Forums > Social Chat > humans were not meant to live like this!

Login/Join to Participate

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

I am so sick and frigging tired of sitting behind a computer all day every day either programing or pretending to program and acting like I give even a tiny little censored about my work!

I can't take it anymore!mad

I wish I had a job where it was socially acceptable to go postal!

ubbcrying

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug

changing job not an option?

try Rouge Dragon's (I think) suggestion of spinning till you fall over when you finish work
it may not fix anything but it might make you feel a bit better

smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I know..

hug

I dont want to be stuck behind a desk all my life doing the same old crap so that someone else gets richer (usuallly the bosses).

But thats life.

How about Vanize, you quit your job and come and live with me. I have a house. It has a roof!

Dont worry mate, it is almost time for you to go home...then its a few hours there...then back to work..

My invite sounds more appealing now doesnt it wink

hug

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
you got four answers at once see people understand you kiss

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
molly - no, the long range plans say I have to keep this job till the end of my contract - another 16 months. the whole point to the long range plans is so I don't have to do this crap for the rest of my life.

UCOF - sigh... I'll be right over. (seriously though, don't tempt me)

sorry everyone - I know I'm not helping moral for all those HoPpers at work right now - just having an "Office Space" kind of day... and continuing to bang my head against the same stupid data problem I've been working on for the last few months isn't helping my state of mind much. neither is my sucky ass boss who has managment skills a rodent would be ashamed of (I'm seriously starting to think the guy is manic depressive or something)

grouphug to everyone.

-v-

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug hug2

Is changing your job a possibility? I know you have only moved there recently....

hug hug2

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Guess I picked the perfect time to come and whisk you away for a much needed vacation then.

Look at the brite side of things - you are in a cool city and have the opportunity to visit lots of other neat places in Europe. You won't be there forever, and you are getting to experience a whole nother culture.

At least you are done with school and don't have to worry about taking anymore stupid tests... smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Written by: vanize

I wish I had a job where it was socially acceptable to go postal!

Go on! You know you want to! wink

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
yes, but there is still a huge stigma attached to going postal within the physics community! It's just not done - unless you are a grad student, and then it is still considered uncouth. Not like in the USPS - they are so modern in their thinking, unlike these damned scientists.

-v-

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug

I totally understand, vanize.

I feel as if I lose 10 IQ points every day I step into my office...erm...cubicle.

I'm smarter than this job....and I want out....trouble is...I want out...and I want to go to Calgary and get a job there...should be easy, but.....it doesn't seem as easy as that.

*sigh*

Though...two more letters out to viable, real name contacts...we'll see what happens.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
How horrible would it be to quit your contract early? Maybe after you'd done a year, instead of 2?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oh my lord, do I know that feeling.... hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I really need to finish this contract.

I was thinking about it though - I get like 5 weeks of vacation (apparently - I thought it was 4, but I'm not going to complain about that), and my boss gets at least that - maybe even 6. With conferences he goes to and the winter holidays, I figure If I make it a point to take all my vacation when he isn't on vacation, then I only really have to deal with my boss for maybe another 11 months at most! bounce

-v-