Forums > Videos > New double wrapping technique with LED sticks

Login/Join to Participate

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone!

My name is Kael. I've been lurking on HoP and PiP for quite awhile. I post on glowsticking.com, because those are what I use. But I decided to give back a bit to HoP - so here you are. =P Anyway, enjoy the strange wrappyness. Uneditted footage.

Glowstring - Kael 2.19.04 (Direct link right click save as)

Gs.c forum discussion on video

More glowsticking goodness

Critiques on poi moves are welcome - though Bobo already gave me a 2 page handwritten one before she left for Germany =D

In case you have no idea what the hell I'm doing and want to learn, here you go - Glowsticking.com's duowrap discussion thread.

Wes aka mixinluv2u and Myron aka sonicalflair are my teachers, I owe them everything.

Cheerio!

EDITED_BY: KaelGotRice (1094325140)

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Nice vid man! I appreciate the slowness of your moves, rather than the uber faster less control look. Nice pulling round the neck moves, and those wraps while in a wrap. Are they duowraps of which you speak? Damn fine flow too, practically zero messups...

No how, you, toxic and wes/mixinluvtoyou have made me start to learn glowsticking...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
Thansk for the props -

Yes the wraps inside of a wrap are what we call duowraps... I figured them out by myself though wes tells me that they used to do it awhile back in Las Vegas. Never really seen anyone else use them though...

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

fraggleSILVER Member
94 posts

Posted:
great vid

LOVE IT

props

dance your cares away
worries for another day
so let the music play
down in fragle rock

Sensuosamember
25 posts

Posted:
After seeing my share of glowstick ravers swinging frantically in front of my face about to cause a seizure, I certainly appreciated the speed you paced yourself at. Being able to see the technical side of the moves really helps build the appreciation for this activity/hobbie/sport etc.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, me and knox were playing around with that one early morning, its really nice stuff! good work man.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Not only was the slower speed a nice change from the usual glow string vid but I also liked the fact that its an uncut routine also. Not something you see too often.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
i wish i had a faster connection so i could see the hyped up vid

fire leads to creation

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
just to add to the praise, very smooth, controlled. nice work wink

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
I liked the smoothness (but then again, I'm a poi person! smile), and the fact that theres enough light in the shot to see wots going on. Also the unedited thing gets my vote too smile

There were some things I'd like to see cleaned up, the hyperloops / airwraps for starters always seemed to end in the standard glowstick 'Oh sh*t they're tangled, quick pull em hard apart and keep going' technique.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
cool vid man!! More props for the lack of speed and editing reqd, makes for a real nice vid. Would have to agree with Josh on the hyperlooping tho, you really need to learn to exit or its pretty much a wasted move, it was the only pause of fluidity in the vid so I can't wait till you've nailed em biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
1,584 posts

Posted:
*shrugs

I weighted my LEDsticks w/ ductape to make them heavy enough to do isolations easier with. So personally I was glad to be able to attempt airwraps at all w/ sticks that are probably not weightbalanced.

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire