Page:
s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
it seems that they're unavoidable! the space left when I stopped a drug addiction has been filled by an addiction to fire twirling. its all i can see when i close my eyelids at night, the yellow/white patterns moving around. when i stare at an ant's nest and see the masses of eccentrically moving ants, the pattern reminds me of some huge complex 128-flamed poi move or something.are there support groups for this? =)

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oh there's definetly such a thing as positive addictions ellie. but addictions they are, nonetheless, and even a positive one can become negative over time.... i'd like to think spinning isn't going to!btw, cantus, that little graphic is awesome where did you get it?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You can get pictures like that (and some much better ones) if you click here

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*all Ros's aches and pains flitter away never to trouble her again* smile smile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I would like to announce that I am completley addicted to Potatoe. Yup. I love Potatoe. Thank you for your time.

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Potatoe? Ever since I started reading posts in people's accents I'm having real difficulty understanding some people smile

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Addiction is spending every moment you have at skool on either the HoP website or turning offf the lites in some bathroom in of the skool and pulling out some LED poi...*looks at watch to see hasnt touched a glowstick in six minutes. Kaos begins to go into a fetal position as he slowly descends into glowstick withdrawal*shit, my teachers coming and im supposed to be doing chemistry work instead of this,,,,better submit it quickly...------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAmy mom just took away all my glowsticks and poi shit cuz she caught me spinning instead of studying!!!!so I tied two pencils to headphone wires and spun like that...I think i need to seek help for this ------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
What? go on HoP during school? I would never... wink not like right now or anything... and i finally foudn a use for things like "activety period" and "homeroom"... grin

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Potatoes? Well, I guess oyu could find a way of attaching them to sting and spinning them!True- some addictions are good! I like this addiction - it's startin to cost me more money now tho as I want to buy more different poi to play with.. that's not so good - the money I mean *signs as she looks at the big fat zero on bank statement!*But I guess we're all addicted to something - I'd prefer 2 B addicted to this than something a little more harmful. keep it reale*

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
ok...while we're on the subject...i have always wondered something....is it possible to get addicted to therapy?just a thought....------------------'' not all who wander are lost'' J.R.R. Tolkien'' its better to burn out...then to fade away'' Def Leppard

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
I was thinking that as I wrote my last post...I guess you probably can,... well, maybe not addicted - but definitly dependant on it, if there's a difference. I think there is a difference,

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
My spinning addiction was so high when i first started, i'd do shadow poi in the shower.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Don't start the damn shadow poi conversation off again. Please.

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
An addiction is "The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something" so you can be addicted to anything really. Addictions are only bad if they're a major crutch in your life and emotional stability or overly damage you.ellie, having a desire to own different spinning toys can seriously affect the bank balance. Trust me on this one smile So I make a lot of mine. Cheaper, and you get a custom built set of toys to play with!Spinning potatoes could hurt! Unless they were baked well and you were spinning them to soften up the insides, then add butter, bacon, melted cheese and pepper. Voila! Poi Potato!

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I wasn't that addicted to poi when I first started them but having taken up staff about a week ago _ now thats different. Stole my cleaning ladies mop to make the staff - hmm, now all I need is to attach a flint or bronze spearhead to the end and a couple of strings of feathers..... hmm. been spinning it every day. Hey heres another question along these lines. Has your addiction to poi or staff carried on even though you've done yourself damage? A freind of mine cut his hands to buggery spinning so much, but just encased his hands in elastoplast and carried on. ------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
lol, ya shadow poi wink------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've gained some nasty looking bruises in the last few days Spiral.And my electroglos used to bite me when i first got them. But I've not been put off yet.And I saw two lunatics get their firechains wrapped round their wrists at poi in the park on devonshire green a while back and that didn't put me off either....

Meh

Page: