Page:
Mugetsumember
74 posts

Posted:
Yarrr... Hello all out there... I was wondering, What does your name mean? any siginificance? I'll go first;
Mugetsu: Made up of two kanji that mean "No moon" (Thats when I impress my friends by getting terrable burns!)

Is it hot in here, or was I just engulfed in flames?

Twisted ClownBRONZE Member
102 posts

Posted:
Whirling Dervish.. err i dunno its probs cause when i spin i use a lot of turns i think dunno ill have to ask my mate.

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

WonderlushBRONZE Member
Haven't you heard? I come in six-packs now.
134 posts

Posted:
Wonderlush - to be drunk with wonder...always. I'm very curious...and much excites me bounce2

If you can talk you can sing / If you can walk you can dance

BūzraelBRONZE Member
45 posts

Posted:
Written by: efes spinner

efes is pretty much the only beer that i can get ere

I feel your pain.

Buzrael is a demon (Lovecraftian).

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Mine is a tribute to Douglas Adams, because he was just the coolest author of all time.
I almost used "osiris" because that was the first word I pointed to on a random page in the dictionary(which I find to be a very effective way of naming things!), but I decided to go with this one instead.

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

Mugetsumember
74 posts

Posted:
Trillian? Oh noes!

Is it hot in here, or was I just engulfed in flames?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Flashpoint = the required level of thermal energy required for any given element or compound to ignite and begin combusting. I was just thinking of a new cool name, and this one fits. I usually post or chat as Propane_Utopia, but thats crap.

Really Im called Peter, which means "Rock" in latin. I am everyones rock to which they bind their chains in dark times. I also go by the name "Booma" which I got in High School, after being consistently loud and disruptive in class, and the teacher went "We shall have to call you Booma, son", and it stuck. Despite my best efforts!!!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

BūzraelBRONZE Member
45 posts

Posted:
...is that a Zappa cover?

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
homemadeSA ... quite easy , no-brainner.... i make my own poi and staff's hence homemade , then the SA for South Africa , my native land. However i am changing my name to ... SAFE ... i think its pretty cool . acranim obvcourse , standing for ... South African Fire Entertainer... i think its a step up biggrin

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

CaMiLL(e_o)member
88 posts

Posted:
My name is my given name. But if you're interested it means "a witness to a sacrifice".

Go figure

>>>d(o_0)b<<<

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I stole my name from someone on EverQuest. It looked cool, so I took it ^_^

Soul Fire is a weapon in EverQuest, so I took that too.

Man, when I joined HoP I was an EverQuest geek! *twitch*

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Sakura is a Japanese flower (Cherry blossom in english) its a pink flower can be white and i think red also...never seen a red one though. Moon is emant to be serentity and calmness and all that stuff. But i got mine for an assassin thing me and my friends were doing for a party.

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

lexaBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
my name is my real name back to front Axel...Lexa

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Well last tyme i decide to have a spin, i was quite under the infulence *thats putting it lightly* and ended up wiv (you geussed it) half my head alight! thankfully on the beach so a nosedive later an im sorted...kind of lol

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
FRD was a suggestion other then henas @hotmail.com, so i chose that instead, and it kinda stuck...
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1098374670)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Mags is a contraction of my given name, Magnus, that has kinda stuck to me since i was about 15.

Magnus is the Latin word for big/great and was originally used as a suffix to another name in Norse cultures e.g. Olaf Magnus = Olaf the Great.

The Jedi bit started many years ago and is a Star Wars reference, not a reference to the Jedi set, most of which baffles me.

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
I had another name online, and i started visitng other places, wanting something that was similar but not identical. It eventually became meepettemu and got shortened to just meep smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

Hook's baneWill bite you (unless you tickle behind my ears)
188 posts

Posted:
Someone on HoP (i forget who exactly, but i think it might have been Hels) once made mention of a crocodile and i slithered in to investigate.

...tick tick tick....

*PiPeR*stranger
38 posts

Posted:
I was on a camp some mates started giving us all 'dominatrix names' - I don't really know why, I didn't think we were that raunchy a bunch of people! The formula for the names was *first pet's name* + *first street you live in*. So... I ended up with" Piper Williamson'... everyone else forgot their dominatrix names after a while, but for some reason mine stuck! Hence... *PiPeR* biggrin ('piper' and even 'Piper' or '*piper*' was taken, so I was driven to extreme artistic measures )

But my real name... 'Amanda'... means 'worthy to be loved' in Latin... you all should remember that ubblol

~*PiPeR*~

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
SINGEDPIPER...
umm...
lets see...
do i trust people with this info...
OK...

I'm a bagpiper, and I once spun fire at a highland games in my full regalia... everything was ok, and i was using unscented parafin, so the kilt and expensive paraphenalia was ok, but i did an arm wrap, and left permenant soot stains on my best white shirt... it washed out well enough that people only notice up close, but my singed nature is often commented on by our drum major.

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
SDLW are my initials seen as my name was already taken and it was all i could think of at the time

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Rovo (pronounced row-voe) has been my nickname since I was kid because my last name used to be Rovazzini. Even though it was really Joel but all along it should have been Bailey which it is now. (Long Story) Anyway even though my name was changed to Bailey all my friends and aquaintences still used that nickname. I just still use it cause it's always nice to have some confusion around your name. I have friends that only know me as Rovo or Chris Rovo and don't know my real last name. I fnd it hilarious when people only know me as Chris but they hear about someone called Rovo and tell me a story about me. ubblol

Peace, Love, Circles

c00kiemember
101 posts

Posted:
I just loooove cookies! Thought the name would be appropriate......(also my nickname) smile

Life is too short.....lets party naked!

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm a sheep who likes playing soul music at the bottom of wells. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Always wondered how you got your name DSS ubblol
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1098452788)

Love is the law.

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
well (on and off) i'm writing this story and the lead character's name is Zarkia - shes a spy / assassin and really cool.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
it was Charles that sparked the birth of Hook's bane by the way.

*slopes off hoping people don't notice what a HoP anorak he is*

Meh

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
Written by: zarkia

well (on and off) i'm writing this story and the lead character's name is Zarkia - shes a spy / assassin and really cool.

so secretly you wanna be her ???

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

twistedfirestartermember
53 posts

Posted:
ha ha mine is from a prodigy song i spinn too. I dunno i thought it was appropriate at the time. he he smile

~*~peace and trust takes years to build, yet takes only seconds to shatter~*~

I LUV FIRE!!newbie
11 posts

Posted:
uuhh well mines just sorta obvious...im a PYRO!! devil and all the otha names i tried were taken so i thought that seein as i luv fire i thought well why not??

all my friends think im a major pyro so i thought it was appropriate. ubbrollsmile

ethel the aardvark goes quantity surveying......

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
started using this name online a few years ago, as I was extremely lazy then, living next to Angel tube station and often told 'you're such an angel..'. Hence LazyAngel. But I almost used FNG, a nickname that sort of started in my first year at Uni.

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Page: