
Has anyone got any good ideas.... and dont say a controled diet cause i have been on one most of my life...
i eat good stuff ..YUM YUM YUM my favorite is broccoli

Confused ubbrollsmile help

MEERCATBRONZE Member
194 posts

Posted:

Wow when i posted this, i never thought anyone would have much to say about this it makes me feel better to hear about all of this.
OWD how the hell do you know so much about weight loss its really impresive.
And thankyou PYROWILL i really apprecite the lovelly words.
I am however still going to diet and i am currently on the eat as much raw good stuff as possible and leave Carbs alone Diet.

footinmouth stiil hungry though i could even eat my shoe ubblol ubblol ubbrollsmile

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Still hungry eh Meercat? You probably already know this, but Westerners are really twisted in terms of feeling satisfied and full. Unfortunately, we don't recognise that we have consumed sufficient food unless we are stuffed full and have to roll ourselves off the chair. Okay, this may be a slight exaggeration, but we need to get used to not feeling full all the time. It is a better way to function (our body is not overloaded and constantly trying to digest) and you might find an increase in energy and also spiritual awareness through not being full all the time.

Also, we often mistake dehyrdation for being hungry, so make sure you're drinking 2 litres of water a day. It's tough at first and you'll be running off to the loo all the time but you get used to it after a few days. And, drinking lots of water is a great way to break down fat and cellulite. smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It's true. And in a sample of patients who were chronically underhydrated, they had a 3% increase in metabolism when fluid intake was increased to 36 oz (2 qt. or a bit under 2 liters) a day. They also had a decrease in general health complaints, especially musculoskeletal complaints. And they reported that they could think more clearly.

And if you drink ice-cold water, then your body has to expend the energy to heat it up!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
isnt there also something about ice-cold water digests better? i remember in science being told about the benefits of different temperature water.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
You guys could be like me all i do at the moment is work 8 - 12 hours a night devolped a strange diet that inculdes fruit , Subway and a occasional stake (i've lost 10 kilos in two months .

As digd sad lifestyle makes a big difference

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MEERCATBRONZE Member
194 posts

Posted:

I have to say i do drink ALOT of water and always have done ,i am finding the diet ok so far, not much strugle yet .... YET... The only thing is my bloody headache i think it is probably my usually high level of sugar... dropping to about nothing rolleyes
and man do i feel really tired...beddy byes for me soon NIGHTY NIGHT

MEERCATBRONZE Member
194 posts

Posted:

I have just been reading over some post
If only i could afford one ,"now that is a luxury".

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Meercat, the water is ultra important. It will flush out the stuff that you don't want in your body. I found that if I drink a lot of water and cut back on the sugar intake I will lose weight and feel a lot better. But if you combine the water with a balanced diet and excersize, the weight will come off. I've lost 30 pounds doing just that.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
*looks at himself

5 ft 8 inches and 105 pounds

Time to undiet...

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Eep. 5'8" and most definately NOT 105 pounds.

Kinda afraid to know how much I weigh, really... But can't diet, I already am veggie (other than occasional fish, but that's REALLY rare, and please, let's not get back into that whole arguement on veggieness!)

But my god, they eat a lot here! I'm starting to feel SO guilty for eating here, because they eat so often! I'm never hungry, and almost always full, and I don't think I can keep it up with no consiquences....

My resolve is to beocme more active. I already walk tons, but I'm (hopefully) adding badminton every week, and (yay Rouge, read this one!) I'm trying rowing tomorrow! I'm really nervous and excited about rowing! In addition to that, is sports class in school, which isn't often enough to be my only form of regular excercize (1.5h every week, and another 1.5h every other week or so).

I also want to jog and stuff.... and stuff... but I'm scared of the man down the street who started yelling German at me because something (looked like eggs) was on his window! (I sweetly said I didn't speak german, and he grunted and turned around).

Just need the inspiration... Argh, I think I had a thread about that somewheres on here a while back...

Anyways, Meercat, there's more of us out there than we'd like to think, but still doesn't solve our problems frown But good luck mate, and keep up with it, and do your best to get healthy results!

hughughug

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

like2danceSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
i find it amusing that even on this fun loving website there is still such general talk as weight loss rolleyes

i'm one of those low metabolism folks myself and i almost have to starve myself to be the weight iwould like to be, however i've found that the adkins diet(low cards only about 20grams a day) works really well with exercise, i lost 12 pounds(us) in two weeks, of course by the time i got excited about it i find out i'm pregnant and now i can't diet anymore

now i'm not sure if many of your drink, but alcohol can have a big affect on your bodies metabolism, i normally would drink around three times a week i found that when i would not drink during the week when my diet was the best it would help me lose more, i also would drink low carb beers and wine or liquor with a diet soda

god knows i've got six months to go and i'm going to be dieting hardcore, so good luck to all of you, i'll be getting fatter for another six months ubbloco

ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

MagikMuzik

MEERCATBRONZE Member
194 posts

Posted:

I am confused how can you get low CARB beer + wine it has no carbs anyway confused
I can understand low calorie but low carb?????

