Page: ...
Mugetsumember
74 posts

Posted:
Yarrr... Hello all out there... I was wondering, What does your name mean? any siginificance? I'll go first;
Mugetsu: Made up of two kanji that mean "No moon" (Thats when I impress my friends by getting terrable burns!)

Is it hot in here, or was I just engulfed in flames?

teeny_tiny_gnomeMember
28 posts

Posted:
There seems to be a few people on this page called Claire as that is my real name also

My namesake is the title of a song by The Monkees, not a well known one but its quite boppy (like me) and gnomes are ickle (like me- im not that short but short enough)

I also think the monkees were great and i defy you to tell me different! :P
tongue tongue tongue tongue

The love shack is a little ol place where we can get together.....

iansmithmember
90 posts

Posted:
My name is obviously my real name with the space removed. I tried to register as Ian Smith, but it wouldn't let me. So what does my real name mean? "Ian" is the Scottish version of "John" , with the alternative spelling "Iain" being the Highland version. "Smith" means a master tradesman, for example blacksmiths and goldsmiths.

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
I signed up ages ago under this name and have since forgotten why. I decided to start posting here a week or two ago and when I started an account it said "Someone already has an account with that e-mail address" so I was confused for a sec and then asked them to e-mail my password and it seems I started an account in 2002 and forgot it.

I hadn't posted at all or chosen an avatar or done anything (I think) except choose the name "The Boy G"

I don't know why I did this but I do kind of like the sound of it and I am a boy.

I was going to take the name "Ghost Owen" because when you say it fast it sounds like "Go Stone" and I am obsessed by Go (see my thread on the subject under "Other Toys"). I am also obsessed by juggling but that hardly makes me stand out here. If I were to sign onto a go forum I would doubtless take some juggling related name.

I couldn't be Ghost Owen because apparently someone else already is.

Who is Ghost Owen????

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
"Aurinko" is Finnish and means "sun".

When all the interesting nicknames are already taken, is is very convenient to switch to Finnish, as hardly anyone seems to speak it. So you've still got the full choice of nicknames then.

My mom is from Finland, but we (my sis and me) only know some bits and pieces of Finnish. Considering my limited Finnish skills, alternatives would have been peruna (potato) or tähti (star) or something like that.

However, at the moment I feel more like the sun than like a potatoe. So: aurinko sunny

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

FyreBRONZE Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
I always figured that you had something to do with finland..you know because of the "Aurinko" smile

If we can`t live in peace then fu*k it, let`s die.
The owner of Chellybeans right arm!

Peace -Fyre-

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
and I always thought you had something to do with Finland because of "the finnish guy" ... he he wink

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
When I was thinking of a nickname for here, I saw someone with a t-shirt saying "fire trap". firetramp came into my mind as I like fire and travelling.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

PerrafordeBRONZE Member
Its Wet and Cold
120 posts

Posted:
Mine was from my personal number plate on my car back in Nz , I wanted Bitch on my car but thought better of it so went for the spanish version, and forde is my last name.

Oh Slothy. I may have been bad. I may have kept you chained up in that room but it was for your own good

Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy

Page: ...