Forums > Videos > the spinach sessions..*New Vid; 6 march*

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
so here ya go.

after several months of slack hype, here are the spinach sessions; filmed and edited at just the right moment to enter col5. which i didn't. hmmm.

some points to note:

i can't sort out the slo-mo censored-ness. sorry.

ross does loads of lovely airwraps and tagles and hyperloops. why he chose to display only 4 of them on fim i know not.

yes, steve is that silly most of the time.

no he is not steve as in 'the steve'.

these videos are also on bluecat.tepookatoys.com

and thanks to:

meg, andy, sofie, phyllis, gauri, marcus and all the lovely pooks with whom i (used to) share my life hug

enjoy

with much love

R

normal procedure of right click and save or the gods of In-ter-nettee(somewhere near abu-dhabi) will murder you in your sleep.

spinach sessions 1

spinach sessions 2

spinach sessions 3

And here is the 4th one, on gootube:

More spinach please

and the newest :

The lost leaves

EDITED_BY: bluecat (1173191038)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Great stuff, looks like I'll have to practice more

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Nice one rob biggrin I have been looking forward to this one for a while wink

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Damn!!!

Who the hell is tapping into my brain and stealing all my original moves? Hehe, seriously, all the new stuff Ive been working on in the past month or two is on these vids. In fact, just today while I was at work I was working out those butterfly stalls you do in the last 30 secs of vol.1 in my head. I definately need to get my ass over to UK next year and hang out with yas. Its crazy how similar our styles are.

Anyway, great vids Rob. Well worth the wait. Will add these to my daily video watching routine among all yer others.

PS - Anyone else think Rob looks a lil like Glass with the new doo? ubblol

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
nah, Rob's head is bigger, I was thinking Henry Rollins fer some reason biggrin Nice work!!, still have yet to see the third vid.

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
1. i thought about the drew resemblance too. infact when wearing a tight orange t-shirt and top hat i AM glass!

2. thanks guys. wish i was poi inspired at the moment to make a new vid. or if only i'd filmed the week of graz. would have had sooooooooooooooo much amazing stuff from so many people. grrrr.

3. global conscience? yu ought to meet s-luke.

hugs
R

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I loved the poi work. The videos were a strange combination of technical poi and friends messing around. I loved gimmicks such as the butterfly in the teeth and the poi w/ ridiculously short strings, but I loved the tosses and isolations you guys did more.

Flowers - I can only dream of doing them with glowsticks. Good job!

And I suppose I'll see you on PiP. biggrin

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
That was lovely Rob.

smile

Very well done!!

I was watching to see if you do a trick type thing....thankfully you didnt...so it will be on Student Stupidity 2 ..ooops... *zips mouth*

hug to all of you up in the 'burgh, with a sharp *poke* for T.A.P - tell him to do speed editing on the Glastonbury. biggrin

More silly moves, more rancid smelly cheese and more herbacious borders next time please.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok, apart from these vids being as cool as they are ubblove giving much respect mit props etc....I have something to report........
I managed to download SS2 at, now get this, a max speed of 984kb/sec eek Now I dont want to make any claims of incomparable dl speeds or nuffink but at the end thenlittle box says downloaded 24.4mb in 31 sec at 808kb/sec. I think something is afoot.....or perhaps a leg....or perhaps not even a limb but something is definately afoot. And it works, it works fine and dandy. Explanations anyone? I'm downloading at work (now I'm allowed to wink) and usually average around 40kb/sec.

ish shtrange.......

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I got more or less the same custom, mayeb even a bit faster, I think i got an actual rush watching it download

Love these videos mr bluecat, though the girls here in ireland may lament the loss of your hair... i've heard talk.

These vids makes a me wanna play poi.

nice one

Love is the law.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
*raises eyebrow...*

UCOF i think you'll find T.A.N is still in lunnon. but glasto back with us, final version here this week. ubblove

smiles
R

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ooooooooh ubblove

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Absolutely amazing video! Once I'm able to spin again I'll head directly outside and spin my arse off, trying to halfway kinda sorta be able to start doing one or two of the tech-moves in this vid. Added to my all time favorites for sure, thank you so much!

Okay, now I'm confused: The first time I watched the video I thought I remembered seeing what the songs were in the videos the first time I watched them, but now I don't see them. Am I going crazy? Probably. But I'd love a songlist if at all possible smile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
absolutely lovely - especially catching the poi at the end of the staff like that. and excellent waltzing tecnique ubblol

i loved some of the contact combos. many more ideas to play with!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
nice vids guys, they really do make you want to go out and spin!

I've been re-inspired with poi lately, and since watching these, I can't go anywhere without them and if I'm sitting still I'm itching to be playing again - it's been a while since I was this inspired, cheers Rob kiss

- you've got that anti-spin down to an art!
Right I'm off to play!

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
tehee! thats exactly what i was hoping for. getting others out to play is a long term hobby of mine smile

there's a song list hidden in the third one. but you won't find it cause its white on white(not quite sure why) at the end. was meant to be normal. hmmm. i'll find out hwhat the tunes are and pass them on; they were all taken from a dj set done by a guy i'm in a band with, so i don't actually have the names here.

antispin a bit better now, only one antispin thing in the vid and it was a bit sloppy tbh. but now i've nearly nailed the reverse of that one, also weaves starting to come together. and antispin releases being enjoyed right now too....(thanks steve)

enjoy
R

(ps will have time to make new video at or soon afterknockengorroch , one of our fave festivals of the year, which'll be awesome as ever and have a huuuuuuuge fire show....

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
ok, back from the park, need help with antispin, but the search was pretty fruitless, basically there is (so it seems) no way to keep your arms straight as you extend, how/when/what/where eh? when do you extend/bend your arms to keep it in plane and looking good?

confuzzled.

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

Elliotnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
What version of WMP did you use? I'm using WMP9, & getting codec download error.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
You need the DivX codec.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Elliotnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks Icon & thanks R, quality video's. smile

Sensuosamember
25 posts

Posted:
most awesome videos. Thank you very much. For you loverly poi addicts out there, when in confined spaces and need something to do with your hands (get those dirty ideas out of yer minds) try Astrojax...fun stuff.
Boo

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
laura: you can keep your arms straight. i was just not as good at it then. it takes practise i guess.

oh yes and forgot to mention to everyone that i t would want the divx codec. apologies..... thanks icon.

Rob smile

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
I dl'd the first one today and oh lordy! lovely stuff mate. Really digged the body movement too - great to see.

loads of stuff to play with in there.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i like this smile its silly....

and veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrry green

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Finally got to watch the spinich from end to end eek

Stunning stuff guys, thanks for putting this together ubbrollsmile

Love is the law.

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm spinach nice.... hmmm tasty

nice worky guys, good to see you keeping up the cheese from graz. and a vid from there would have been awesome, think that jim bob is sending vids out after the pics. U mention a s-luke earlier, could the s be for slack and refer to me in any way hmmmm?

Ninjas NEVER give up!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
ya think
hug

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
I'm never gonna live down the slackness i showed at that week in Graz, damn my genetic lazinness!!!

These vids have inspired me way too much, think i'll have to post my own vid soon, i'll try and keep up the cheese theme though!

Ninjas NEVER give up!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
I know... move to Edinburgh.
Everything is relative and so you won't seem nearly so slack up here as we all did amongst the super-gut organisation of infire.

*nods fervently*

Look forward to a S-luke video with extra cheese, and an impending visit?
bounce2

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
Hmmm visit is impending but not likely to be in the near near future frown . Let me know if anything funky is happening towards the end of the year and I'll try to get there, and it'll be good to be surrounded by people as slack as me

and the video may take a while, with the slackness and all...

Ninjas NEVER give up!

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
amazing, as usual blue. bows down to your staff mightyness as well. are the georgia tepooka guys as good as you? would like to see them spin as well. and they are closer to me than you, but that doesnt keep me from wanting to come see you guys in person. keep up the good work, you keep inspiring me to whack myself with my stick more often!!
peace! peace

Page: