Page:
Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I think I'm gonna attach some knives to the bottom loops on my cathedral wicks that are attached to my fire ropes.. (=

Just for an added level of danger......

plurr
Max

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
i like the thought of steel wool rope with knifes on the end, but uh, what happens when the steel wool breaks???

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
You'd have to time it so that the steel wool breaks just as you're on an upswing with both poi so they fly straight up - then you have someone throw in a third and you start juggling

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Yeah yeah!! Fire and blood! Hey at least if you do manage to cut yourself the blade will prolly be hot enough to seal the wound so you don't need to worry about any hospital trips Just pray you don't get hit in the nuts.

GET PICTURES!

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Quoting a friend on the difference between insanity and stupidty:
KnaGii: insanity you deserve to get hurt
KnaGii: stupidty it's just sad if you get hurt lol

------------
I'll certainly get pictures. However I think it would be better if small cages with steel wool in them, attached to a chain would work better.. (=

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I make chainmaile so armor wouldnt be a problem, heavy as hell but not a problem. Hmm I wonder if you could put something on your blades to prevent it from sooting up.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
try non-stick cooking spray!
mmmh. bright knives and buttery wounds! '

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
is that flesh I smell burning???

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
No, I left the stove on. I was actually cooking some lunch.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Guns don't kill people,
the holes that the bullets leave kill people!

Many people find firetwirling sexy cus it's frikin dangerous at times. CrD is simply expanding on that danger - and he's made it clear that he's got a serious plan to approach it. good on him.
My self, I'm planning to spin raw beef pieces on a 6 foot giant shish-kebab as I'm trapped a tiger cage full of hyenas suspended on a rope over a nuclear powerplant in Kreblachistan as Terry Lynn Barton sets fire to the rope, while an overhead hydrogen filled blimp with a drunk pilot unloads 50 starved hammerhead sharks that have been trained to wheeze the Senegal national anthem.

I will be performing the fowards weave.
wOOt

The only way you can take my firestaff away from me if you pry it away from my cold engine start.
or say pretty please.
Is Cali a girly?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Sorry gang but I agree with CRD and Ray, and no I'm not a total nutcase.
I like the knives idea, at the end of the day we do spin large flamey objects round our heads for our own reasons. Mine are the adrenaline rush, and the performance factor. I probably wont go as far as attaching mini chainsaws to the bottom but that's largely because I'm not all that good.
When you have knives, fire or whatever, you generally tend to do what you know you can do with your comets so you don't set fire to your head, so knives probably wont be a huge amount different. As long as you don't turn round and say "I only did it because CRD told me to" and try and sue the ass out of the discussion board, then it's all down to you.........
Interesting to know whether it would soot them up that quick, if so then obviously it isn't worth doing anyway but hey......(and don't do it with a razor sharp butterfly knife or something.)
Fire Blindfolded.....I like it, I like it a lot...(Best Ace Ventura Voice)

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
CrD had better bring these knife-contraptions on the 4th..

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Umm, if the knives are hanging from the bottom of the poi heads...the wouldn't soot up hardly at all, would they?

I like the knife idea, but I incorporate way too many wraps to practically enjoy this added danger. However...double-headed towel-wick poi, on a 16" chain, with the end wick made from two towels, with wraps!!! And blindfolded (but not in this picture) Now that's my idea of a good time. Oh, and how about a nice stall for added sense of danger? (BTW, these pics are just doubles...the triples I use a lot are even more insane! I'll post those when I get a chance)

[ 29 June 2002, 06:23: Message edited by: glowshow ]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
glowshow, I was checking out your pictures and I was looking at the one that said you held your stall for 4-5 secs...How do you accomplish holding a stall? I thought a stall was when you are spinning one direction, and you make them "stall" in the air before going the opposite direction..?

awesome pics tho..I like insane amounts of fire too.. (=

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Are you like that person in James Bond that can't feel pain or something?

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Kinudin, Didn't anyone ever tell you not to play with fire in cardboard boxes??? (=

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Hmm...by stalling, I meant wrapping and then holding it for a second before I recoil the wrap. A stall is also what you were talking about. I guess this was just a wrap stall. Or is there another terminology for that? I just figured since the poi stop and hang in mid-air for a couple of seconds that they were stalled. Correct me if I'm wrong. The poi wrap underneath from behind and over the top and hang there for a second.

Here is another example:
Here is a jumpy combo...
that winds into a wrap...
and then stalls out for a sec.

Anyways, thanks for checking out the pictures. And Kinudin, I think I am more like "Cowboy" from "Innerspace"...

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

2,905 posts

Posted:
Takes bong, crack pipe, and 7 other drug related items from Bender, and sticks him in a home for the criminaly stupid!!!

No more drugs for that man!!

2,905 posts

Posted:
I could make chainmaile chapps that would prevent cuts on the leggs. Heck I could make whole pants!! 6 in 1 pateren 3/4 inch diamiter rings.... I have about a 6 month period where I aint doing much to work on em and more ideas.

Yep thats right Raymund Phule is deploying AGAIN!!! Gone for 6 months, home for 6 months and now gone again!! Thats life though got to make the best out of it though!!

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
quote:
yeah, knives, yeah...uh...
let's talk more about kali's boobies!
ROFL.....This is why I miss logging on here when I'm traveling.

Great pictures, glowshow.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:

Thanks!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
glowshow is my hero!
effin spectacular bro!

and ray, can i at least get my glowsticks back?!?!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
:blushes:

2,905 posts

Posted:
Kinudin that was Jaws. Ya know even Jaws gets a girl. See thats why I love Bond movies

[ 02 July 2002, 05:13: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Page: