Page: ...
Mugetsumember
74 posts

Posted:
Yarrr... Hello all out there... I was wondering, What does your name mean? any siginificance? I'll go first;
Mugetsu: Made up of two kanji that mean "No moon" (Thats when I impress my friends by getting terrable burns!)

Is it hot in here, or was I just engulfed in flames?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I like lightning. It's a cool phenomenon that makes flashes of bright, beautiful light in the night. It's a simple, easy-to-remember name. And I have a blinking EL glow wire suit that makes me look like a walking lightning storm.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Sensuosamember
25 posts

Posted:
Sensuosa - To be of the sensuos nature. I find the art of poi and bullwhips and dance have brought to surface the sensuos spirit within me. Well..something like that

YexBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
math.

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
mrFlibble is a hand puppet character from an episode of Red Dwarf.

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Ash is the remains of something that burns, and I have been likened to a burning phoenix on several occasions, by some very good friends. Its also derived from Ashlyn, which is Irish Gaelic for Dream Quester

Blackstar comes from the Heraldry of the SCA kingdom of Ansteorra, which is my home kingdom.

Also, I just like the way it flows, and my good friend Sezurei says that Ash suits me

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
err

my name is aidan and my surname begins with p

original huh

Love is the law.

tidy_girlnewbie
34 posts

Posted:
tidy is a hardhouse record label n ime a girl! smile

The people that matter dont mind, The people that mind dont matter.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Fuero is a semi-spanic sounding word that means fire, alsof like the way it rolls of the tongue.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
fake teeth an glue: well it...you kind of...thing

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

poi_boySILVER Member
stranger
42 posts

Posted:
dead:poet the name of me last band i was drummin in

easy ! ;p every days a festival!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
mine is a combo of the first part of my first name (Vance) and last part of my last name. apparently also the name of some heavy metal band here in Germany (unfortunate coincidence, and I'm sure they pronounce it differently anyway).

my first name supposely means something like "thresher" or "resident of a windmill" in old dutch, but no one dutch has ever heard of the word and the last name Vance seems to be more of english/scottish/irish origin (there is even a Vance tartan and coat of arms). I was named after the airforce base I was concieved on, which in turn was named for an american fighter pilot ace and metal of honor recipient from the second world war.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Mine was from the fact i had pink poi...so i called myself pink poi and my mate called herself pink flags. Then i got bored with the Poi part so dropped it for ...?

ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

skixgalGOLD Member
26 posts

Posted:
skix- is just some bizzare name ive used as an alternate name since i was a kid, hehe no idea why?
but my real name -claire means "illuminous" as in the beauty of light- allways thought that was a kinda cool meaning:) sunny

did some one say they saw a flying purple people eater??

lunerniamember
110 posts

Posted:
i odnt know what my name means... its just what my mom called me!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Sounds like hello and wiggles smile

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Fabergé.... egg collector

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Mine is taken from part of the name of where I live (known locally as "the Bird - Sanctuary" ) and partly to confuse people as to my gender (although this wasn't originally intentional!)

biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
SpitFire was given to me as a stage name by a very dear friend, who also happens to be one of the best fire breathers I've met....and one of the best performers I've known. The man has natural stage presence. People NOTICE him.

ANYWAY....he gave me the name when he introduced me as an honorary member of his troupe....and said the name matched my personality perfectly.

biggrin

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
comes from my real name which is Rhiannon. Non is just one of the many variations of ways of shortening my name basically, but not many people know that so it seemed like a good version for the internet..... although you all do now.... not that it matters, i was figured out the first time i tried it, and couldn't see a point in changing it. As for the bizarre combo of capital letters, well that was just bad typing that stuck...

it also means no in french. but this piece of information is quite unrelated.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
its my nickname, because i used to look like noddy

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

the_melting_madhatternewbie
3 posts

Posted:
well while tripping i thought everything looked like it was melting, like a melting world-melting being a stae of mind you realise as well , a state of affairs, i am also best on poi at this time and the maddhatter is one to be respected for being him -part of a very trippy film, and the words good ,i wear hats too and like tea. juggle

. . . " And for Christ's sake don't smoke that pipe at the stoplights. Keep in mind that we're exposed."
He nodded. "We need a big hookah. Keep it down here on the seat, out of sight. If anybody sees us, they'll think we're using oxygen."

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
well mine is totally original and creative...NOT!!! it's my name!! ubblol i was thinking of changing my display name actually...probably just to gita...it's the most used of all my nicknames!! (and i don't get called 'margarita' anywhere near as often!!) ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
My name used to be my old nickname at school cause apparently when people used to get me angry I used to give them this look that would freeze them in their tracks.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Well by dictiony.com, arsn has come back as "Did you mean ARSIN?"... which has nothing to do with my name, but Arson comes back as "The crime of maliciously, voluntarily, and willfully setting fire to the building, buildings, or other property of another or of burning one's own property for an improper purpose, as to collect insurance." Which just makes it sound bad... umm

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
my nickname come from j.hendrix song...foxyladyyyyyyyyyyy...
i have this nick a very long time...7-8 years....

yes and 29....it is combination of my birth day..02.09. my friends idea...but from that time that number follow me everywhere where i go...so thats mean...

"yes,u are on good way,foxy!"

wave

ubblove

sunny
grouphug

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Um i live in Bristol and i like poi?

Gayle.....!

Fleancejourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
Okay so Fleance is a charecter out of Shakespeares Macbeth.
He is the son of Banqout who is Macbeths oldest friend, who of course Macbeth has murdered.

My real name (Dave) means "Loved by all" or "Loved by god" depending on who you talk to.

I don't care who you vote for

Just don't vote for the guy who likes war, destruction and earning money over earning respect.

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
coz i like bunnys... and i have lots o playboy bunny stuff rolleyes (i just like the bunny... no really its just the bunny)

when i got my playboy zippo (which i want to oneday put

<----- there)

i wanted to get it ingraved, but didnt no wither to get "firebunny" or "Pierobunny" then i signed up on here and typed firebunny in and thats what stayed.

my first name is Amanda which means: loveable, or worthy of love, or to be loved ubblove
not so sure about that tho... rolleyes

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
um.......um.....how original was I when joined up huh?

my yahoo id is high_with_my_friends which is after the top choon by feeder..

my REAL name andrew is from greek and means strong and manly which is a bit of a giggle cos i'm a wimp!

It's smashing to be back x

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
My screen name just comes from my avitar doodle.....the doodle is nicknamed Skully.... Skully was taken as a s/n so I added the duggery bit and got skulduggery. I put it in one of these baby name search thingies and strangely enough no one has named their child Skulduggery..... how odd is that? Its dictionary meaning is trickery.

I put my real name in the baby name thingie and got this:-

1. Lynne (Anglo-Saxon) A cascade

2. Lynne (English) Abbreviation of Lynnette who accompanied Sir Gareth on a knightly quest in Arthurian legend; variant of the Irish Gaelic word lann meaning house; church.

The last one is strange because the old man that live next door to my granny when I was a child used to insist on calling me Lynnette even though I kept telling him it was just Lynne. Seems he was right all along!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Page: ...