Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Yukon Poi Group's first public performance

Login/Join to Participate

hogasmBRONZE Member
stranger
27 posts

Posted:
Note to self, post message of first public performance on HoP website before actual performance date. redface

A week of Mondays?BRING IT ON!!!

hogasmBRONZE Member
stranger
27 posts

Posted:
We did our first fire performance and well, we sure learned alot. First, excess fuel is an excellent lubricant on a wood stage. Dang! Second, make sure the cheque is made out to you instead of "Fire Poi Guys". Third, music is the food of love so play on!
My shirt caught fire for like 2 seconds from the excess fuel (yes, we have a spin bucket) and it went out right away. phew! I'll tell you, the great thing about being the first fire spinners here is none of the city or fire officials can't panicky. I asked if I could spin fire during a territory wide fire ban and they said "no problem". The folks up here are so great! They love the fire spinning and only encourage us more. *sigh*. Have I found the best place on earth? No, only the most tolerant.lol

A week of Mondays?BRING IT ON!!!