Forums > Technical Discussion > Attaching these crappy glowsticks

Login/Join to Participate

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
Just received my order for 100 glowsticks from ebay today. They were only £7 so I cant complain.

They are quite long (cant be bothered to fetch a ruler) I dunno maybe 17". And very thin (about half the width of a small fingernail).

I just went out and spun with them for the first time and they wernt awfully bright but I was only using 1 in each end of the staff. I was hoping that grouping 3 together would produce better results.

Only problem is that I cant think of a good way of attaching them to the staff, for the last half hour I had them selo taped in. Not very practical really, anyone know of a system where you can just slot the glowsticks into the staff and then secure them?

I was thinking of sticking 3 glowsticks together and then slotting them into the staff, but I still cant think of a way of stopping them coming out. Selotape worked well but it didnt look very professional.

My staff is a 4ft long chrome pole, which is hollow in the centre and 3/4 of an inch thick.

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
How professional?

Well, if you are spinning on your own...then who gives a rats arse what it looks like?

And if you are doing a performance, you must spin it really fast (with less control wink) so no one can see the tape.

THe advantage of selotape is that it is clear, and fairly cheap to buy. If you put teh tape on neatly, then I cant see why it would look unprofessional.

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
Oh ok, cheers mate. lol Last night I just wrapped it round really shoddily and it didnt look terribly good when i stopped spinning.

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
i really want a perspex devil stick with a hole drilled in the end so i can slot glow sticks in and then push some sort of rubber end cap over the top. the glow sticks would illuminate the whole of the perspex i think, and look quite groovy. However, it might be a bit weak as a stick to use frequently, so maybe just perspex ends with a metal or wooden center section? Does anyone know if this is even possible with perspex?

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?