I do drink a fair amount and from other peoples posts in the past i have rememered i think i drink a really fair amount beerchug
Oh yes i love my drink, dont ask me to tell you the units per week it will shock eek

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
Actually... Beer is distilled from grain (wheat? barley?) here in the states.

And guess what, grain has carbs!

So how do you go about removing carbs from beer?

That's got to be pretty shitty beer. biggrin

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
There is one solution. Don't drink beer. Anyway alcohol isn't all that good for you anyway, the stuff can be very addictive.

Gidg

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: MEERCAT

I have just been reading over some post
If only i could afford one ,"now that is a luxury".

Here's some free advice from your online personal trainer concerning-

Written by: MEERCAT

I do drink a fair amount.....................Oh yes i love my drink, dont ask me to tell you the units per week it will shock eek

Cut the drink; if you're having a lot it's probably the prime source of your problem, as well as putting the weight on it's really bad for your health in general.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
To be honest, it sounds like you need to work on your self-esteem rather than your waistline. Failing that, eat mainly apples. Works for me. smile

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Mags, you would be surprised how closely tied the waistline and self-esteem are in our society. We have role models that have bodies that the average person will never be able to attain (models, weight lifters, etc). We have the media, peers, families and friends pushing this image on us even if they don't have the image themselves. It's no wonder that there are so many people that have low self-esteem when it comes to their body shape/weight.

Not only does this apply to those people that are over weight but also those that are underweight, don't have the curves in all the right places, muscles are not where they should be, too tall, too short, the list can go on forever.

Personally I think it comes down to what is healthy. While one person may be at a healthy weight of 120 another person, with the same height, might have a healthy weight of 140 because of body type, family history, medical issues, etc.

Gidg

MEERCATBRONZE Member
194 posts

Posted:

Ok i am now 10.5 stone i want to be 9 .....so i am gonna try really hard to get there and when i do i am gonna put a big fat post saying YAY 9 STONE and then i am gonna allow myself to buy some cool glowy poi weavesmiley

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2
thanks for everyones advice thankx

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
That's the thing to do! Set a goal and when you reach it reward yourself.

Gidg

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I realized this lastnight while thinking about this, after I posted...

I mostly don't want to loose weight to look a certain way. It'd definately help in shopping and the such, but I'm proud to say that after years of struggle, I'm fairly happy with my body. For the first time in... ever, I change with all other girls in the changeroom, and dont care what they think.

I was thinking... Over the past year, people have been continually telling me that I look better. I don't really notice it, and it used to really bother me when people commented on the way I looked. But now, I don't mind it. Although I often wish my hips weren't so ginormous, and the such, but who doesn't? I don't know why ... Not that I'm complaining!

But no, looking good is the second reason I want to loose weight. I want to do it to be more healthy, so I can do more things. I want to literally be able to run the distance. I want to be active, and happy, and regularly get physically tired (as compared to the horrible emotional tiredness frown) I like doing things, and using my muscles, and doing dirty grunt work. I want to be able to run more than 2k without stopping! I want to be actively healthy, so that I can do any kind of physical activity that I want.

That's why I want to do this.

So today, I had rowing for the first time EVER. It was sooo good! It's an amazing feeling, once you get the rythm, and just go, back and fourth and back and fourth, and pushing against the water. But my butt went numb. Ah, well, sacrifices must be made! I can't wait until the next time! (but it's getting cold out, and it poured on my boat for 10 minutes ubbcrying) And then of course we missed the bus home... Ended up driving with two guy I didn't know, but assumed were in my school. My freinds knew them, so I wasn't worried.

hmm, food time smile

biggrin hug ubbrollsmile

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gidg

don't have the curves in all the right places,

Gidg's got all the right curves in all the right places wink

Or all the wrong curves in all the wrong places, is that the same?

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
ubblol no it's not the same Kael, but mine are in the right places just more than I want.

And I'm still thinking about roasting. wink

Gidg

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Bobo! i am SO jealous of you!!! rowing in GERMANY!!!! that is on my to-do list and has been for a number of years!!!!! ooooh! i am so jealous!!

but isnt it just an awesome sport! and if you want to get fit and healthy - its GREAT! all-over body exercise......ok, i should shut up now...i could go on about rowing for HOURS biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
its totally worthless meerkat me saying dotn worry about dieting your fien how you are cos i know when ppl say that it emans nothing, just do what makes u happy, ive been on atkins and i lvoe it, its hard at first but it makes u feel great eventually and its actually quite a sensible diet, unfortunately i started working at a bar in which the no alochol part of it was impossible from the pier pressure and i cracked, however i will be back on it in about 2 weeks, just wait till after the main drinking aprtying of uni si done!

be happy meerkat thats all that matters, your lovely how you are smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Page: