Forums > Social Chat > The Usefullness of foreheads...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
The other day, whilst taking a munchies break from playing Timesplitters2 for the umpteenth time, i came across a dilema.

I had a big bottle of ribena in my left hand with 2 glasses, and a pot of nutella and a loaf of bread in the other.

As i went ot leave the room in the usual fashion (walking out of the door and turning the light off), i went to turn of the switch, only to find to my amazement, that my hands were full, thus meaning I would have to find a new way to turn the light off.

I stood there pondering for some 10 minutes before I realised that by moving my head forwards sharply, I would be able to strike the switch, mounted on the wall, at he right angle in order to turn it off.

I decided my plan was a good one and that i should try it...and guess what!!!!

It worked first time!

I then proceeded to return to my previous state of Timesplitering, and entered a room full of people who were all oblivious to the feat of cunning and skill I had pefromed not 20 seconds ago.

So in conclusion, light switches can be operated using your forehead, instead of your hands....and foreheads are very useful in general, otherwise it would be very messy.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I find my nose comes in quite handy at times like those (which is often as I carry my dinner out of the kitchen). I'll have to give my forehead a try next time.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
foreheads are also useful for tall people to figure out just how low any pesky beams or doorways are... ubblol

*teehee* not that i've done that a few times!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I found out that my forehead = a great doorstop too.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I found that in my job when I get a really painful phone caller the best way to counteract the pain from listening to their voice is to hit my head on the desk.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
you could also use you tongue to switch off the lights - then youd also get a refreshing buzz!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
The light switch is actually behind the fridge in our kitchen, so i think u'd prolly get concusion(sp?) before the ligth switch got turned off.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I'm glad to see University life has taught you a useful skill UCOF.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I have noticed that in male student houses there is always an interest in fixtures

My mate adam found that throwing arrorted objects which hit the light switch also turns off the light

In a student house there is always light reading situated in the toilet walls and silly magnect images on the fridge friges are cool ubbrollsmile

I have always wondered why we think rubbing the forhead enables you to think deeper

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
we were at my friend's hosue one night and in his garden there was a massive, and i mean MASSIVE cucumber (or was is a zuccini? no, i think it was a cucumber...) so one of my other friends (the doofy lovable silly one...we all know the kind!) decided to smash it on his head.

now this cucumber was this wide *makes circle with thumbs and fore-fingers* and over a foot long, and he decide to introduce it to his forhead...

he stood with his feet at shoulder distance apart, lent forward and brought the cucumber hard against his forhead...but it didnt break!

he shook his head as if in a daze beforere-adjusting his position.

the second time, he brought the cucumber to his forhead and the cucumber broke clean through at the point where it hit his head and the broken part went sailing over his head!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
UCoF I think this site will be right up your street! Enjoy but don't injure yourself!!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have been well aware of house gymnastics for around 2 years now.

I still do not have the balls to do a triple backflip from the roof though.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
*gathers a few people up to stretch out a blanket as a safety net for UCoF*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Cheers..

You ready down there?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
*gets distracted by a spider and wonders off*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*also gets distracted by a spider a wanders off*

skixgalGOLD Member
26 posts

Posted:
ive found my nose is an my way of pressing my lift button, always good when the hads are full:)
but i still havnt mastered an alternate way to put the key in my door and open it! ubbidea
although the whole throwing something across the room would be fun, but knowing me id break whatever i threw!

did some one say they saw a flying purple people eater??

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
In that case,

Try throwing Blu-Tack.

biggrin

Problem solved!

skixgalGOLD Member
26 posts

Posted:
ooo blu-tack
hmm looking around for stoopid giant ball of blu-tack that everyone should have in a home..
hehe found it!
hehe oh dam found a flaw in that plan, i have lousy aim!!! hehe

did some one say they saw a flying purple people eater??

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
if you have a big enough ball it would work ! and it will be left in a handy place so you dont loose it( stuck to the switch)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Written by: Urology Centre of Florida

I stood there pondering for some 10 minutes before I realised that by moving my head ...

... feat of cunning and skill I had pefromed not 20 seconds ago.

Hmm, time in UCOF land must pass very oddly.... Suddenly 10 minutes is in 20 seconds?? Huh!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
feet are the way forward

never underestimate the power of the foot

smile

the_melting_madhatternewbie
3 posts

Posted:
A_H , YOu must feel like some kind of genius, but if you are small then the nose will be at exactly the right height,
it remind s me of when i realised that if i needed to get up to get something and then 5 mins later remembered i needed something else i could just get both the things at the same time. . . w o w pure GeA nius
eek

. . . " And for Christ's sake don't smoke that pipe at the stoplights. Keep in mind that we're exposed."
He nodded. "We need a big hookah. Keep it down here on the seat, out of sight. If anybody sees us, they'll think we're using oxygen."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: OrangeBobo

Written by: Urology Centre of Florida

I stood there pondering for some 10 minutes before I realised that by moving my head ...

... feat of cunning and skill I had pefromed not 20 seconds ago.

Hmm, time in UCOF land must pass very oddly.... Suddenly 10 minutes is in 20 seconds?? Huh!

~ Bobo

Erm.... I stood there for 10 minutes....then did it*stattheclock!*and went upstairs and into the room*stoptheclock*...20 seconds...

i.e. It took me 20 seconds to get up the stairs.

wink

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Molly

feet are the way forward

smile

Indeed!! feet are well useful, of course in the majority of cases you need to master the art of standing on just the one of them, and unless you're a gymnast, don't attempt the lightswitches.

Foreheads ARE good for lightswitches, as are noses, however I have been caught out in the past by a couple which did not have a great enough surface area for hitting and/or are a bit tougher than your average switch. in that situation the only solution is to resort to an elbow or chin, given that there is a greater chance of missing with your forehead and headbutting the wall, and your nose is probably slightly too squishy to apply enough pressure to said lightswitch. If it happens to be a pullstring lightswitch, then teeth work great, but if it's in a toilet you may want to avoid this as you don't really know who's walked and who's washed, if you know what i mean....

how do i know all this? well it comes from years of experience of attempting to get places with numerous cups of tea or with some sort of crap (not literally, y'know paint or glue or newsprint or something...) all over my hands. it means my elbows are also pretty dextrous when it comes to turning on taps too.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I find that elbows are good for light switches too. And shoulders. Depends on what height the switch is at.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: NOn

Written by: Molly

feet are the way forward

smile

Indeed!! feet are well useful, of course in the majority of cases you need to master the art of standing on just the one of them, and unless you're a gymnast, don't attempt the lightswitches.

I can turn the lightswitches on and off with my feet down stairs in my house but not upstairs. When my house was rewired a very tall electrician did it. On the day he did down stairs I was present and pointed to where I wanted the swithches. The day he did upstairs I wasn't there............. He put them at GIANTMAN height. Two of them are above (my) head height. Bar doing a flying ninja kick I don't think I could reach them with my feet! ubbrollsmile

1,643 posts

Posted:
good planning! all mine are sort of normalish height but it's an older house so it has high ceilings and the lightswitches are slightly further up the wall... i did manage to do it a couple of times where we have those easy push giant switch switches, not whilst carrying tea though...

I've just been looking at the house gymnastics site! i think i've been inadvertantly practising for a while, but without the photographic documentation... perhaps I should turn 'pro'.... ubblol
The one thing that alarms me is that a few too many of their moves involve banisters - i can't do banisters, i can hardly lean on them normally without getting visions of the whole damn thing collapsing thus sending me plummeting to my doom....

BūzraelBRONZE Member
45 posts

Posted:

yea, i was just thinking the same thing. theres definately an unhealthy banister fixation.
I don't even have banisters, I live in a flat.

as for my forehead, that is exclusively used to break hard-boiled eggs.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
My feet can do light switches, but prefer showing off with doorhandles.

They haven't tried turning keys but could probably manage if unencumbered by shoes and socks.

hey, they can even tie their own shoelaces, well one at any rate...

and write smile (not type yet though)

clever feet

*pats feet on their, um, feet*

they're also learning staff adn a little bit of poi biggrin

1,643 posts

Posted:
foot poi?? wow!! gonna have to try that one, there's a whole new set of tricks to learn right there biggrin

Page: