Forums > Social Chat > Being Ginger in society

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Ginger, strawberry blonde, auburn, red, orange, whatever you wanna call it for the sake of this thread im calling it ginger. Blessing or curse?

Don't know why im posting this but felt like having a rant having only recently been spat on by a guy in a car after shouting GINGER!! so maybe im slightly depressed so i guess it makes sense for me to just complain about the abomination on top of my head? but im gonna do a bit of both, a bit of moaning but parts of me likes my hair, and i just wanted to ask what is peoples problem with ginger hair? why do people have such a problem with it?
oh by the way i apologise if during my analysis of what it is to be ginger i insult anyone of any other hair type, if i do it is NOT my intention ok!

so anyway yeh, i've pretty much had the same colour hair all my life, admitedly when i was younger it was more red and now its more of a sandy red but yet still falls under the category of ginger which i dont mind at all, all through school i got the treatment which any person with my colour hair would get, "ginger minger", "ginger pubes" "carrot top" and the like, have been teased so much that i have coninced myself to actually hate my parents for passing on the bloody genes!, i've previously burnt my scalp from bleaching to get rid of the colour, cut my hair, worn hats, everything and i think its a shame that people can bring other people to do things like that just because they are a minority in something so small and petty as hair colour! i'm not trying to get sympathy or anything, obviously it was my choice to bleach it and everything, but why should i even have to feel like that! along with the many others all over the world? one thing that really once stuck to me was someone said to me "why dont you dye your hair to become a 'normal person of society" pretty rude huh!
personally i think its a great colour, what colour are the roses shown to show love? red! what colour is a gorgeous sunset? red! what underwear is sexy? think of love what u think? a red heart maybe? what colour was supermans cape! and santa claus's costume and the bloody red carpet! ok im going into extremes here, sorry,
and anyway how come the average joe can get insulted yet others respected, movie stars have it, Seth green, Nicole kidman, Fry from futurama, even Henry VIII ha ha

so anyway like i said im not after any sympathy, im happy with my colour, its never interrupted my social life (well not that much) and i can proudly declare i have had a prolific sex life so it hasnt hindered me there either so im happy and at least im not going to you guys "i can't get a girlfriend frown" or anything, i have a great girlfriend who is sympathetic to my cause, apart from the odd insult,
if you shaved my head would u know from just looking at me what lay in my roots? doubt it, so why should it infringe of what kind of mate i could be? how good a poi spinner i could be? etc

so anyway guys, really sorry about such a pointless thread, sorry! just felt like having a good rant, blame that truck driver who spat at me a few hours ago for being ginger

oh last thing, at least the ginger matches the flames on my poi smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
ado-p, actually I didn't. They said that they get blamed for Carrot Top? I'll have to look.

I guess I'm not inclined to blame red-haired people for Carrot Top, and overgeneralized, forgetting how uncommonly sane and reasonable I am. :-)

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: tattty

i taught in Holland for a bit and a 12 year old asked me why all people in england have red hair! So no matter what colour our hair is, the rest of the world think all English our ginger!!! (or was it just a crazy 12 year old who thought that?!?! xxx

that is a little weird, but it's probably to do with the fact that most of the population of the UK have celtic heritage, and the celts were the ginger ones.... Maybe that's also part of the reason why ginger people are randomly abused - celts had a reputation for being rather barbaric, ruthless and all round kind of stubborn - thus the link with redheads, short tempers, thus... folk get scared and retaliate with saliva.... okay, it's a theory of tenuous links, and definately a work in progress, but there you go i think i've just solved the whole issue... ubbidea ubbloco

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
aww im not barbaric, ruthless or stubborn am i? i dont think so, im sure my ginger hair gives me special powers though, i guess i can be pretty stuborn sometimes though, still very proud of the hair though!!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

456 posts

Posted:
And certainly the barbarism of the Celts was outdone, and massively so, by the English in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. And to a lesser extent in the 20th (Thatcher).

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

1,643 posts

Posted:
ubblol i never said the celts were barbaric necessarily, but they do have a reputation for being so - they are merely misunderstood.... people get easily freaked by things like blood sacrifices and willingness to fight against being forced off land.... poor celts. As for stubborness, ruthlessness and general barbarity... well i don't have none either and I appear to have a bloodline in every corner of the celtic world. ubbangel

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
oh well, barbarians or no, we still rock biggrin ubblol

456 posts

Posted:
Indeed we do. We rock all night and all day.

And if whiskey hadn't been invented, we would STILL dominate the world!

1,643 posts

Posted:
ubblol

but the whiskey helps us to believe that we dominate the world wink

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I love red heads ubblove

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
so does magic dust, but i only use that when i go to neverland, they dont take the mic of me ginger hair there, except peter cos hes jealous

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
my hair is brown now, I fancied a change, it kinda suits me, but i feel i've betrayed my roots frown

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
JUDAS! I'm red and proud,

only kidding. I went purple once, only for a day though then the dye washed out cuz it was poo frown

s-luke

Ninjas NEVER give up!

456 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

my hair is brown now, I fancied a change, it kinda suits me, but i feel i've betrayed my roots frown

You see, now they'll hate you for your terrible puns instead of your hair.

Welcome to the club!

Galxcnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Ginger is gorgeous. I was born with strawberry red, then it slowly darkened as I got older.And now you would never be able to tell what my natural hair colour is since I get bored with my hair and dye it every few months.
My daughter never stood a chance to not have it since she got the gene from both her father and myself.

As to the blue steak trivia thing, one of the reasons it's refered to as blue steak is due to the fact that when it's cooked it's flashed on both sides but the center remains cold.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions. -
Alfred Lord Tennyson -English poet (1809 - 1892)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
ah finally now i know why its called blue steak, something about ginger hair is very strong it doesnt like being dyed, sorry im a judas! oh well it always grows out, sunset colour will be back again biggrin

Page: