• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.
Page: 123...5

Total posts: 74
Posted:Yarrr... Hello all out there... I was wondering, What does your name mean? any siginificance? I'll go first;
Mugetsu: Made up of two kanji that mean "No moon" (Thats when I impress my friends by getting terrable burns!)

Is it hot in here, or was I just engulfed in flames?

Doc Lightning
Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor
Total posts: 13920
Posted:I like lightning. It's a cool phenomenon that makes flashes of bright, beautiful light in the night. It's a simple, easy-to-remember name. And I have a blinking EL glow wire suit that makes me look like a walking lightning storm.

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Total posts: 25
Posted:Sensuosa - To be of the sensuos nature. I find the art of poi and bullwhips and dance have brought to surface the sensuos spirit within me. Well..something like that

Total posts: 97

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien

Total posts: 455
Posted:mrFlibble is a hand puppet character from an episode of Red Dwarf.

Ash Blackstar
Ash Blackstar

Total posts: 177
Posted:Ash is the remains of something that burns, and I have been likened to a burning phoenix on several occasions, by some very good friends. Its also derived from Ashlyn, which is Irish Gaelic for Dream Quester

Blackstar comes from the Heraldry of the SCA kingdom of Ansteorra, which is my home kingdom.

Also, I just like the way it flows, and my good friend Sezurei says that Ash suits me

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

Pirate Ninja
Total posts: 3882

my name is aidan and my surname begins with p

original huh

Love is the law.

Total posts: 34
Posted:tidy is a hardhouse record label n ime a girl! smile

The people that matter dont mind, The people that mind dont matter.

Total posts: 465
Posted:Fuero is a semi-spanic sounding word that means fire, alsof like the way it rolls of the tongue.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

fake teeth and glue
fake teeth and glue

Checking who's online, watching you!
Total posts: 1972
Posted:fake teeth an glue: well it...you kind of...thing

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

Total posts: 42
Posted:dead:poet the name of me last band i was drummin in

easy ! ;p every days a festival!

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3899
Posted:mine is a combo of the first part of my first name (Vance) and last part of my last name. apparently also the name of some heavy metal band here in Germany (unfortunate coincidence, and I'm sure they pronounce it differently anyway).

my first name supposely means something like "thresher" or "resident of a windmill" in old dutch, but no one dutch has ever heard of the word and the last name Vance seems to be more of english/scottish/irish origin (there is even a Vance tartan and coat of arms). I was named after the airforce base I was concieved on, which in turn was named for an american fighter pilot ace and metal of honor recipient from the second world war.

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
Total posts: 6140
Posted:Mine was from the fact i had pink poi...so i called myself pink poi and my mate called herself pink flags. Then i got bored with the Poi part so dropped it for ...?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

remembers when it was all fields round here
Total posts: 2790
Posted:Spanner is what I was called at school, because it rhymes with my real name.

I use it here because it it means "One who, or that which, spans" and I use my (admittedly rather short) arm span to spin smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

Total posts: 26
Posted:skix- is just some bizzare name ive used as an alternate name since i was a kid, hehe no idea why?
but my real name -claire means "illuminous" as in the beauty of light- allways thought that was a kinda cool meaning:) sunny

did some one say they saw a flying purple people eater??

Total posts: 110
Posted:i odnt know what my name means... its just what my mom called me!

Total posts: 646
Posted:Sounds like hello and wiggles smile

Fuzzy Dice.......................................

Total posts: 1459
Posted:Faberg.... egg collector

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

now available in "advanced"
Total posts: 6086
Posted:Mine is taken from part of the name of where I live (known locally as "the Bird - Sanctuary" ) and partly to confuse people as to my gender (although this wasn't originally intentional!)

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
Total posts: 2723
Posted:SpitFire was given to me as a stage name by a very dear friend, who also happens to be one of the best fire breathers I've met....and one of the best performers I've known. The man has natural stage presence. People NOTICE him.

ANYWAY....he gave me the name when he introduced me as an honorary member of his troupe....and said the name matched my personality perfectly.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

activist for HoPper liberation.
Total posts: 1643
Posted:comes from my real name which is Rhiannon. Non is just one of the many variations of ways of shortening my name basically, but not many people know that so it seemed like a good version for the internet..... although you all do now.... not that it matters, i was figured out the first time i tried it, and couldn't see a point in changing it. As for the bizarre combo of capital letters, well that was just bad typing that stuck...

it also means no in french. but this piece of information is quite unrelated.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Toe Poking Bad Boy
Total posts: 2865
Posted:its my nickname, because i used to look like noddy

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Total posts: 3
Posted:well while tripping i thought everything looked like it was melting, like a melting world-melting being a stae of mind you realise as well , a state of affairs, i am also best on poi at this time and the maddhatter is one to be respected for being him -part of a very trippy film, and the words good ,i wear hats too and like tea. juggle

. . . " And for Christ's sake don't smoke that pipe at the stoplights. Keep in mind that we're exposed."
He nodded. "We need a big hookah. Keep it down here on the seat, out of sight. If anybody sees us, they'll think we're using oxygen."

.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
Total posts: 3776
Posted:well mine is totally original and creative...NOT!!! it's my name!! ubblol i was thinking of changing my display name actually...probably just to gita...it's the most used of all my nicknames!! (and i don't get called 'margarita' anywhere near as often!!) ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! grin it confuses people!

Total posts: 1433
Posted:My name used to be my old nickname at school cause apparently when people used to get me angry I used to give them this look that would freeze them in their tracks.

How do you change this thing???
Total posts: 1903
Posted:Well by dictiony.com, arsn has come back as "Did you mean ARSIN?"... which has nothing to do with my name, but Arson comes back as "The crime of maliciously, voluntarily, and willfully setting fire to the building, buildings, or other property of another or of burning one's own property for an improper purpose, as to collect insurance." Which just makes it sound bad... umm

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Total posts: 211
Posted:my nickname come from j.hendrix song...foxyladyyyyyyyyyyy...
i have this nick a very long time...7-8 years....

yes and 29....it is combination of my birth day..02.09. my friends idea...but from that time that number follow me everywhere where i go...so thats mean...

"yes,u are on good way,foxy!"

Total posts: 2444
Posted:Um i live in Bristol and i like poi?

Total posts: 99
Posted:Okay so Fleance is a charecter out of Shakespeares Macbeth.
He is the son of Banqout who is Macbeths oldest friend, who of course Macbeth has murdered.

My real name (Dave) means "Loved by all" or "Loved by god" depending on who you talk to.

I don't care who you vote for

Just don't vote for the guy who likes war, destruction and earning money over earning respect.

Fire Bunny
Fire Bunny

Total posts: 1260
Posted:coz i like bunnys... and i have lots o playboy bunny stuff rolleyes (i just like the bunny... no really its just the bunny)

when i got my playboy zippo (which i want to oneday put

<----- there)

i wanted to get it ingraved, but didnt no wither to get "firebunny" or "Pierobunny" then i signed up on here and typed firebunny in and thats what stayed.

my first name is Amanda which means: loveable, or worthy of love, or to be loved ubblove
not so sure about that tho... rolleyes

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

Total posts: 508
Posted:um.......um.....how original was I when joined up huh?

my yahoo id is high_with_my_friends which is after the top choon by feeder..

my REAL name andrew is from greek and means strong and manly which is a bit of a giggle cos i'm a wimp!

It's smashing to be back x

Page: 123...5