rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
hey! first off, to all yall HOP'rs reading this one: i saw sage and arashi spin last nite! i'm no fanboy but . i mean, f'it, i'm going to turn in my chains and just be a slaveboi. they showed up at our little practice session and (without warning!) threw down. then i had the honor of lighting up immediately afterward, i was so inspired by yall!

i'm copying this 2step vital cd for you (arashi), how do i get it to you?

much love all,

-matt

HOP cd exchange program? just a thought

[ 27 June 2002, 01:50: Message edited by: rftek ]

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Arashi ? Who's Arashi ?
is there a guy called Arashi on HOP ?

Now I want to see that crazy in the coconut guy spin too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
duder, i'm sooo down with the cd exchange action!man, i got so much amazing music comin outta my ears it ain't even funny! i spent like four weeks duplicating stuff from george, i got so much i haven't even heard half of it. ummm... maybe i'll see ya at the next session, or there's also the workshop sage and i are getting together in a couple of weeks... you'll want to come to the advanced class, i think
we're trying to get to a show in atlanta, if we get a ride situated it may bump that time to when we get back...
did you like that jazz/drum and bass that i was playing while we were going?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Hey, when are you guys coming to ATL??? I would love to meet you guys! I saw Tantien a year and a half ago in Charlotte, and you guys rocked! Email me with the details.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
cassandra:: abbreviations can be so confusing!

arashi: i'm so down with attending a workshop! are you coming to craft night next wed. to make flags with us?? you know you want to... maybe there'll be a lil somesome session beforehand...

i got that cd made! it took 2 reboots, 2 coasters later and all day but it's done. i finally had to go do some real work and started it with _nothing_ else running and it finally burned.
oh hey, you should totally come out one of these boring saturdays to the local ravebarn with me and i'll hook you up with the firegroupies.. hehe

peace

-matt

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
What do you mean "abbreviations can be so confusing" Rftek?

I know you weren't addressing me but she's my sister and I'm curious.

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
arashi, your water tribe grows!
You will take one hundred of your fire warriors and train them. This one hundred will train the thousands that remain. When the Audiogalaxy flow stops, all eyes will turn to Austin. The RIAA and Ali G himself will be forced to deal with us. 80 squid. Arrakis will become the center of the Universe.
makes me extra badly need to crash exploding TX fire scene!!
a wOOt to all!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
The worm is the spice....

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
SHHHHHhhh! SHHHhhhh! not in front of the outworlders!
/points in general direction of the toilets
You're not 'sposed to know until the 2nd DVD! keep ya waking dreams private! Lest the Honoured Matre Horde arrive from the Scattering, Then only Mirabella can save us!
wOOt! waiting for the Butlerian Jihad series to be released!
Learning about the Shortening of the Way and much better than the stoopid apocalypse in 'Left Behind', which seems to make a killing now, if you mind the pun.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
*almost wonders if she shoudl haev gone to college at austin... perhaps it's not to late...*

but no, i'm not giving up santa cruz, even for the austin fire scene.....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
man, i sure could use some honored matre mojo action right now...try to imprint my near celebate wimpy ass with a kiss, and i'll pull a duncan with my mighty makeout skilz...
rftek, fire groupies?!?!? hook me up, man!!!! do you mean the pulse warehouse out on 183?
and, no i don't mess with them wimpy flags, they're for sissies ...plus being the only guy in an all chick fire troupe, i have to keep up the testosterone level to balance things out, and to not get by butt kicked by a texas rancher after the show see the face, that's me being manly guess i'll go do some push ups/pull-ups now, and swim like a spider on the threads of time, to see the next raid plan for my fremen brothers...

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Correction: Fans can be for sissies, but not necessarily. They are way too cool looking for me to give up just because a "bunch of homosexuals" plays with them a lot. Be secure in your sexuality, my Brother! I have had more chicks come up to me and say "pretty!" when I spin them than any of my other toys so far. (And I have a lot of weird stuff in my bag.)

Anyways, off subject...and can't think of anything good to bring it back, so hell with it.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay before i freak anybody out, let me say that i am a sissy. really. i help old ladies across the river and everything.
and i'm secure in my sexuality. that's what the handcuffs are FOR, after all.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Rftek ... what did you mean by abbreviations can be confusing ???????????

I'm with Glowshow... Flags (not fans, though darling, they are flags on the picture you put ) So flags are a crowd (and lady ) pleaser !!!!!!!

And Arashi, when do we get to see you spin ? pics ? video ?

helping ladies cross the river or the street ? you weirdo you ?

shine on
Cassandra

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
ok, let me start everything off with a w00t!

cassandra/cantus:
"Arashi ? Who's Arashi ?
is there a guy called Arashi on HOP ? "
sorry, i abbreviated rockstararashi to arashi in my original post and then you said the above qoute, then i said abbreviations can be confusing. it's all good! don't hurt on me please!
i just want to dip'n'spin..

secondly: arashi, flags aren't gay! check out https://www.cforcesf.com/resources/flagmaking.html
oh wait, thats kind of a gayfriendly site. check out yahoo.groups.spinflags. oh wait, there's been all kinds of pride week traffic recently. erm, i'm not gay! my flags rock. you can spin em gay, i don't, i spin fast, jumping around, unless i'm in tight pants like i was on tuesday because i forgot my good spin clothing when i left the house so i was turning and spinning slowly when you saw (?) me spin the flags, spin things.

w00t! bender, you come to austin, you get here now! your posts about the aussie psy scene just really makes me want to go play at some doofs ver badly. we can do a fire person exchange program. yes, i'll crouch inside a can of whitegas and ship myself over there! it will be petroluem disassociative person smuggling operation #1, with the sniffing and the glaven.
oh yeah, i played with arashi's 3 sectional, that toy demands respect. to show nothing less is asking for a rapid barrage of pain and ouchies.

arashi: haha! you try to get out, and the groupies pull you back in everytime.. nowadays, the venue is across the street from pulse, ees called asylum. same scene, just different warehouse. rolling with the bass storm... there's always a crowd of little hotties just eating up the fire spinners, it's great entertainment. of course, these are all ages shows so beware ah, i love that place tho. that's my usual saturday night hangout, unless there's something a little better or a little (alot) cheaper.

peace all

-matt

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeah, see, the thing is, i usu. only go to parties if i get in free, only cause i can't afford anything else...one of those side effects of being a pyro freak that just works on stuff all day long... so i'd go to asylum if i could get in free, which is possible. most of the promoters in town know me. who is throwing those things, i had no idea it was every saturday! i might have to go work it, dude...age is irrelevant, you will be assimilated...we are the schmorgasBorg
let me say again that I AM A SISSY. that means i play with flags. i know you all are ready to defend yourselves since you are doing such a sissy thing , but i'm in the sissy club too. chicks dig effemenate guys. trust me. i even roll "balls" around my body. if that ain't gay nuthin is . i kissed a guy once, does that make you feel better?
oh, and the vid thing...we have been reather notorious for not being in this century yet, we're almost there...aside from the fact that i am camerashy, i like my soul just where it is, thank you, we don't exactly exist in the babylonian realm of "advertising" and "public image"...we have been going on word of mouth for like 8 years now... course i'm 1/2 of the team trying to get the website together, and here i spend all this time on this friggin HOP... as soon as the web site is done, you will all experience the vast empire that is tantien, and the austin fire scene!!!
we have a fremen army, all right, there's got to be like a hundered at least, how prophetic...

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
sissy stuff:::i'm afraid! hold me! i have this whole afraid of being perceived as being gay thing going on, it all started back when i was shrooming (zooming) balls and my friend started messing with my head. uh. yeah, it was much more innocent than that sounds. so, where'd i get that chocolate? doggy dropped it.

haha! work it baby, work it. the groupies exist to be groupified, y'all know what i'm saying?

damn i want to rock on this post for a couple paragraphs but work calls. peace yall

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
She was just joking kid. We are very much aware of who Arashi is. We are omnipresent ish ...

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
dun feel bad man, many people who take hallucinogens question many things - your sexuality included.
The revelation and turning point in my life was when i met god/everyone and then questioned why existence was a while bunch of discrete points(individuals) rather than one big being. the answer was the fault in the question!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh and cass, yeah i was swimming at the spring here in austin (austin has a vast network of springs and rivers, we have a big creek running through the land where the school will be) and this old lady walked up and said "hey you look like a strong young man" and asked me to walk her across so she wouldn't slip and break her hip. i thought of course of the classic boy scout scene. imagine a freaky wirey lookin guy with rainbows of stripey dreads and piercings all over his head and big burns all over his arms holding an old lady's hand as we slip slided across. so classicly good blooded american i could burst. (i cut my foot and didn't even know it! friggin hurts now!)

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
So what exactly is the difference between fans and flags? I know here they have been called flags, but traditional flags have poles, right? Are fans the smaller version? (like 1/3 the size?) I am confused...not a far stretch either, let me tell ya. I have heard both versions around here. I know that the gay dudes call them "flags," but the strippers at Myrtle Beach (my second home during the summer) call them "fans."

Oooh! Wait, I think I just answered my own question...fans are the things with the spokes in them to hold them open, right? But I like saying "fans" more. Argh! It's late, I'm going to bed.

Oh, and I was joking about sexuality! Never feel like you have to explain yourself! Hell, Arashi! You have spun fire with half-naked women more times than I could ever dream of! It sux that so many people attach flags to homosexuality. I have converted several spinners to them! They just look too cool to pass up!

"Nah, man. Flags are for gay dudes."
::glowshow's pretty, iridescent flags in action::
"Hey...would you mind if, uh...if I tried those out...for just a second?"

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
bender:::thanks for the kind words! when you get to texas we will definetly be doing the dew, you'll get a good taste of the lonestar state.

glowshow:::you did answer your own question! when i refer to flags i'm talking about the rectangles of silk with weight on two sides. except in a couple martial arts movies i've never seen anyone spinning flags with poles. didn't they do that in high school marching stuff also? fans have the ribs/are rigid. i'd like to pick up some fighting fans, they're coo. very loud when you pop them open.

have you ever tried flags that have ballchain swivels on them? i sew a couple inches of ballchain with the A connector onto the edge where you grip the flag (8" up from end of the long weight side). attach a hand harness and your ready to rock. i have a couple sets rigged out like that, it lets you spin by your side, do full weaves,etcetc. good times. peace yall

[ 29 June 2002, 02:10: Message edited by: rftek ]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I have bben putting together different experimentations with flags for about 9 months now. I finally found the perfect material (see picture) for visual effect, but unfortunately it is way too thin to do much more with. I tried to make a set a few months ago that would incorporate handles with swivels and clips at the end to attach lights, but I screwed up a little and they never got finished. Oh, well. I want to make a pair with handles and multiple clips, but make them about 2-3 times the size of the ones on the picture. I have an incredible idea for the design, I just haven't had enough cash lately to go out and buy the material. And it is hard to find material that comes off the bolt wide enough to do something that big. I don't want to have to Frankenstein the pieces together. When I get them done, I will post a couple of pictures. So far, I haven't heard of anyone doing what I want to do.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
hey matt
i did indeedy gots a hookup to go to asylum...
there's a party i'm gonna be at beforehand, my buddy is shipping off for the peace corps, so's i might not be able to, depending on how late it goes...in my crowd it's a late thing...it might be REAL late i mean, like 4 or 5, or it might be blah, dasai, mejor bore, we'll see...plus i've been sweatin like a pig doing construction all day for a while ( friggin farmer's tan just ruined my burnished bronze godlike aura)(jk) so i might not do much spinning but i'll show up and get schnoinkered
so probably i'll see ya tonight!

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
editeditedit
weehoo, i'm going to be at asylum tonight! good times, i was afraid i wouldnt' be able to dance this weekend. but it's on now! hope to see yah out, don't know how late i stay up, it depends look for the flags fire or glow, you never know. peace

[ 30 June 2002, 07:54: Message edited by: rftek ]

4,224 posts

Posted:
Rftek, no problemo , now I understand

Arashi, taht's such a moving story, darling ... but come one now ... ADMIT you did think of drwoning her, even for just a second... a bit like in the "Fish called wanda" when he tries to kill that old lady ... ADMIT IT

LOL

And who's Arashi ?????

shine on
Cassandra

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
"arashi is a dung wiping stick" (patent pending)

6,978 posts

Posted:
I am arashi's medula oblongata.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Kinky

Meh

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
"some funny and intensely poignant comeback, something about i am jack's complete lack of a medula oblongata"
anyway guys i will (mostly) be out of touch for a week or so, tomorrow i'm going to visit my dying grandfather. oh boy. death has come to visit me, and i think he's become comfortable, cause he seems to be hanging around. goddammit his feet stink and i don't know how to broach the subject with him. and he doesn't do his dishes. death is a dirty self righteous hippy. i've been doing (mostly) okay, transmuting into zeal and creativity through all of it, but i'm mostly afraid of the emotions that the whole family will be going through, and my empathic waterfall of a response...i've never done this before...until about a year ago i had only experienced my own deaths(rather near deaths), never another close to me, and never in a family situation... s'gonna be rough. NEVER forget, life is short! so get out there and burn something, or make slow hard hunky love to your boobear, or at least read dune again! what are you doing sitting here reading this depressing thread? go go GO!
i'll be at the big burning man-type party in atlanta this weekend, with bells on, if anyone's in the area...i've got some SERIOUS experience sculpting and shining to do, not to mention psychic trauma to burn away, so watch out! woot woot! pyro's got a match!