Forums > Social Chat > The Usefullness of foreheads...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
The other day, whilst taking a munchies break from playing Timesplitters2 for the umpteenth time, i came across a dilema.

I had a big bottle of ribena in my left hand with 2 glasses, and a pot of nutella and a loaf of bread in the other.

As i went ot leave the room in the usual fashion (walking out of the door and turning the light off), i went to turn of the switch, only to find to my amazement, that my hands were full, thus meaning I would have to find a new way to turn the light off.

I stood there pondering for some 10 minutes before I realised that by moving my head forwards sharply, I would be able to strike the switch, mounted on the wall, at he right angle in order to turn it off.

I decided my plan was a good one and that i should try it...and guess what!!!!

It worked first time!

I then proceeded to return to my previous state of Timesplitering, and entered a room full of people who were all oblivious to the feat of cunning and skill I had pefromed not 20 seconds ago.

So in conclusion, light switches can be operated using your forehead, instead of your hands....and foreheads are very useful in general, otherwise it would be very messy.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
UCOF,
You have caused great misery today. I too recently suffered from "Full Hand Syndrome" whilst entering a darkened room and having just this very day read your post about the usefulness of foreheads thought I'd discovered a solution to a vexing problem.

Mr UCOF, I have dimmer switches.

As it was your idea that lead to calamity I insist you make an appearance at my abode to cook me a dinner to replace the one that slid off the plate once a critical angle had been reached. As I am a reasonable man I will let you off mopping up the glass of water...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I was wondering when somebody would raise this point actually.

However Dom, quite simply, if, as I guess you dont have, in the case of push on/ off / turn for brightness style of dimmer switch, one can still simply smack the button with the forehead.

However, if, as I belive this case to be, you are confronted with a turn on/ off with brightness functionality built in, simly grip the light nob in your mouth and rotate.

Ahem...

Infact...pretend you are isolating the switch with your mouth.

Try that, and report back.

smile

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
$10 says the water spills again...

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
In that case...

Try Isolating the glasses of water as you isolate the switch.

Either that, or simply put down the stuff in your hands and turn the light switch off with your teeth...

but then again... this does create the problem that you now have to pick everything up in the darkness. So turn the light on again, pick up the stuff, put the stuff down, turn off the light,.

Hang on...Ive found a problem.,....

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
hmm, yes. I'll go on the edge here, and suggest using your elbow?

And UCOF... Um wow. Your explination of the time bit confused me even more confused Alas, I thikn your plan has workd...

I think I need a lie down now...

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
No problem, I was turning the light on and therefore have excessive photons available for picking up things.

Annoyingly all the switches are push on of, except the living room which I needed yesterday.

I can also report noses are best for opperating remote controls.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
My Friend Eve know someone who plays his playstaion with one hand and his chin.

Not out of choice, but because he only has one hand.

And apparently he can kick anyones butt at any game...

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Urology Centre of Florida

However, if, as I belive this case to be, you are confronted with a turn on/ off with brightness functionality built in, simly grip the light nob in your mouth and rotate.
Ahem...

Infact...pretend you are isolating the switch with your mouth.

sounds like a sensible solution to me, but one would be advised to make sure the mouth is clear of excess saliva before performing this action otherwise unwanted electrocution may occur....

either that, or get some easier flippin' light switches biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Page: