Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I just want to express my FRUSTRATION at universities that have websites that are IMPOSSIBLE to navigate.

how hard is it to find a simple undergraduate course guide on a university website? well bloody difficult with most!

no, i dont want to do a search; i want to see everything you have on offer.
no, i dont need advice on what to chose cos i have a rough idea and i just need to see what exactly you have within my rough idea.
no, i dont care what you have to say to sell yourself - SELL YOURSELF BY HAVING A COURSE GUIDE THAT IS EASY TO USE AND HAS MY DESIRED COURSE!!!

i know the course i want to do, but the system requires me to put in a number of preferences, and thats what i am trying to do now.
and annoyingly, my VTAC guide (the 'how to' book) only has the victorian universities, so it's off to the internet to check out the interstate one - cos i'm going to be 19 and have spent a year travelling in europe when i go to uni so i'm not too scared to leave home and go interstate - BUT ITS NOT THAT BLOODY SIMPLE!!!!! COS THERE ISNT A NATION-WIDE EDUCATION SYSTEM WHICH MEANS I HAVE TO APPLY IN EVERY STATE!!!!!!

yes, i'm having fun *ditzy smile*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
My cousin once told me that when choosing a university, "Look at people's shoes."

I have no idea what it means, but she raises a valid point. Most of the universities we consider have similar curricula and selling points. So choose based on where you want to spend 4 years of your life. Which has the best food? Best dorms? Cutest boys/girls? Whatever's important to you. That's going to make your experience or break it. The academics are...academic.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i found a university that has exactly the course i want! it was rather uncanny actually, cos on the way to a university expo, my friend said the perfect course for me would be a bachelor of languages...and at the expo i found a bachelor of arts (languages)!!! so i'm definately off there!

it wasnt my first preference for lifestyle, but its the only uni that has this course with the languages i want (there is one other uni in australia with the course, but not my desired languages)

and another thing is, in australia there is the "group of 8" which are the top unis in the country, with the best graduate employment rates (some places will only hire graduates from these unis).

my main concern is if i can row. but i'll work it out somehow!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...