Page:
s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
it seems that they're unavoidable! the space left when I stopped a drug addiction has been filled by an addiction to fire twirling. its all i can see when i close my eyelids at night, the yellow/white patterns moving around. when i stare at an ant's nest and see the masses of eccentrically moving ants, the pattern reminds me of some huge complex 128-flamed poi move or something.are there support groups for this? =)

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Me, addicted? You must be joking. I certainly don't pine for my staffs whenever i'm seperated from them for more than about 8 hours! That'd just be silly.And I definitely don't wander round people's houses and butcher their mops and brooms to make staffs when i stay at their places...a-n-dI hardly ever go on and on about spinning fire to the point that people go out and find me a staff to shut me up!Nope, nope, nope.Never happens. grin------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
and i didnt scrounge change out of my couch the other night to go and buy fuel either...[This message has been edited by pozee (edited 23 October 2001).]

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
PozeeOh so it was you... I was wondering where that money went wink

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
dude, i dont know what you're talking about, it wasn't me, no really it wasn't me... wink

anyone got a light?

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
NYC that makes you a sole-proprietor. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Oh I don't have a problem! wink

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
thats called denial jedi...

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
NYC that makes you rich...

anyone got a light?

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Who's got kero? I can smell it!

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
NYC.. I am affraid that makes you a "greedy fucker" according to "poi positions" 's lovely politically correct way of thinking wink But according to me, that makes you the kind of teacher I'd have *loved* to have quite a few years ago !!!!Pozee... you are really addicted !!!!Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
on the combined subjects of fire addiction and student fire clubs... the fire club/pyro support group at my old school was called O.P.A. it stood for otherworldly pyromancers anonymous wink

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
All I did was add to a thread that hadn't been touched since march!Can anyone remember the look on someones face when they first did fire? It makes you go giddy!I keep looking at the headphones on the computers at work. hm------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
"Teacher you would have loved" Cassandra? "Pleeeease don't staaaaand so close to me" my little Lolita. winkAnd no, I'm neither "greedy" nor doing the other lovely word you called me. Actually, there's been a noticable lack of that around here lately. Perhaps that's the problem. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

stickyfishmember
39 posts

Posted:
sticky fish like this page smile

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Actually, I spot some NYC/Cassandra flirting in this thread.

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
Pele- the pet shop thing- been there!!!as i don't have fire toys all i can say is that i am addicted to poi.if by chance i don't bring my poi to a party i find myself doing poi moves without poi!!!kewl!!wicked moves others haven't seen before- or they think im crazy... not sure about that...
Non-Https Image Link

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
I know how this is... You know that your addiction has reached a new level when you are riding in your friend's car and you look at the temperature adjusting knob and see a blue and red guage. You then claim that they look like 2 poi in a revers butterfly. Your friend then looks at you and says, you need to be cut off smileMatt------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
We worked on Penjalum's (i know, my spelling's bad.) in science today and I compared the weight of the... weight at the end of a string to the weight of my 2 strings with 3 glowsticks on each.My friend glared at me then busted out into a performance I've been planning. (To put a short story even shorter, we got strange looks).Kinudin wink

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Addiction....it is not an addiction... my play director yelled at me to stop spinning the other day and put on my costume and i had actually already gotten another member of the cast to go and fetch it for me... I put it on in the back of the auditorium and kept spinning till they called places. And I havn't even been doing it very long.But I guess I know what you mean about the drugs splat i didn't have a drinking problem really but it was definetly a would be problem and i'm finding a lot of release in spinning I just go outside and play when i am feeling stressed (there's no room in the house)It gives me a lot of strenghth I didn't think i had anymore. I'm really impressed that you got over it splat I know so many people that havn't.Kudos to Hitokage and Whiffle Squeek for giving this wonderful addiction to me!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And then there were 3....

Meh

Kaosmember
11 posts

Posted:
My problem is that I picked up poi and staff in Australia shortly before moving back home to Canada. Of course I didn't have room bring any toys with me (that and flying through LA with anything more threatening then a wet towel gets you stripsearched these days). So I've been living without toys for over a month now.One day walking home from the store I realised I had a shopping bag in each hand and before you knew it I was swinging milk and bread around my head. Pool cues and brooms are irrestistable toys when I come across them. I need to build myself a staff and poi soon or I'm going to be in BIG trouble.=========================- K.A.O.S.

ishkasallymoBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Hey there, i have suffered intense loss in my college work and other aspects of my oh so fulfilling life since i have taken up poi..... what frustrates me the most however is the constant desire to be better than before...... every time i seem to find i can do a new move i just want ot do more, satisfaction is hard to find.....sally.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I am as addicted to poi as I ever have been, but slowly but surely I am learning staff and and having to come to terms with yet another addiction....(the repeated brutal beatings I'm recieving as a result are somewhat offputting though.....)

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I used to have these loooooong acid trips where the whole time I could see these fire-balls spinning round and round and round in my head. I would be talking to someone and all I could think about while I was talking was poi.I have no idea what those conversations were about to this day.. I've been told it seemed like a random stream of consciousness, as in I was just talking aimlessly for hours. But thats how I talk normally too! smile

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
im addicted to changing the config of my poi. i'm constantly modifying length, grip, ect, and i'm not sure that i can keep it much longer... fading away...must... find... new... ways...*dies with a sigh*------------------Just a Thought... Ignore it if you wish...

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

utilitydeamonmember
33 posts

Posted:
Hey, i think im addicted... I rarley let my poi out of my arms length unless i have to, or forget that i dont have them. Whenever i can, i just pull them out and start spinnin. ------------------visit salinecarnies.com!im poiboy on the site!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Good eye Dom... wink It's kinda weird having a good chunk of our courtship saved on disc. The "old love letters" of yesteryear become the "old love emails" of today that couples will someday bore their grandkids with. I guess that's what you get for hookin' up with a hot chick you meet on the internet. smile I may have to go revisit that "bumpin' uglies" post of a while back...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*Inkeeping with Dom and NYC's off topic ramble*Ros, you got any bruises from your staff spinning you need kissing better? wink------------------C@ntusMusic grows in the rose, rock and the rain and the blowing snowstorm,Everything seems to sing, everywhere I go,I say 1, 2 play me do,Let me sound as sweet as you,Play me wide, play me long,Let me be your song.

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*blush*blush*blush*(I guess this is the one you were talking about then.....).....but I would be lying if I said I don't wink

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
In that case I offer you my services in that capacity.
Non-Https Image Link

Meh

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Is it possible for an addiction to still be the therapy that keeps you going? Addicted? I guess. But it's the therapy of the twirling that keep my mind from exploding - Great thinknig time when your surronded by fast moving objects so no one can go near you without getting hurt. smilee*

Page: