Page:
Mugetsumember
74 posts

Posted:
Yarrr... Hello all out there... I was wondering, What does your name mean? any siginificance? I'll go first;
Mugetsu: Made up of two kanji that mean "No moon" (Thats when I impress my friends by getting terrable burns!)

Is it hot in here, or was I just engulfed in flames?

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
also...skullduggery is a FANTASTIC song by James on their first album Stutter released in the 80's about hundreds of insects throwing a WICKED party in your head...top banana

It's smashing to be back x

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
skullduggery is also one of the best pinball games ever to exist. there is even a computer version of it I think. It has a pirate theme of course.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

JonaBRONZE Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Jona- its what ive been called since i was about 2.

- it comes from my full name- Jonathan, See, clever isnt it, just cut off the 'than'. hmmm, maybe i should start calling myself than. ubblol

YEY! i got the poi down form under the motorway bridge!

efes spinnernewbie
15 posts

Posted:
efes is pretty much the only beer that i can get ere lol so dats in my mnd quite alot.....an i like to spin so ummm.....

To each der own as with all in life.

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
My real name is John, and since its the most common name ever and I'm 1/4 welsh, I use ieaun to post on boards/web/email etc cause no one ever has that. I've been told it's a very old welsh form of John.

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: ieuan

My real name is John, and since its the most common name ever and I'm 1/4 welsh, I use ieaun to post on boards/web/email etc cause no one ever has that. I've been told it's a very old welsh form of John.

you could also be Sion (shon..) i think... i'd have to check that but am pretty sure it also means john...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Where the heck is the "What's in a name" thread?

anyhoo, it's the name of a character on Fraggle Rock. You can see him in my gallery if you're curious as to what he looks like....

Meh

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
my real name is Hannah and Hanz is a nickname my sisters friend gave me. It also comes in handy coz online people think I am a guy, and my interests dont help that at all. lol.
according to https://www.makewayforbaby.com
Hannah means Favor; grace. Biblical mother of the prophet Samuel. I knew it came from the Christian Bible, just wasnt sure where.

ieuan you could also have been Yani, which is swedish for John. or Yorn with a mark above the o which is German for John.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
MiG came from a gaming club at school. cant remember what it means, but it isnt a contraction for mikoyan gueravich (i think i got that right), the russian plane makers.

Rhys: Welsh name meaning "ardor; fiery; impetus; zealous"

ooh, it says fiery biggrin

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
Another fairly simple one I kitesurf and I'm a man.
My surname is Carter and I've been called Kiteman Carter since I started flying power kites.

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

hogasmBRONZE Member
stranger
27 posts

Posted:
Hogasm. hog being a nick for Harley's and "gasm" being the effect of girls on my Harley. ubblove

A week of Mondays?BRING IT ON!!!

evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
My name comes from a number of Clan Tags from clans i was on on a game called Tanarus, and the name just stuck for like 5 years now heh.

evol is for EVOLution
soul is for Munity Souls
x is for Xtreme

evolsoulx.

BOMBS TERRORIST AIRPORT AIRPLANE HOSTAGE ALLAH JIHAD SUICIDE BOMB HIJACK

have you tested the patriot act recently?

cranmerenewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Cranmere Pool is a wet, boggy and inaccessible place in the middle of Dartmoor which is one of my favourite places to go walking.

Pat in Somerset, England

yannicusGOLD Member
169 posts

Posted:
yann: celtic version of john, boring, but less common than john, so not too boring

icus: invented suffixe, a pathetic attempt to romanize my name, to give grandeur and pomp

yannicus, thats me, but only on the net. im yanni to close ones when they feel affectionate towards me, otherwise its dickhead

-Believing that all has been said and done is like mistaking the horizon for the limits of the world. Voltaire.
-Plus je connais hommes, plus j'aime mon chien. Pascal.

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Parafinfairy - I always seem to have mishaps with parafin where I seem to cover myself in it. Parafinfairy sounds better than smellsofparafin!

Alexia - Greek, don't have a clue what it means though.

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Mine's a lyric from a song I wrote in my old band. It's my usual internet name

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
its my email address that my bro gave me when i was younger. it kinda sucks to be honest but it just stuck. i had pink hair at the time. hmm...

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

Numennewbie
7 posts

Posted:
I once looked up "god" in a thesaurus, and the only word I didn't recognize was numen. According to dictionary.com, it is:

1. A presiding divinity or spirit of a place.
2. A spirit believed by animists to inhabit certain natural phenomena or objects.
3. Creative energy; genius.

I like the idea of being the god of the very small amount of space inhabited by my body.

My given name, Aaryn... well, my mom wanted to name me Aaron. My dad wanted to name me Arran (there's an island off the western coast of Scotland, that when seen from the right place looks EXACTLY like the body of a dead giant laying in repose). Somehow, they negotiated it to Aaryn. Where the Y came from is probably best left alone; some things Man was not meant to know.

https://www.arran.uk.com/

Here is the place,
Now is the time;
Let's invent the kiss.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
umm Gidg ... a definition ... a meaning ... Well if anyone can come up with one I'm willing to listen. I've had the name since I was three days old.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

FräuleinFireotographer on Hiatus
284 posts

Posted:
My housemates started calling me Fraeulein since I am a German girl (or maybe it was just the only German word they knew ubblol). In Germany it's kinda derogatory and noone uses it any longer since our feminists fought for getting it out of the dictionaries. Yeah, well, whatever.... It was used for unmarried women (like Miss in English) and means something like little woman. Mmh... I am so I guess it fits - in many ways ubblol

"I see," said the blind man.

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
Fryed Fish::::im astrologically a fish, and i play with fire, so it just kind of fit

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

dutch fireSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Dutch = A wooden shoe wearing, money loving individual, living below sealevel in the flattest country on earth. This kind of individual is able to go extremely mad if the bus or train is one minute late.

Fire = Really nice to play with.

To be free, happy and crazy..

burncrispynewbie
17 posts

Posted:
I happen to have burn scars covering just about 1/3 of body from a car accident that i was in 5 yrs ago. My friends told me in the hospital that i was "burned crispy". Then when i was recovering rom my burns, my physical therapist taught me how to use a staff to help me regain my arm & finger use. That is how i got into fire staff.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
burncrispy - hello! haven't seen you before!! (but i do have a crap memory!! ubblol) i like the sound of your physical therapist!! what a kewl thing to teach someone in rehab!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

HaggardSILVER Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
Haggard is the name of my favourite movie, plus i dont know why, i just think it's a cool word.

Sgt Baker is my name, Gonna teach you how to play the game of warfare

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
self-explanatory

smile

ture na sig

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
mech = mechhead = old online name!

sorry guys, mine is of along forgotten past, its strange when ppl use it to my face, as its was dead for a long time....hmm its kind of nice though

it came along from all the tech shite i used to do, and i got the name mechhead..and its stuck!

step = my sir name stepek, this shorted is step, and thats the name i prefer

as for gidg

it mean a lady whos hear is wonderful, open and caring.....and good at balancing a staff on your head wink

Step (el-nombrie)

satyagrahanewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Umm OK.. So I thinnk satyagraha was orginally (and probably still is) a concept in eastern religions (eg buddhism, hinduism) which meant 3 different things:
1: 'sat': truth, openness, honesty, fairness
2: 'ahimsa': refusal to inflict injury upon others, non-violence, including not approving of any other person's violence or failing to relieve another person's pain, its about not being duped into violence
3: 'tapasya': willingness for self-sacrifice, endurance

Then Gandhi kind of used as a personal philosophy meaning 'non-violent'/passive resistance ('the practice of applying power to achieve socio-political goals through symbolic protects, economic or political non-cooperation, civil disobedience and other methods, without the use of physical violence'... an easier definition is 'non-violent protest as a means of revolution')

I chose it cause it's a philosophy I believe in.. and I wanted to spread it around...

alex xox

i'm a good kisser, but you're a fast learner...

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
My name stems from a few years back when i invested 110 hours in playing FFVIII; Ifrit was a large Guardian Force that was my most powerful. It came to mind as his element was fire. That explains the pic as well.

fire leads to creation

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
Lillie Frog.
Hmm, well Lillie is a version of my name, and I spell it like that by accident, (cos I thought it was the right way)
Frog is mostly something to do with my feet, I don't think that they are odd but my bloke does.
However I have recently found out that in Frogger2 there was a character called 'Lillie Frog' I couldn't believe it, spelled the same and everything!
Weird or what?

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

Page: